"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Tai Lung » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:18 am

ricky84 wrote:After seeing the gameplay changes with Towa in Xenoverse 2 as well as the gameplay for Kefla and Baby, I definitely want to see these 3 in DBFZ now. Anybody agrees?
if I like the idea, although I do not know how likely,I am to doubt much of towa

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:25 pm

If I get this right, it confirms more DLCs after the Cooler/A17 pack.
https://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/09/09 ... ch-thanks/

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:24 am

Well they've been pretty straight forward so far so hopefully they aren't just spicing 17's release and they legitimately mean more additional content. Though to be honest I'm happy with what we have for the 1st game in what could be a series of legitimate Dragon Ball centered fighting games. If I had to ask for "More Stuff" it'll definitely just be more stages and costumes, maybe a "version 2" music pack with extra Dramatic finishes but that's it. If I HAD to go the character route maybe 3-4 more characters would due just fine until the next game, whenever that'll be.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

UltraPrimus22
Not-So-Newbie

Post by UltraPrimus22 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:41 pm

There was an appropriately-timed fan survey conducted on the FighterZ Reddit by user sofastsomaybe, comprising about 4,099 responses.
Below is a visual representation of the most notable results:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

sofastsomaybe also made a couple of analytical points about the results, which they also represented in the form of a Google Spreadsheet and Pie Graphs for every character. In their words:
  • The people who hate Super characters, or more specifically the ToP characters, are a vocal minority.
  • 3 of the top 8 can't fly without props. Take them out, and Caulifla, SS4 Gogeta, and Super Buu make top 8. Take out Caulifla (because Kefla is already there) and SS4 Gogeta (because SS Gogeta is already there) and Dabura and the Great Saiyaman would make top 8.
  • Unsurprisingly, Kid Goku has the most "Do not want" votes of the whole top 8.
  • Toppo is the biggest Who? of the top 8 (253 votes). Dub watchers will be meeting him shortly.
  • Janemba is the second biggest Who? of the top 8 (166 votes). To those people, I highly recommend watching Fusion Reborn, which is my favorite of the Z movies. It's being re-released in theaters later this year for reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with the new Broly movie.
  • During the middle of the poll, SS4 Gogeta was both more wanted AND more unwanted than SS Gogeta. SS Gogeta had more ambivalent votes. Sometime between the 2K and the 4K vote mark, SS Gogeta took the lead in "Want" votes as well. This speaks to how polarizing SS4 is.
  • Bojack, Android 13, and Cabba are the 3 characters with the most "Ambivalent" votes. A13 has over twice as many "Ambivalents" as "Wants" - he's that guy who's at the top of nobody's list, but everyone would be OK with him if need be.
  • Other than Gogeta, the most popular GT character is Omega Shenron.
  • SS4 Goku > SS4 Vegeta
  • Chi Chi > Bulma (but Videl > both)
  • We're not THAT sick of Gokus and Vegetas.
  • Generally speaking, the characters topping the "Who" list are game characters, classic DB characters that have gone MIA since, one-off movie characters, and ToP characters.

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:01 pm

Bactiron (I am aware I spelled that wrong) would be a treat. His style is so wild, disgusting, and out there that he would be a blast to play as. The "who is that" when it comes to Dragon Ball (original) and Movie characters angers me. Like did anyone watch Dragon Ball? How do you not know who Bactiron is?
Skip Kid Goku and give me Mercenary Tao because his movements would be fun. Who doesn't want to KO Broly with a tongue to the forehead tempo? Come on, most of DB's (original) cast bring variety to the fighting. General Blue, King Piccolo, Arale, Roshi, God, (either as Kami proper or as Hero) Ninja Murasaki and shall I go on?
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:55 pm

If Bacterian gets in this game before Raditz, this game will get the 1 finger salute from me.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:53 pm

Good list. I'm not a fan of Gogeta and can't get behind a hypothetical blue version of him getting in ahead of UI, but if that top 8 ended up being the season 2 roster, it would be pretty solid.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:16 pm

