Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xeogran
I Live Here

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Xeogran » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:55 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Xeogran wrote:I feel bad for the voice actors having to waste their lives on THIS. Does Bandai/Shueisha or whoever is handling this knows no shame? Glad it isn't 20 minutes long.

Literally a stereotype of what non-DB fans think about the series: Shouting, big beams and more shouting. Any semblance of martial arts or even fight scenes is gone.

I know this is promotional, but holy shit. Even the 1 minute trailers in DBH get better animation than this and in general are more fun.
Oh no, people being paid a lot of money to provide relatively minimal time compared to their usual contracted gig hours on the shows they do getting paid more. Oh the humanity

God you're dramatic
No, not on that aspect. I mean they're fairly old and this useless shouting is wasting both their energy and time.

Literally nothing good came out of this episode. If you think humanity is all about money, then it's you who is in the wrong.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:07 am

Xeogran wrote:No, not on that aspect. I mean they're fairly old and this useless shouting is wasting both their energy and time.
So? It's not wasting your energy and time so why would it matter? You don't need to be concerned about other people's voice boxes.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:16 am

Bullza wrote:
Xeogran wrote:No, not on that aspect. I mean they're fairly old and this useless shouting is wasting both their energy and time.
So? It's not wasting your energy and time so why would it matter? You don't need to be concerned about other people's voice boxes.
Because I respect the people working on Dragon Ball, they're irreplaceable. Is everyone on this world supposed to be selfish, according to your logic?

The VAs are doing their best, but the animation is absolutely non-existent. It's jarring, and that's what bothers me.

Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mnich » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:56 am

Xeogran wrote:
Bullza wrote:
Because I respect the people working on Dragon Ball, they're irreplaceable. Is everyone on this world supposed to be selfish, according to your logic?

The VAs are doing their best, but the animation is absolutely non-existent. It's jarring, and that's what bothers me.
Well I must agree with the others. It's not like they are decreasing their life span by shouting, besides there's not much to shout in these episodes. Don't worry about them, they are professional voice actors, they like their characters and their job so I guess it's a pleasure for them to be a part of SDBH promotional anime.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:23 am

So ... no ssj cumber, cooler didn't do nothing and he's still in golden form and everything is rushed again.
I prefer the manga at this point.
I hope they won't skip ss3 trunks ...

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:00 am

Xeogran wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Xeogran wrote:I feel bad for the voice actors having to waste their lives on THIS. Does Bandai/Shueisha or whoever is handling this knows no shame? Glad it isn't 20 minutes long.

Literally a stereotype of what non-DB fans think about the series: Shouting, big beams and more shouting. Any semblance of martial arts or even fight scenes is gone.

I know this is promotional, but holy shit. Even the 1 minute trailers in DBH get better animation than this and in general are more fun.
Oh no, people being paid a lot of money to provide relatively minimal time compared to their usual contracted gig hours on the shows they do getting paid more. Oh the humanity

God you're dramatic
No, not on that aspect. I mean they're fairly old and this useless shouting is wasting both their energy and time.

Literally nothing good came out of this episode. If you think humanity is all about money, then it's you who is in the wrong.

You going to see the Wizard of Oz with that Strawman?

I never said it was about money. It's just part of their jobs. The actress who plays goku has been in adverts, so have many of them. It's a contractual obligation.

There've been bad dragonball games with the same VA's in, does that mean that it's disrespectful to them? No

you've got no arguement really. You're just throwing buzzwords like 'disrespectful' when really you're mouthing off about a product you don't enjoy acting like it ruined dragonball 5eva, which is actually more disrespectful.

I didn't like some of the Z movies, do I go around acting like it's a stain on the VA or animator's careers? No. Thats what you're doing here though.

and the hell you talking about 'in the wrong?' difference of opinion is not 'right or wrong' any reasonable person can see that. I just think you're blowing this out of proportion, massively so
Last edited by mahakaishin1991 on Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:02 am

Gt91 wrote:So ... no ssj cumber, cooler didn't do nothing and he's still in golden form and everything is rushed again.
at the rate they are going I dont even think we'll be guaranteed a sighting of bojack or king cold tbf

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:17 am

shadowmaria wrote:Better than episode's one and two. I'm happy with that

Next episode is going to be. Y'all need to stop taking this promotional anime so seriously
Firmly disagree: Episode 2 wasn't half-bad by throwaway promotional anime standards. This one doesn't offer much of anything in comparison, feels dragged out in places (which is bizarre given that it's not even 10 minutes) and bears some of the worst animation by far in this mini-series.

