"Jump Force" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Re: "Jump Force" Official Discussion Thread

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:43 pm

sintzu wrote:
The S wrote:
sintzu wrote:
It's a proven theory as nearly every Anime sequel brings over the 1st game's content.
"Proven theory"? I... what?
DB's games carry over characters from the previous ones. Naruto's do the same thing. I'm pretty sure everyone in the first 2 one piece warriors games were carried over to the 3rd one.
I think the point is that there is no such thing as a proven theory. Because a theory that is proven is known as a fact.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:53 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:I think the point is that there is no such thing as a proven theory. Because a theory that is proven is known as a fact.
I...I knew that. :oops: :think: :shifty:
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:26 am

I used to vouch for this game, but after seeing more of it, it really puts me off.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

The graphics is just bad. My eyes are used to the new FighterZ colorful style, and this game is the very opposite of that.

Putting a ruined Statue of Liberty on Planet Namek doesn't help the case either. I get it there are real world stages, but do you have to pollute the Anime ones too?

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:58 am

Xeogran wrote:I used to vouch for this game, but after seeing more of it, it really puts me off.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

The graphics is just bad. My eyes are used to the new FighterZ colorful style, and this game is the very opposite of that.

Putting a ruined Statue of Liberty on Planet Namek doesn't help the case either. I get it there are real world stages, but do you have to pollute the Anime ones too?

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
The whole point of the game is the real world being fused with the anime one so you can expect the other anime stages to have real world landmarks and vice versa. I understand wanting a more anime look when it comes to the graphics but personally I think they're amazing.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:34 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:I think the point is that there is no such thing as a proven theory. Because a theory that is proven is known as a fact.
Only if you mean "theory" in the casual sense, as a synonym for "guess." A scientific theory is as close to a fact as you can get.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:33 am

Xeogran wrote:I used to vouch for this game, but after seeing more of it, it really puts me off.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I agree. In an era where we have games like Fighterz this game just looks like garbage. Characters look like those Zelda in Unreal 4 demos you see on Youtube.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:16 am

Xeogran wrote:The graphics is just bad.
No, you just don't like the stylistic choice they've gone with. There's a fat difference.
ZeroNeonix wrote:
When theories are "proven" they "upgrade" to laws or principles, though. Regardless of how it's used, "proven theory" sounds like an oxymoron.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:45 am

The S wrote:
No, you just don't like the stylistic choice they've gone with. There's a fat difference.
No, plenty of models just look plain bad, regardless of the artstyle. Freeza does not look okay, at all.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:23 pm

Quebaz wrote:
The S wrote:
No, plenty of models just look plain bad, regardless of the artstyle. Freeza does not look okay, at all.

Based on what parameters?
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:08 pm

The stages and textures look pretty good, some characters just don't transition well to me, like Luffy, while others did pretty well, like Bleach/Hunter X Hunter characters.

I think the only ugly thing is the effects in combat. There is so much damn particles and blurs I can barely tell what's going on. I hope there's a setting to reduce the motion blur and stuff but I doubt it.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:58 am

The S wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote:
When theories are "proven" they "upgrade" to laws or principles, though. Regardless of how it's used, "proven theory" sounds like an oxymoron.
No. Theories do not become laws. Take it from someone who has actually conducted research, scientists are sick of hearing that misconception spread. Scientific theories are not "just theories." They are the best available explanations available based on mountains of evidence. Your definition of theory is closer to what scientists call hypotheses.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:31 am

The entire game looks like a fan project made by an idie developer on the unreal engine using J-stars assets. It doesn't look good, and doesn't seem to play well either.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:08 pm

Ffff I wish they'd add a characters section to the website. I thought they'd do it after Gamescom but it's still just the frontpage and the movies page.

I'm so impatient.

ZeroNeonix wrote:
The S wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote:
No. Theories do not become laws. Take it from someone who has actually conducted research, scientists are sick of hearing that misconception spread. Scientific theories are not "just theories." They are the best available explanations available based on mountains of evidence. Your definition of theory is closer to what scientists call hypotheses.
Completely off-topic, but no, I am not using it in the manner of hypothesis, and yes, theories, do become laws. I never said theories are "just theories" and you're putting words in my mouth.

A theory is still not an absolute. We have evidence but not "proof". When they become absolutes they become laws or principles. It's a level-up system, sort of. That's super simplified, but it's close to how it works.

God I'm tired of this Dunning-Kruger shit all over the internet. Ya'll are just as dumb as me, don't pretend you're not.

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:04 am

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:44 am

A waste of character if I ever saw one.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:19 am

sintzu wrote:
What the heck? Yugi is a classic, everyone was disappointed over him not being in J-Stars.
Seriously. I wonder what is Sabo to you then?

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:16 am

sintzu wrote:
Imagine thinking a character from a popular franchise is a waste of a slot in a game designed to include characters from popular franchises.

Yugi is a great addition, much better than another One Piece character.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:40 am

I'd have to agree. While I like One Piece (and Dragon Ball, Naruto, Bleach, basically all of the other series confirmed in the game so far) more than I do Yu-Gi-Oh! - though I do like Yu-Gi-Oh! well enough - I'm happy to see more franchises overall represented rather than yet another character from a series already in there. And the lead of a popular series like Yu-Gi-Oh! is certainly more deserving of inclusion than like how we had Ace in J-Stars or how we have Sabo in this one.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:24 pm

sintzu wrote:
Eh, not as wasteful as Vegeta.

Now, where's Seto Kaiba!?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:49 pm

Kanassa wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Eh, not as wasteful as Vegeta.
That's prince Vegeta to you. :evil:

I'm a Yu-Gi-Oh fan as well but I think there are more characters that should be prioritized such as from DB, Naruto, Hunter X Hunter, etc. Characters who actually fight should be the priority.