Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:20 pm

[spoiler]So, Gogeta has been confirmed to be in the new movie. For more information: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMht1vNLego I think its great for the Non-Canon Creations To be getting the Canon treatment. I´d be great if they did this with characters like Baby or The Shadow Dragons from Gt. Or even Mira and Towa (Although they are pretty unlikely) Thoughts?[/spoiler]

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:26 pm

ricky84 wrote:
Pure BS lol

1. Feats speak for themselves. SDBH (all versions) clearly show how strong a Post-ToP would be, scaling off of Cumber (who's >> Jiren in just base).

2. The potara multiplier was never retconned (none of the multipliers were). You just don't wanna admit MUI could be topped by a character using a weaker form.

3. "Jiren was clearly stated to be a being that absolutely cannot lose, no matter what", yet he clearly lost, badly lol. You're making the same fallacy that Saitama fanboys do. MUI Goku completely dominated him.

"Even though he did, the point they were trying to make is that Jiren was special.", nearly every single main antagonist in DB were described as that (especially Freeza), yet they all got beaten and surpassed. Jiren is no different.
How do you know the multiplier of Ultra Instinct?

Jiren was not dominated and he overpowered Goku twice before the end.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:37 pm

Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:[spoiler]So, Gogeta has been confirmed to be in the new movie. For more information: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMht1vNLego I think its great for the Non-Canon Creations To be getting the Canon treatment. I´d be great if they did this with characters like Baby or The Shadow Dragons from Gt. Or even Mira and Towa (Although they are pretty unlikely) Thoughts?[/spoiler]
Everything points to Gogeta being in but we've yet to get a real confirmation as of now. A new Gogeta figure is supposed to be shown on October 5th so we might finally get the announcement then. In terms of other non-canon elements being canonized, I think they need to put the breaks on that for now and focus on new content because if they keep this up sooner or later people are going to realize they're just getting more of the same which will hurt the franchise.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:46 pm

sintzu wrote:
Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:[spoiler]So, Gogeta has been confirmed to be in the new movie. For more information: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMht1vNLego I think its great for the Non-Canon Creations To be getting the Canon treatment. I´d be great if they did this with characters like Baby or The Shadow Dragons from Gt. Or even Mira and Towa (Although they are pretty unlikely) Thoughts?[/spoiler]
Everything points to Gogeta being in but we've yet to get a real confirmation as of now. A new Gogeta figure is supposed to be shown on October 5th so we might finally get the announcement then. In terms of other non-canon elements being canonized, I think they need to put the breaks on that for now and focus on new content because if they keep this up sooner or later people are going to realize they're just getting more of the same which will hurt the franchise.
I agree on holding out a bit. Just for them to make sure they keep it as an option. I´d love to see a planet sadala arc and have goku and vegeta bring goten and trunks to meet the new saiyans.

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:56 pm

Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:
sintzu wrote:
I agree on holding out a bit. Just for them to make sure they keep it as an option. I´d love to see a planet sadala arc and have goku and vegeta bring goten and trunks to meet the new saiyans.
I don't think a Sadala arc should be right after another saiyan focused arc i.e Broly, also Goten and Trunks are obnoxious, the less we see of them the better

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:04 pm

CTAkuma wrote:
Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:
sintzu wrote:
I don't think a Sadala arc should be right after another saiyan focused arc i.e Broly, also Goten and Trunks are obnoxious, the less we see of them the better
I never said it should come right after the movie, I just said it would be nice to see it. Also Pretending like annoying characters don´t exist doesn't make them less annoying. Its called character development.

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:17 pm

Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:I never said it should come right after the movie, I just said it would be nice to see it.
On the topic of Sadala, you can't really do much with it without an underlying villain or looming threat. Vegeta meeting the King is anything but interesting or new
Also Pretending like annoying characters don´t exist doesn't make them less annoying. Its called character development.
I don't pretend they don't exist, i just rather not focus screentime on gag characters who accomplished nothing and just kill any atmosphere the scenes have. Remember Ribrianne's "Character development"? Or the Pilaf gang's important character development?