I'm not a fan of the implication that we're "taking it too seriously" because we didn't like it. If it's a promotional tool, it's specifically produced to garner an audience so it has to be assessed on some level.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:10 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:I didn't like some of the Z movies, do I go around acting like it's a stain on the VA or animator's careers?
Difference is, they were 25 years younger than they are now. Why is time such a non factor to you? Same with your games argument.

Besides, no matter what game, any had better passion put into it than this episode.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:27 am

I feel like this anime is some kind of pilot test on seeing if Dragon Ball can have two completely different shows/reality's going on at the same time. I wouldn't doubt it if Super Hero's started over with a more fleshed out plot beside Super when it comes back. Or one may run when the other is out of season.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:53 am

I would have thought that Heroes going full "Fantasy Kitchen Sink" and relying on "Rule Of Cool" would at least provide some kind of stimulating entertainment or even delve into the "turn off your brain and enjoy the fireworks" area. But it's not even that. It's not even like Episode 66 of the Dragon Ball Super anime where, despite the lack of logic, there is still some kind of story, or at the very least thematic undertones underlined from an ongoing narrative, that can be provided.

Super Dragon Ball Heroes has nothing to say, and is terribly dull and lifeless.Something Dragon Ball -- a story that embraces its silliness and nonsense with earnest to produce some semblance of a narrative -- should never be. It being a promotional short anime doesn't excuse the lack of any interesting story to be told.

The musical score for the promotional anime is really good, I'll admit to that.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:32 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:I would have thought that Heroes going full "Fantasy Kitchen Sink" and relying on "Rule Of Cool" would at least provide some kind of stimulating entertainment or even delve into the "turn off your brain and enjoy the fireworks" area. But it's not even that. It's not even like Episode 66 of the Dragon Ball Super anime where, despite the lack of logic, there is still some kind of story, or at the very least thematic undertones underlined from an ongoing narrative, that can be provided.

Super Dragon Ball Heroes has nothing to say, and is terribly dull and lifeless.Something Dragon Ball -- a story that embraces its silliness and nonsense with earnest to produce some semblance of a narrative -- should never be. It being a promotional short anime doesn't excuse the lack of any interesting story to be told.

The musical score for the promotional anime is really good, I'll admit to that.
I agree with this analysis. This promo series has been nothing but boring. There is no scale for the fights and the movement of the characters is classical modern Yamamuro: stiff and lifeless. The show has made me wish the new movie came out earlier.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:12 pm

I really can't wrap around my mind that whoever worked on this episode doesn't understand what makes Vegetto or Kaioken so fun to watch. It's fine if you want to make an enemy that can give even him break a sweat, but literally wasting him in such a fashion? Then he pulls out Kaioken and the battle goes on the same... No rushes, no bursts of speed with impactful hits... Nothing. How do you screw up something like this, that's supposed to be the pinnacle of cool?

It really doesn't help Cumber is the worst character in the history of this franchise. Out of all the cool ones they could've pulled from the Dark Dragon Balls 'Arc' we get a series based around this shit? Even the Prison Planet 'Arc' has some characters they can draw your attention: Cooler, Ozotto, Fuu (if he'd do anything). I'd take even Hatchiyack over this meathead.

After the decent episode 2 I was willing to give this one a chance due to Vegetto and the two extra months of work between episode two and three but I'm super letdown. I can only imagine how terrible the next one is going to be with how much faster is coming out and no footage being shown at all for it.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:51 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Gt91 wrote:So ... no ssj cumber, cooler didn't do nothing and he's still in golden form and everything is rushed again.
at the rate they are going I dont even think we'll be guaranteed a sighting of bojack or king cold tbf
They have both been sighted though?

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:20 am

shadowmaria wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
They have both been sighted though?
You mean those on a screen in Fu's room cameos? Ya'll know what I mean. Bojack had been killed by Cooler and King Cold was taken out by Kanba after he left his ball to Cooler before his ape form showed up in the game, at best case they are rearranging things. Otherwise...

