How did Buu sense Gohan?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

How did Buu sense Gohan?

Post by Ssjcell » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:27 pm

Gohans gains with the z sword must have been incredible for majin Buu to sense him from the kai's planet. You have to consider the fact that neither Gohan or goku sensed any increase in strength when he was going thru the strengthening process neither did the supreme Kai or kibito. Once he powers up in anger I understand but to sense him from that distance is an incredible feat. I don't know seems far fetched maybe he was making it up...

Regular

Re: How did Buu sense Gohan?

Post by AvatarReiko » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:56 pm

Ssjcell wrote:Gohans gains with the z sword must have been incredible for majin Buu to sense him from the kai's planet. You have to consider the fact that neither Gohan or goku sensed any increase in strength when he was going thru the strengthening process neither did the supreme Kai or kibito. Once he powers up in anger I understand but to sense him from that distance is an incredible feat. I don't know seems far fetched maybe he was making it up...
Well, Gohan, Kibito and Supreme Kai were all able to sense Goku when he went SSJ3

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:56 pm

AvatarReiko wrote:Well, Gohan, Kibito and Supreme Kai were all able to sense Goku when he went SSJ3
Yeah, I'm really not seeing the problem here too. In DBS, Goku was able to sense SSJ Kid Trunks all the way from Beerus' world despite Trunks still being virtually the same level he was at from the Boo arc. if Goku can do that then Boo sensing the massively-stronger Ultimate Gohan from far away is perfectly reasonable.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:22 am

Doesn't seem weird to me, not even in hindsight. Gohan was actually the strongest fighter in the whole universe at that time, including existing fusions, and was only surpassed later by Vegito and himself absorbed by Super Buu, and Gotenks Buu. IIRC, Gotenks was sensed by Gohan during old kai's ritual? still, a great way to convey just how strong he got was making someone able to sense him while being millions of light years away.

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssjcell » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:23 pm

Koitsukai wrote:Doesn't seem weird to me, not even in hindsight. Gohan was actually the strongest fighter in the whole universe at that time, including existing fusions, and was only surpassed later by Vegito and himself absorbed by Super Buu, and Gotenks Buu. IIRC, Gotenks was sensed by Gohan during old kai's ritual? still, a great way to convey just how strong he got was making someone able to sense him while being millions of light years away.
How did he sense Gohan when Goku couldnt sense gohans growing power

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:48 pm

Because of this scene:

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssjcell » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:22 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote:Because of this scene:

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
That was an empty response bro

Nevaeh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nevaeh » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:35 am

Maybe's Buu's energy sensing abilities are that much better than everybody elses?

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:51 am

It was made pretty clear anyone ssj3 tier or above could be sensed from that distance.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:33 am

Kid Boo could sense Goku and Vegeta in the Kaioshin realm even though they were only in Super Saiyan.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:57 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote:Because of this scene:

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Gohan must have already surpassed Super Buu at that point and was receiving his unlocked strength's proverbial cherry on top. It was that powering up scene which made Buu realise that his supremacy was endangered and that he would need to somehow acquire more power, i.e absorbing Gotenks, if he hoped to regain his title. Makes you wonder what was going through his mind between first registering the power spike, fighting Gotenks, and then overhearing his opponent talk about the time limit he has after leaving the ROSAT.

Waluigiman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Waluigiman » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:31 pm

Doctor. wrote:Kid Boo could sense Goku and Vegeta in the Kaioshin realm even though they were only in Super Saiyan.
Also Majin Buu already messes up reality and stuff so sensing Gohan is not that strange.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:35 pm

Super Boo's ki sensing in general seems extremely advanced. Not only could he sense Gohan's power growing from the Kaioshin Realm when no one else could, he could also calculate the remaining population of the Earth in under a minute and launch out billions of tracking blasts, which perfectly homed in on billions of unique ki signatures while not doing even the tiniest bit of harm to people he wanted to spare (or the environment).
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:48 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:Super Boo's ki sensing in general seems extremely advanced. Not only could he sense Gohan's power growing from the Kaioshin Realm when no one else could, he could also calculate the remaining population of the Earth in under a minute and launch out billions of tracking blasts, which perfectly homed in on billions of unique ki signatures while not doing even the tiniest bit of harm to people he wanted to spare (or the environment).
He went around the Lookout looking down on Earth though. He didn't rely exclusively on his Ki sensing.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:49 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:Super Boo's ki sensing in general seems extremely advanced. Not only could he sense Gohan's power growing from the Kaioshin Realm when no one else could, he could also calculate the remaining population of the Earth in under a minute and launch out billions of tracking blasts, which perfectly homed in on billions of unique ki signatures while not doing even the tiniest bit of harm to people he wanted to spare (or the environment).
He went around the Lookout looking down on Earth though. He didn't rely exclusively on his Ki sensing.
He still perfectly placed billions of blasts perfectly into their chests with insane precision; if he just calculated Earth's population on his own, that suggests he's extremely intelligent as well.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.