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:22 pm

CTAkuma wrote:
Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:I never said it should come right after the movie, I just said it would be nice to see it.
On the topic of Sadala, you can't really do much with it without an underlying villain or looming threat. Vegeta meeting the King is anything but interesting or new
Also Pretending like annoying characters don´t exist doesn't make them less annoying. Its called character development.
I don't pretend they don't exist, i just rather not focus screentime on gag characters who accomplished nothing and just kill any atmosphere the scenes have. Remember Ribrianne's "Character development"? Or why shouldn't we focus more attention on the Pilaf gang?
Ribrianne isn't the son of the main characters, is she? Having important characters removed from the plot just cause they are used for gags isn't a good enough reason. You do know that regardless of what people say, this is a kids show, right?

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:37 pm

Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:Ribrianne isn't the son of the main characters, is she? Having important characters removed from the plot just cause they are used for gags isn't a good enough reason. You do know that regardless of what people say, this is a kids show, right?
Problem is Goten and Trunks aren't important characters, neither are they particularly powerful nor are they interesting. Gohan is how you do a child character right and guess what he didn't get anything new after the Buu arc just like Goten and Trunks.

Again they are a gag characters, not ones who should have an entire arc rest with them

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:30 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
AlexFili wrote:Fingers crossed for a Raditz/Nappa cameo
I also would not be against a Turles cameo
Get a cameo from every movie and special villain
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:47 pm

Does anyone think we might get to see Vegeta's mother in the film, along with Bardock, Gine and King Vegeta?
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:51 pm

Since Gogeta is more likely than not to be in this movie, I guess now would be a good time to remind people that he’s most likely not going to accomplish much of anything. At best, he’ll probably hold his own for a while before defusing, which would mean that his appearance wouldn’t really amount to anything beyond fan service.

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:44 pm

Don't really know if this is worth posting since it was obviously going to happen, but DBS: Broly is indeed coming to Australia in January. It was announced at MadFest here in Melbourne. Madman will probably post the Australian trailer on their YouTube channel soon.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:49 pm

Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:Or even Mira and Towa (Although they are pretty unlikely) Thoughts?
If there was a canon, they would be already, as they come from Dragon Ball Online.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:16 am

Just because Gogeta is confirmed to be in this movie, doesn’t mean that MUI Goku won’t be in it. They could easily both appear in this film.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:45 am

Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:
I would love for Chronoa, Mira, and Towa to become canon. Only thing is having them involved would likely require time travel shenanigans, and I don't want Heroes-levels of weirdness becoming canon.

Post by #17 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:30 am

Now people jump into the... Make game/movie character canon because Broly and Gogeta are becoming so.

While I would like to see some becoming canon as well the chances are extremely slim... Gogeta and Broly are far far more popular than any other movie or game character... So no suprise here.

On Gogeta... Really want to see what forms they will use for him... So many possibilities. But I bet they will let him be just SSB and maybe SSG cuz I do not think they will go over the top with MUI Gogeta or use SSBE... For the latter one I think they will completely forget it in the long run. For me still a useless transformation

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:17 am

I just watched the My Hero Academia: Two Heroes movie at Madfest. There were over 1,000 people in the theatre. Before the movie started, they showed the trailer for DBS: Broly outta nowhere and it damn near gave me a heart attack. :lol: Was not expecting to see the trailer on a huge screen like that with so many people. Shame that the MHA movie was disappointing.

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:53 am

ZeroNeonix wrote:
Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:
I would love for Chronoa, Mira, and Towa to become canon. Only thing is having them involved would likely require time travel shenanigans, and I don't want Heroes-levels of weirdness becoming canon.
Xenoverse/Heroes should of had its own anime awhile ago. I remember reading the numerous DB Heroes mangas by Toyotaro that featured Chronoa, Mira, and Towa as well as the playable Avatars like Beat & Note as the main characters. They were actually kind of fun.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:08 am

WittyUsername wrote:Since Gogeta is more likely than not to be in this movie, I guess now would be a good time to remind people that he’s most likely not going to accomplish much of anything. At best, he’ll probably hold his own for a while before defusing, which would mean that his appearance wouldn’t really amount to anything beyond fan service.
Just because thats what happened with vegito doesn't mean it will happen here too. Its entirely possibly that gogeta molly whops broly and thats how he´s defeated, or that he greatly weakens him before defusing and mui goku comes and finishes the job.