Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Noah » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:35 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote:Plot 1
- Broly goes LSSJ and starts to beat Goku and Vegeta
- Having no choice the two fuse
- Gogeta blue beats Broly but this makes Broly stronger
- Gogeta defuses and Broly takes out Vegeta
- Goku goes into Completed Ultra instinct and fights Broly
- Movie ends with Broly becoming a ally and Goku vowing he'll best Broly next time and Vegeta saying he'll best Goku

Plot 2
- Broly goes LSSJ and starts to beat Goku and Vegeta
- Goku goes into Omen or UI but Broly is getting stronger
- Vegeta goes into Omen
- As the two are fighting in instinct and not in control Ultra Instinct makes them fuse into Gogeta
- Omen/ UI Gogeta beats Broly then defuses
- The 3 weakened Saiyans go their separate ways with Broly now an ally, Goku vowing to defeat Broly and Vegeta wanting to beat Goku
I got a better one:

Plot 3
- Broly beats Goku to a pulp
- Vegeta is the only left to fight Broly and he unlocks UI when he's about the get killed
- Tables are turned, but is revealed that Broly's power drastically increases at every second
- Paragus worries about that as Broly can't control his full power and he could put the whole Multiverse in danger.
- Vegeta fails to kill Broly until he had the advantage and get's K.O
- Broly's power keep increasing as his aura exerts a pressure all over the planet
- Predicting the danger, Beerus stops eating his dessert and goes to the battlefield to end the conflict immediately
- It's too late and Broly turns into a huge supernova and explodes along with the whole Multiverse, killing all the living beings, deities and realms
- On unusual environment, a man wakes up from a nap on his work table
- That man is Akira Toriyama realizing that Super was nothing but a failure and starts writing a story about the return of the Para Para brothers.
FortuneSSJ wrote:Gogeta is the least of my concerns, when DB Minus is coming. Somente stop Toriyama, please. :(
You're so damn right, between Gogeta and Minus I definetely would pick Gogeta :D
Xeztin wrote:Perhaps Toriyama took inspiration from all 3 Broly movies including Bio-Broly?
No, probably just Movie 8.
Last edited by Noah on Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:07 pm

New interview with movie art directors Nobuhito Sue and Kazuo Ogura. Herms has translated the important stuff on his Twitter.

Here's a look at that yellowish looking planet from the trailer. Looks like it's called "Planet Banpa".

Then we have another look at Planet Vegeta.

They're going to be exploring "never-before-seen parts of Planet Vegeta" in the film.

If I had to guess, Planet Banpa is the location where the Freeza Force will find Broly. There's that one scene in the trailer where Cheelai and Lemo look like they've found something on that planet. There's also that one instance that's presumably set in the past, since we see what looks like a young Paragus and another Saiyan searching a destroyed Saiyan pod. They were possibly searching for Broly at that time but couldn't find him.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:10 pm

Since they're drawing from past depictions of Vegeta, I wonder if they'll go ahead and canonize Tora, Fasha, Borgos and Shugesh as Bardock's squad?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:20 pm

If they are going off of previous depictions of Planet Vegeta then why it's blue there? Planet Vegeta is red. Unless, of course, those aren't actual images of the planets mentioned in the text.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:50 pm

Yay more locations~! The lack of location variety in RoF was one of my complaints about that film; looks like that's be solved with this one.
Planet Vegeta looks so cool!

As for why the sky is blue instead of red....time of day? Something related to the sun and/or moon? If we're going in-universe anyway. I don't really mind which color the sky is; the buildings and nature look real good.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:28 pm

I would not mind how the landscape is portrayed at all but even that is an important thing when it comes to Saiyans these days. The Super Saiyan bargain sale wasn't a thing back in the day because of that. Since Earth's environment is softer, that somehow enabled Goten and Trunks to transform easier. We can't actually have a gorgeous-looking planet Vegeta with a calm environment, nice weather, beautiful stuff that can make Saiyans' lives look like they are in some sort of paradise. Heck, now that Toriyama added that bit of information, I would say it explains why planet Vegeta is red, it is meant to be the opposite of planet Earth, the former is not a cool place while the latter is.

One of the things I also enjoy a lot is landscapes, love gorgeous backgrounds and I use images of those kind as a wallpaper. However, since I care for lore too, I have to nitpick about this particular thing. If that is planet Vegeta, then it kind of contradicts Toriyama's statement about Super Saiyan.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Dragono
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragono » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:30 am

Grimlock wrote:I would not mind how the landscape is portrayed at all but even that is an important thing when it comes to Saiyans these days. The Super Saiyan bargain sale wasn't a thing back in the day because of that. Since Earth's environment is softer, that somehow enabled Goten and Trunks to transform easier. We can't actually have a gorgeous-looking planet Vegeta with a calm environment, nice weather, beautiful stuff that can make Saiyans' lives look like they are in some sort of paradise. Heck, now that Toriyama added that bit of information, I would say it explains why planet Vegeta is red, it is meant to be the opposite of planet Earth, the former is not a cool place while the latter is.