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:50 am

I've already said this in a couple of places, but I'll say it again here:
Cumber is literally too strong for the plot in this anime. If Base Cumber can go toe to toe with Vegito Blue Kaioken, then I think we can all agree that he's stronger than Beerus. Giving him a golden Oozaru form on top of that is ridiculous. It's straight out said in the original manga (during Goku vs Vegeta) that regular Oozaru is a x10 boost, and if Golden Oozaru is just SS1 + Oozaru ("just" because it doesn't need to be SS1 specifically) then that should be another multiplier on top of that again. Taking the guidebook x50 multiplier for SS1 would make the total a x500 multiplier, but you can lowball the hell out of it and make the total something like x50 if you want. It has to be more than x10, though. Point is Cumber's power as a Golden Oozaru is preposterously high.
But I do have an idea on how to defeat Cumber even with all of this in mind. If they run into Xeno Goku again, and they have "regular" Goku get beaten up enough to unlock the white-haired UI form, they can slap a pair of earrings on the two and create Fused Goku, who'd pretty much look like a bootleg Super Saiyan 5. "Fake SS5" Fused Goku could actually "out-ridiculous" Golden Oozaru Cumber and win.

The part that worries me the most is that Cumber could easily be given SS4 after all this, and I don't know if even El Hermano could win against that. Memes aside, that would be too much for my already breaking suspension of disbelief.
Not that the writers really care.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mnich » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:10 am

I see a few shocked people here and I don't understand that. Dragon Ball always had this pattern - all the next enemies are even more powerful than the previous ones. It was like always since the beginning. Goku just defeated Jiren in ToP, the next enemy is Broly who we have to believe is even stronger than Jiren. After defeating Broly, there will be another strong villain and so on.

This timeline (Prison planet saga) is supposed to be after ToP (or just Zamasu arc). What's so suprising that some ancient Saiyan (that could be powered up by Fu) is so strong? That's the pattern. Or maybe you want to see the next main enemy in pair with Appule or even Tambourine power level? That's crazy.
Last edited by Mnich on Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:11 am

Alruneia wrote:I've already said this in a couple of places, but I'll say it again here:
Cumber is literally too strong for the plot in this anime. If Base Cumber can go toe to toe with Vegito Blue Kaioken, then I think we can all agree that he's stronger than Beerus. Giving him a golden Oozaru form on top of that is ridiculous. It's straight out said in the original manga (during Goku vs Vegeta) that regular Oozaru is a x10 boost, and if Golden Oozaru is just SS1 + Oozaru ("just" because it doesn't need to be SS1 specifically) then that should be another multiplier on top of that again. Taking the guidebook x50 multiplier for SS1 would make the total a x500 multiplier, but you can lowball the hell out of it and make the total something like x50 if you want. It has to be more than x10, though. Point is Cumber's power as a Golden Oozaru is preposterously high.
But I do have an idea on how to defeat Cumber even with all of this in mind. If they run into Xeno Goku again, and they have "regular" Goku get beaten up enough to unlock the white-haired UI form, they can slap a pair of earrings on the two and create Fused Goku, who'd pretty much look like a bootleg Super Saiyan 5. "Fake SS5" Fused Goku could actually "out-ridiculous" Golden Oozaru Cumber and win.

The part that worries me the most is that Cumber could easily be given SS4 after all this, and I don't know if even El Hermano could win against that. Memes aside, that would be too much for my already breaking suspension of disbelief.
Not that the writers really care.
Golden Oozaru is more powerful than you realize. Baby Vegeta who, in his SS1 form, is on par with SS3 Goku, gets his accompanying versions of SS2 (Strongest Form 1) and SS3 (Strongest Form 2), making Baby is around 8 times stronger than SS3 Goku and over 3200 times stronger than Base GT Goku. If this seems crazy, remember, even SS2 Vegeta is in GT leaps and bounds weaker than Base GT Goku. Goku is only able to overcome Strongest Form 2 Baby with Golden Oozaru, a 4000 times increase to Base power.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:44 pm

This episode was pretty darn boring and uninteresting, in my opinion. Golden Coola just stood around looking, Vegetto and Cumber had a tiresome Super-like fight and I'm not sure if the score is actually all that good cause I was more focused on the episode itself.

The fact that these episodes last so little means they rush it and include the parts they think are the best.

gantarat

Post by gantarat » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:02 am

Cumber go Orange Oozaru not Golden.