UltraPrimus22 wrote:There was an appropriately-timed fan survey conducted on the FighterZ Reddit by user sofastsomaybe, comprising about 4,099 responses.
Below is a visual representation of the most notable results:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

sofastsomaybe also made a couple of analytical points about the results, which they also represented in the form of a Google Spreadsheet and Pie Graphs for every character. In their words:
  • The people who hate Super characters, or more specifically the ToP characters, are a vocal minority.
  • 3 of the top 8 can't fly without props. Take them out, and Caulifla, SS4 Gogeta, and Super Buu make top 8. Take out Caulifla (because Kefla is already there) and SS4 Gogeta (because SS Gogeta is already there) and Dabura and the Great Saiyaman would make top 8.
  • Unsurprisingly, Kid Goku has the most "Do not want" votes of the whole top 8.
  • Toppo is the biggest Who? of the top 8 (253 votes). Dub watchers will be meeting him shortly.
  • Janemba is the second biggest Who? of the top 8 (166 votes). To those people, I highly recommend watching Fusion Reborn, which is my favorite of the Z movies. It's being re-released in theaters later this year for reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with the new Broly movie.
  • During the middle of the poll, SS4 Gogeta was both more wanted AND more unwanted than SS Gogeta. SS Gogeta had more ambivalent votes. Sometime between the 2K and the 4K vote mark, SS Gogeta took the lead in "Want" votes as well. This speaks to how polarizing SS4 is.
  • Bojack, Android 13, and Cabba are the 3 characters with the most "Ambivalent" votes. A13 has over twice as many "Ambivalents" as "Wants" - he's that guy who's at the top of nobody's list, but everyone would be OK with him if need be.
  • Other than Gogeta, the most popular GT character is Omega Shenron.
  • SS4 Goku > SS4 Vegeta
  • Chi Chi > Bulma (but Videl > both)
  • We're not THAT sick of Gokus and Vegetas.
  • Generally speaking, the characters topping the "Who" list are game characters, classic DB characters that have gone MIA since, one-off movie characters, and ToP characters.
The tournament of power was something really unique in its class. Many of us enjoyed it. I'm not surprised. and by the original dragon ball characters either.
although I would sincerely prefer to jako as gag character

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:28 pm

I'm just glad theres a raditz calling. That top 8 is what i was expecting, and those that didnt make it in were close to, pretty much what i thought we'd get.

I'm a bit surprised Baby is where he is though

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:37 pm

ShadowBardock89 wrote:If Bacterian gets in this game before Raditz, this game will get the 1 finger salute from me.
And deny us a Dramatic Finish where Krillin farts on Bacterian?! Sorry I am a Raditz fan too but I'd rather have the disgusting, large man because it would be unique, and fun.
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:14 am

GTx10 wrote:
ShadowBardock89 wrote:If Bacterian gets in this game before Raditz, this game will get the 1 finger salute from me.
And deny us a Dramatic Finish where Krillin farts on Bacterian?! Sorry I am a Raditz fan too but I'd rather have the disgusting, large man because it would be unique, and fun.
Slightly better than the Bear Thief, I guess.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:25 am

Drat, my #1 didn't make any of that infographic.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:27 am

The fact that a joke character as Satan, another Goku, and SSJ Gogeta who barely has a proper moveset in the movie, made it to top 8 made me shed some manly tears.
This is the worst timeline.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Pokesamus217

Post by Pokesamus217 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:18 am

The S wrote:Drat, my #1 didn't make any of that infographic.
Who’s that?

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:39 am

From that top 8 the only character I really wouldn't want is Gogeta, on the fence regarding Kid Goku. In the top 16 there's so much I wouldn't touch, wasn't everyone sick of Goku's? What gives?

