Dragon Ball Super in Polish TV (Polish dub)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

coola
I Live Here

Dragon Ball Super in Polish TV (Polish dub)

Post by coola » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:19 am

New channel called Polsat Games starts 1st October, they confirmed they gonna air Dragon Ball Super, and with Polish dub, exact airing date and voice actors list are currently unknown http://polski-dubbing.pl/2018/09/11/dra ... sat-games/
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Polish TV (Polish dub)

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:25 am

That's great news. Hopefully they'll dub the opening song. :)

Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mnich » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:58 am

There will be option to turn off the Polish dub and watch it with subtitles which is great as I can't imagine watching it with any other language than Japanese. I also heard that we will be able to watch it on TV4 and TV6, these two channels belong to Polsat.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:32 pm

This is some wild news :shock:
We never had a Dragon Ball dub before in Poland (except Movies 12 and 13)

We had DB-Z-GT-Kai aired with a guy reading over the text from either French (DB & Z) or Japanese versions (GT & Kai). The first batch was heavily censored too.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:16 am

Xeogran wrote:This is some wild news :shock:
We never had a Dragon Ball dub before in Poland (except Movies 12 and 13)

We had DB-Z-GT-Kai aired with a guy reading over the text from either French (DB & Z) or Japanese versions (GT & Kai). The first batch was heavily censored too.
From what i heard, unlike Slayers, with just had crappy translation, AB Groupe held licence for Europe, with is why we had to use French as base for translation, Big Green dub and Portugal dub had similar hilarious translation :)

Hopefully Super translation will be based on Japanese version, Kai had Polish voice over Japanese original dub, but translation was based on Funimation English dub :)
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

wjbraden
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wjbraden » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:22 pm

Glad to hear you guys will be getting a regular dub! Poland has been getting doings lots of dubs for non-children's anime recently, for shows like Flip Flappers and Netflix titles, so I was hoping Super would be getting a dub too.
Interested in learning about the many international dubs of Dragon Ball? Then contribute to our Dragon Ball International Dubs spreadsheet here!: https://goo.gl/Zay3za It's open for anyone to edit* and view, so go ahead and add your own information to our ever-growing list!

* If you request access with a google account.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:40 pm

I'm glad you guys finally are getting a DB series dubbed :)

Looking forward to hear the cast :D

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:11 pm

Xeogran wrote:We had DB-Z-GT-Kai aired with a guy reading over the text from either French (DB & Z) or Japanese versions (GT & Kai). The first batch was heavily censored too.
Actually, what happened was that the first half of GT (an uneven half) was based off the French dub, while the remainder was based off the original Japanese footage. AFAIK the first episode to make the switch is episode 37. Most of the French-derived terms remained, though sometimes references to the equivalent of "Saiyajin" are kept...mainly when referring to the series though. Interestingly, episodes 37-46 have English episode titles (https://imgur.com/a/VYJAaz2), 47- have no visible episode titles in any language...though the Lector says the Polish translated episode title as usual. https://imgur.com/a/VYJAaz2
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

wjbraden
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wjbraden » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:50 pm

Danfun64 wrote:
Xeogran wrote:We had DB-Z-GT-Kai aired with a guy reading over the text from either French (DB & Z) or Japanese versions (GT & Kai). The first batch was heavily censored too.
Actually, what happened was that the first half of GT (an uneven half) was based off the French dub, while the remainder was based off the original Japanese footage. AFAIK the first episode to make the switch is episode 37. Most of the French-derived terms remained, though sometimes references to the equivalent of "Saiyajin" are kept...mainly when referring to the series though. Interestingly, episodes 37-46 have English episode titles (https://imgur.com/a/VYJAaz2), 47- have no visible episode titles in any language...though the Lector says the Polish translated episode title as usual. https://imgur.com/a/VYJAaz2
Huh, that's really interesting, I don't think any other dub, at least that I'm aware of, used those particular on-screen episode titles. Really strange they're in English. I wonder if those come from Toei's poorly translated English scripts that have been rumored about by Chris Sabat and others.

Not to get further off topic, but were a majority of the movies lectored at some point. I'm aware of the dubs for movies 12 and 13, but I found a site online that has those movies lectored as well, along with earlier movies like Broly? Are these fan creations or the real deal?
Interested in learning about the many international dubs of Dragon Ball? Then contribute to our Dragon Ball International Dubs spreadsheet here!: https://goo.gl/Zay3za It's open for anyone to edit* and view, so go ahead and add your own information to our ever-growing list!

* If you request access with a google account.

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:51 pm

I'm fairly certain that at least some of them were reused, sometimes with some level of modification, in Blue Water GT. I could be wrong, though.

"mainly when referring to the series though" I meant to say mainly when referring to the species.

Pretty sure the Polish Lector of Kai 1.0 always used the Japanese footage as a base (not sure if scripts are direct translations of the Japanese or if they derive from the Funi Uncut English script). AFAIK it never used the French based terms from the previous polish overdubs.
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:30 pm

wjbraden wrote: Not to get further off topic, but were a majority of the movies lectored at some point. I'm aware of the dubs for movies 12 and 13, but I found a site online that has those movies lectored as well, along with earlier movies like Broly? Are these fan creations or the real deal?
I remember a user from here told me that Z movies 1-3 were lectored. Like the series, they were based on the French dub.

It's even mentioned in Polish Wikipedia:
filmy 1-3 wydane na VHS przez Planet Manga z francuskim dubbingiem i polskim lektorem.
Here's the translation with some corrections I did:
films 1-3 released in VHS by Planet Manga with french dub and polish lektor.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:48 am

Well, looks like we have to wait a "little" longer for the dub because the TV channel hasn't been launched yet. The Oct. 1 date was for the internet launch of the channel.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:16 am

Well, it's been confirmed that the TV channel will be launched next Monday.

Off-Topic : It's also confirmed that besides Dragon Ball Super, they will also air Boku no Hero Academia.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:29 am

Channel ad https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaZJrMtqaGU 0:15 "Over 9000 episodes of anime" wow, i can't believe they made that reference, nice :)
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:07 pm

According to Polski-Dubbing, the dub will be shown on weekdays (Mon-Fri) at 4pm.

There's also a trailer where you can listen Goku and Beerus' voices:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... c.php&_rdr

I can't really give a full opinion about the voices because it's a short clip.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:11 pm

If anyone's interested about polish opinion on this dub sample then...

It's awful.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:54 am

I'm gonna wait for 1st episode, but yeah, this fragment was pretty bad. I heard My Hero Academia will sadly have voice over instead of dubbing :(
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:31 pm

coola wrote:I'm gonna wait for 1st episode, but yeah, this fragment was pretty bad. I heard My Hero Academia will sadly have voice over instead of dubbing :(
Wow, that channel has every form of translation for TV (dubs, subs and voice-overs)

My partial opinion is that Goku sounds too young, that voice should be Gohan's instead and Beerus sounds kinda flat but this is an opinion that could change or not as the episodes are aired.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:00 pm

People responsible for dub also worked on Sailor Moon Movies recently release here, and dubbing was fantastic, so hopefully it will be same for Super :)

Beerus is played by Jakub Szydlowski, veteran voice actor.
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek: