"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kataphrut » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:25 pm

With this game's greater focus on mechanics and character variance compared to your typical DBZ game, it's interesting to look at characters that are normally mainstays that got left out. Like, the fact that Raditz is normally such a staple of these games that the nickname for most DBZ game stories is "Raditz to Buu". Now, we're almost into the second season of DLC, we've got Nappa and Base Vegeta representing the Saiyan saga but Raditz himself is still nowhere to be found. Perhaps it's because at the end of the day, he works well as a tutorial boss, but doesn't have enough going for him in a game where everyone is supposed to standout. Same goes for Super Buu, who had all his unique stuff either given to Kid Buu or shifted onto the OC. When you're trying to represent the franchise while also being economical with the cast to make sure everybody stands out, it's interesting to see who gets the cut.

Either that or someone on the team has it in for Justin Cook and didn't want him getting a payday.
Last edited by Kataphrut on Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:34 pm

Gogeta is always big among fans but what with the "notion of a possible Gogeta appearance" in the Broly movie his causal fans have popped out of the wood work. But how do folks not know who Towa is? She is in XV1 and XV2 people!
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:21 am

Pokesamus217 wrote:
The S wrote:Drat, my #1 didn't make any of that infographic.
Who’s that?
Ha ha, maybe I should have included that. I want Kaiōshin most.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

emi_b7
Beyond Newbie

Post by emi_b7 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:43 am

The S wrote:
Pokesamus217 wrote:
The S wrote:Drat, my #1 didn't make any of that infographic.
Who’s that?
I really like Kaioshin but what would he even do? I don't think he has done enough to make a complete moveset for him.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:50 am

GTx10 wrote:Gogeta is always big among fans but what with the "notion of a possible Gogeta appearance" in the Broly movie his causal fans have popped out of the wood work. But how do folks not know who Towa is? She is in XV1 and XV2 people!
Xenoverse isn't everyones cup o tea. And some DB fans don't even play video games

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:55 am

mute_proxy wrote:
GTx10 wrote:Gogeta is always big among fans but what with the "notion of a possible Gogeta appearance" in the Broly movie his causal fans have popped out of the wood work. But how do folks not know who Towa is? She is in XV1 and XV2 people!
Xenoverse isn't everyones cup o tea. And some DB fans don't even play video games
Mira and Towa arent exclusive to those games either.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:08 pm

If the ratings on the PS Store are anything to go by then the Base Goku and Vegeta DLC didn't sell very well at all. That should come to no surprise probably, people didn't seem too happy with it at all.

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyanZero » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:10 pm

Bullza wrote:If the ratings on the PS Store are anything to go by then the Base Goku and Vegeta DLC didn't sell very well at all. That should come to no surprise probably, people didn't seem too happy with it at all.
I can assure you that those who bought the base characters are enjoying them without any complaints. Go back to your xenoverse/tenkaichi cave.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:22 pm

Damn, is Cooler supposed to come out soon? Tired of waiting for that boi.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:07 pm

Logania wrote:Damn, is Cooler supposed to come out soon? Tired of waiting for that boi.
Coola's coming at the end of this month.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:09 pm

supersaiyanZero wrote:I can assure you that those who bought the base characters are enjoying them without any complaints. Go back to your xenoverse/tenkaichi cave.
All of this was irrelevant. There was no mention of Xenoverse or Tenkaichi or on how much the players are liking the characters. Just that the sales are apparently low for the characters because as was expected there was no real interest in them because they are just another version of the same character that was already in the game to begin with.
Last edited by Bullza on Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:25 pm

I'm probably gonna get Base Goku, Fused Zamasu, and Vegetto from the paid dlc, but not until after I've played the game a while first.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:13 am

I stopped getting worked up about what characters should or shouldn't be DLC around the time Base Goku became my favourite character in the game. This DLC season has delivered a pretty solid lineup despite most of them looking like anti-hype picks at a glance. Only bad one of the bunch is Bardock, who I'm sick to death of seeing everywhere. I'm even excited for Cooler, who I thought I'd be meh on.

