"Jump Force" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Re: "Jump Force" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:49 pm

What kind of moves will Yugi have? I'm not sure how he as a fighting character makes sense. Is it like Pokemon Trainer from Smash Bros, where he's standing in the background, switching between multiple monsters like the Dark Magician and Kuriboh? Or is he actually fighting himself?

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:17 pm

The game is pretty much guaranteed to be garbage but the visuals is probably the most interesting part about it. Mixing the anime and real world locations together makes it different.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:35 pm

Bullza wrote:The game is pretty much guaranteed to be garbage.
I think you're just expecting too much from it. It's a simple game with a simple goal. allow players to play as and beat up their favorite anime characters. It's not going to be breaking any records or winning awards but it'll be really fun.
ZeroNeonix wrote:What kind of moves will Yugi have? I'm not sure how he as a fighting character makes sense. Is it like Pokemon Trainer from Smash Bros, where he's standing in the background, switching between multiple monsters like the Dark Magician and Kuriboh? Or is he actually fighting himself?
This is why I think he's a waste, not because I don't like him or his show but because he's not a fighter. I guess they could have him take the form of one of his monsters.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:35 pm

That's what Jump Victory Vs was meant to be though and that was garbage too.

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:53 pm

sintzu wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
sintzu wrote:
A waste of character if I ever saw one.
Eh, not as wasteful as Vegeta.
That's prince Vegeta to you. :evil:

I'm a Yu-Gi-Oh fan as well but I think there are more characters that should be prioritized such as from DB, Naruto, Hunter X Hunter, etc. Characters who actually fight should be the priority.
No, characters who bring in franchise diversity should be the priority. Hell, give me Tsubasa Ozora while you're at it.

In the NDS games Yugi summoned monsters to fight, it'll most likely be the same here.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:04 pm

SSGSS also confirmed looks like:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Of course they won't leave out modern DB's mascot form!

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:09 pm

I'm expecting JoJo characters to be announced anytime soon, Jotaro Kujo would be the most likely option.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:20 pm

YonedgeHP wrote:I'm expecting JoJo characters to be announced anytime soon, Jotaro Kujo would be the most likely option.
Yea... if they stick to Stardust Crusaders

Jotaro + DIO + maybe Kakyoin would be the trio

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:37 pm

I'm expecting Deku & All Might (My Hero Acadmeia), Yusuke, Hiei & Sensui (Yu Yu Hakusho), Pegasus Seiya and Hades (Saint Seiya), Jotaro & Dio (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure) and Madara (Naruto) to appear in this game.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:06 am

I have a gut feeling that Jojo will have at most 4 characters (Jonathan, Joseph, Jotaro, DIO). Like think of it, why cut characters you already have the assets to?

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:44 am

Jotaro is likely, but I'd prefer Dio over him since he's more fun

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:23 am

Me I want Dark Schneider PERIOD !
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:49 pm

Jump Force will be out in February. That's earlier than I would've liked as I think June or July would've been better as they're not crowded with games and it'll give them time to add in more characters.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:57 pm

This is Spike we're talking about. They love to reuse assets from past games, so I'm sure a good chunk of J-Stars' roster will return for Jump Force. The real question is what new series will make the cut (like Yu-Gi-Oh) or be relegated to NPC's (like Death Note).

TGS is this weekend, so I'm sure we'll get at least 4 more character reveals.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:45 am

Well, we got two more already seems like. Killua and Kurapika from Hunter x Hunter. You can also spot the create-a-character in the corner, hopefully we'll get a trailer detailing more on that feature soon.

AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:41 am

According to YonkouProd twitter there will be a cosmic cube involved in Jump Force story line.

He said
Killua and Kurapika will appear in Jump Force. A mystery power known as the “Cosmic Cube” has been revealed, though it’s exact function is unknown. Killua will be able to use his electric aura and Kurapika his chains. Also showcases the CAC in a screenshot.
So Cosmic makes me think that Saint Seiya will be a given and Cube makes me think that World Trigger will be in.
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:13 am

Why have they shown nothing of My Hero Academia? That's a pretty popular one so you'd think that's gotta be in there.

On the other back when the last game was released, Toriko was one of the three main characters of the game but considering that series swiftly died then he may not even be in this one at all.

emi_b7
Beyond Newbie

Post by emi_b7 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:49 am

I like Kurapika with the suit from the current arc but he looks kinda bad. Or is it just me?
Bullza wrote:Why have they shown nothing of My Hero Academia? That's a pretty popular one so you'd think that's gotta be in there.
Maybe they don't want to take attention away from the MHA game that was released a month ago in Japan? I'm sure there will be some characters from that series (Deku, All Might and Bakugo at the very least).
I want Saint Seiya, Rurouni Kenshin, Yu Yu Hakusho and Jojo characters. Arale too.

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:59 am

Yonkou Productions hinted at Joseph Joestar

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:27 am

emi_b7 wrote:I want Saint Seiya, Rurouni Kenshin, Yu Yu Hakusho and Jojo characters. Arale too.
I'm pretty sure the last game had all of those already, Saint Pegasus, Kenshin, Yusuke, Hiring, Stale and probably someone from JoJo was in it.

I'd at least like there to be some newer ones in this one, though My Hero Academia and Black Clover are the only newer Shonen anime I know that's become popular since the last one.