Like I said before, I doubt early Dragon Ball makes it to the game likewise GT also has a very small chance which increases with every new character added, still very slim. Seems the game is following the DBZ and Super focus. I expect a hypothetical Season 2 DLC to contain a bunch of Super characters.

For fun in December I did a Season 1 DLC most wanted survey in this forum, not sure if anyone remembers. Here is the top 8 then:

1- Muten Roshi
2- Janemba
3- Broly
4- Dabra
5- Vegetto
6- Kid Goku
7- Cooler
8- Caulifla

So we got 3 out of 8 right. If we removed the ones we got this would be the top 8 for a Season 2:

1- Muten Roshi
2- Janemba
3- Dabra
4- Kid Goku
5- Caulifla
6- SSJ4 Gogeta
7- Jiren
8- Videl

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:37 am

Well, that last DLC character will probably be 17 right? Based on the datamining...
I kinda miss Android 18 in her TOP outfit and I like 17 in story mode, so I am looking forward to it :)

I don't think that there will be more DLC. The game is popular among fighting game fans but not much with casuals from what I saw :(
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:46 am

Super Buu makes sense to me. He could absorb a team mate to gain their abilities and get a health boost. It would be great if he could absorb every character in the game (with the exception of the other Buu's and 21) and we got a ton of new what-if absorptions like Budokai 2. It would work as a high risk high reward move as you'd effectively be sacrificing a team mate. It would also require some serious thought to go into team building as not all characters would make him stronger.

I wasn't a fan of Base Goku and Vegeta being in over different characters, but I wouldn't mind Kid Goku with his powerpole, nimbus, rock-paper-scissors, reverse Kamehameha, and the punch he used to finish Piccolo.

Or they could hit 2 birds with 1 stone and put in GT Kid Goku with all of the above except nimbus and give him SS4 as an install. It would save using yet another slot on Goku.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:40 pm

MCDaveG wrote:I don't think that there will be more DLC. The game is popular among fighting game fans but not much with casuals from what I saw :(
That tends to be the case fairly often.. Its the Die-Hards who continue to pump life into a game past its first initial year, while everyone benefits from DLC its mostly a ploy to keep casuals interested. Once the "Wow Factor" is gone most casual players lose complete interest in a game and start to anticipate the next installment.. But that can be said for all gaming genres though, not just fighting games or this game specifically.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:50 pm

90sDBZ wrote:Super Buu makes sense to me. He could absorb a team mate to gain their abilities and get a health boost. It would be great if he could absorb every character in the game (with the exception of the other Buu's and 21) and we got a ton of new what-if absorptions like Budokai 2. It would work as a high risk high reward move as you'd effectively be sacrificing a team mate. It would also require some serious thought to go into team building as not all characters would make him stronger.

I wasn't a fan of Base Goku and Vegeta being in over different characters, but I wouldn't mind Kid Goku with his powerpole, nimbus, rock-paper-scissors, reverse Kamehameha, and the punch he used to finish Piccolo.

Or they could hit 2 birds with 1 stone and put in GT Kid Goku with all of the above except nimbus and give him SS4 as an install. It would save using yet another slot on Goku.
Yeah, I was kinda surprised Super Boo was left to the side and since they gave to Pure Boo his humanity extinction attacked he won't make it in. They could do so many things with his absorption like you said.

The thing is we would have 3 Boo's. Dragon Ball with it's million forms forces these games with limited rosters to try and add variety. It's really hard to deal with all the factors when picking characters. Still very disappointed Super Boo didn't make it just for it's potential.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:21 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:The fact that a joke character as Satan, another Goku, and SSJ Gogeta who barely has a proper moveset in the movie, made it to top 8 made me shed some manly tears.
This is the worst timeline.
For Gogeta they can make up his moveset, no reason why we should limit them to use moves they only used in the manga/anime.
LightBing wrote:In the top 16 there's so much I wouldn't touch, wasn't everyone sick of Goku's? What gives?
Well the survey shows the Goku fatigue is just a minority.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.