Speaking of, is it me or is the wait for 17's announcement feeling way longer than any of the other DLC characters? I mean I know we got Cooler's announcement early because of EVO, but still you'd think there'd be something out by now.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:34 am

Kataphrut wrote:I stopped getting worked up about what characters should or shouldn't be DLC around the time Base Goku became my favourite character in the game. This DLC season has delivered a pretty solid lineup despite most of them looking like anti-hype picks at a glance. Only bad one of the bunch is Bardock, who I'm sick to death of seeing everywhere. I'm even excited for Cooler, who I thought I'd be meh on.

Speaking of, is it me or is the wait for 17's announcement feeling way longer than any of the other DLC characters? I mean I know we got Cooler's announcement early because of EVO, but still you'd think there'd be something out by now.
I get the reason why ArcSys and Bamco are prolonging 17's announcement. They announced Cooler at EVO because it was EVO, but they did not want to show their full hand by announcing 17 with him. By perhaps let the audience have the idea that "maybe it isn't 17," interest is generated and more people will pay attention (not that there weren't going to buy the last character, anyway).

In short,
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:36 am

Maybe they'll announce 17 at the Tokyo Game Show? That's coming up really soon.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:18 pm

emi_b7 wrote:
The S wrote:
Pokesamus217 wrote: Who’s that?
I really like Kaioshin but what would he even do? I don't think he has done enough to make a complete moveset for him.
They would really have to come up with new stuff for him, but at least they are in a far better situation with him then with the likes of Gogeta who had like 2 mins> of a fight scene. He can shoot ki, teleport and throw katchin blocks as we seen, but technically he can also create planets, and probably any material in existence. Even fancy clothes.
I'm sure they could work out something, if they would want him in.
Bullza wrote:
supersaiyanZero wrote:I can assure you that those who bought the base characters are enjoying them without any complaints. Go back to your xenoverse/tenkaichi cave.
All of this was irrelevant. There was no mention of Xenoverse or Tenkaichi or on how much the players are liking the characters. Just that the sales are apparently low for the characters because as was expected there was no real interest in them because they are just another version of the same character that was already in the game to begin with.
You were saying that the ratings were low, not the sales.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:00 pm

KayDash wrote:You were saying that the ratings were low, not the sales.
Not the score, the number of them. There's a fraction when compared to the amount of ratings for the other DLC characters.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:08 am

Bullza wrote:
KayDash wrote:You were saying that the ratings were low, not the sales.
Not the score, the number of them. There's a fraction when compared to the amount of ratings for the other DLC characters.
I have met a lot of Gokus and Vegetas in online matches tough... but yeah, they are probably not that popular as SSJB Vegetto, Brolli and Bardock, as these are in every team I play against.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:23 pm

supersaiyanZero wrote:
Bullza wrote:If the ratings on the PS Store are anything to go by then the Base Goku and Vegeta DLC didn't sell very well at all. That should come to no surprise probably, people didn't seem too happy with it at all.
I can assure you that those who bought the base characters are enjoying them without any complaints. Go back to your xenoverse/tenkaichi cave.
You can't assure anything like that.
If anything by what I'm seeing when playing online is that some people tried them first out of curiosity and now barely anyone uses them, which is the opposite of the other 4 DLC characters that came before them.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:03 am

17 confirmed in V-Jump (and apparently the ToP stage):

(Google translation)

Android No. 17 delivery at the end of September 500 yen
The ultimate deathblow
"Barrier explosion" rush through the barriers throughout the body. It is possible even in the air
Continuous attack around the "end game" opponent
Meteoro
"Ultra-Voltage Explosive Cut" Swiftly turning on energy created for both hands, even in the air

Large free update at the end of September
The new stage "Space Stadium" is delivered on PS4 / XBONE. Switch version will be available at a later date

Season Hui Hui capsule Z of lobby character and stamp dressed in Halloween style delivered until the end of November

Distributed with figures and techniques based on super-17, which became a popular person in a super break
It seems to be expected for serifs.
Will it be prepared for the 18th line according to that?