One of the things I also enjoy a lot is landscapes, love gorgeous backgrounds and I use images of those kind as a wallpaper. However, since I care for lore too, I have to nitpick about this particular thing. If that is planet Vegeta, then it kind of contradicts Toriyama's statement about Super Saiyan.
Did Toriyama ever draw planet Vegeta in the manga?

This may be his version

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:25 am

Dragono wrote:Did Toriyama ever draw planet Vegeta in the manga?

This may be his version
He drew it in Minus. And the planet has very organic/primitive rock structures (same as in Episode of Bardock), as opposed to the hi-tech depiction from the Bardock TV special they apparently are going to follow.

kudo6000
Beyond Newbie

Post by kudo6000 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:51 am

Has it been confirmed that that is really Planet Vegeta, though?

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:19 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:Here's a look at that yellowish looking planet from the trailer. Looks like it's called "Planet Banpa".
Planet "Banpa"? Huh, interesting name. What a dump, though.
I see that Herms thinks the pun is "vampire", which means the planet name would be "Planet Vampa". I was more thinking that the pun was "bumper", though, so the planet name would be "Planet Bumpa" in that case. But I suppose it could be either at this point.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:35 am

Yes, it appears in chapter 307 and in Movie 14. But if you're talking about the inside, then there is Dragon Ball Minus as already mentioned. Which surprisingly was very identical to how planet Vegeta (known as planet Plant at that time) was depicted in Episode of Bardock.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:52 am

Grimlock wrote:Yes, it appears in chapter 307 and in Movie 14. But if you're talking about the inside, then there is Dragon Ball Minus as already mentioned. Which surprisingly was very identical to how planet Vegeta (known as planet Plant at that time) was depicted in Episode of Bardock.
Considering that Toriyama had some involvement in it (he provided the designs for Chilled and the Plantians), it's not a stretch to imagine that he gave some notes and tips to Ōishi on how planet Vegeta was supposed to look.

I do find it strange on how they are going for the look presented in the TV special though...

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:58 am

Luso Saiyan wrote:
Grimlock wrote:Yes, it appears in chapter 307 and in Movie 14. But if you're talking about the inside, then there is Dragon Ball Minus as already mentioned. Which surprisingly was very identical to how planet Vegeta (known as planet Plant at that time) was depicted in Episode of Bardock.
Considering that Toriyama had some involvement in it (he provided the designs for Chilled and the Plantians), it's not a stretch to imagine that he gave some notes and tips to Ōishi on how planet Vegeta was supposed to look.

I do find it strange on how they are going for the look presented in the TV special though...
Could be that they're blending a bit of Bardock: Father of Goku and Dragon Ball Minus together.

Toriyama does seem to mix and match a lot when he's working with content he hasn't created wholly original.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:55 am

I also rather Planet Vegeta to have red sky instead of blue. It fits the bloody atmosphere of the Saiyans much more, while the blue sky represents the peaceful atmosphere on Earth.
If there wasn't a confirmation, I would assume that was Planet Plant before the war between Saiyans and Tuffles took place that would lead to a change of atmosphere.

Just like what happened with FT West City in DBS when Goku Black/FT Zamasu appeared.

Planet Banpa looks great. I would like them to address which galaxy is its location. They never addressed the different galaxies in U7 again, after the 12 Universes concept was introduced.

Anyway another problem with ROF is solved, which was the lack of different and interesting locations.
Next step - Don't kill Freeza.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:46 am

Luso Saiyan wrote:

This may be his version
He drew it in Minus. And the planet has very organic/primitive rock structures (same as in Episode of Bardock), as opposed to the hi-tech depiction from the Bardock TV special they apparently are going to follow.
I really really really wish they would get their lore straight.

We also have the U7 Saiyan planet which seems to be more on the primitive side as well. Maybe we will get some context. But it would be odd for them to have clothing, culture, and development so similar their home worlds and inventions so different.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:06 pm

There is probably different parts of Planet Vegeta that we never seened before. Not everyone on the Planet lives with the same lifestyle as everyone else. People on Earth don't all live in big fancy cities as well.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

AlexFili
Beyond Newbie

Post by AlexFili » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:50 pm

Fingers crossed for a Raditz/Nappa cameo
=
Singer, Swordfighter and Livestreamer

Like Dragonball Z: Legendary Super Warriors for GBC? Check out our Wordpress site which contains all the Character Focus articles and Let's Play Video Links! http://legendarysuperwarriors.wordpress.com/
=

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:41 pm

AlexFili wrote:Fingers crossed for a Raditz/Nappa cameo
I also would not be against a Turles cameo

Dragono
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragono » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:00 pm

TheMikado wrote:
Luso Saiyan wrote:

This may be his version
I really really really wish they would get their lore straight.

We also have the U7 Saiyan planet which seems to be more on the primitive side as well. Maybe we will get some context. But it would be odd for them to have clothing, culture, and development so similar their home worlds and inventions so different.
Well, thats an issue when you have so many hands in the pot that have all done something with this franchise.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:46 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:I also would not be against a Turles cameo
I wouldn't either, I mean we already Broly. Why not introduce Tullece aka not Goku Black on it too :)
Last edited by Noah on Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?