Was Yamoshi killed by a demon?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Oniman
Banned

Was Yamoshi killed by a demon?

Post by Oniman » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:23 am

It seems like Yamoshi's soul may not went to Other World seeing how it was restless and didn't appect death because other people have sense him. I remember if you are killed by a demon in Dragon Ball that you went having a restless soul and could not enter Other World. So maybe a demon may have killed Yamoshi many years ago. Maybe Babidi and Dabura came to to Planet Sadala to awaken Majin Buu.
Oh here's to my sweet Satan. The one's who little path would make me sad. Whose power is Satan. He'll give those with him 666.

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Was Yamoshi killed by a demon?

Post by Ssjcell » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:15 pm

Oniman wrote:It seems like Yamoshi's soul may not went to Other World seeing how it was restless and didn't appect death because other people have sense him. I remember if you are killed by a demon in Dragon Ball that you went having a restless soul and could not enter Other World. So maybe a demon may have killed Yamoshi many years ago. Maybe Babidi and Dabura came to to Planet Sadala to awaken Majin Buu.
It's interesting that he was never with any of the kais in other world . I wouldnt rule out getting killed by a demon, however I would probably point out that most of the other world stuff is filler. I would say that babidi and dabura didn't go to his planet because it was probably (definitely) babidi's first time getting Buu out of the ball on earth judging by his reaction and the context in which he spoke. It's possible yamoshi is in other world somewhere retired having become a complete pacifist like Gohan when he doesn't train considering yamoshi has nothing to train for.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:42 pm

I don't think Dabra killed Yamoshi. He didn't know what an SSj was until the Buu saga and I would imagine he would have commented on Gohan's power being similar if he did kill Yamoshi many years ago.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:58 pm

Here's a crazy idea!

What if Yamoshi was actually somehow the good half of a Saiyan, and the evil half was a demon Saiyan that killed him among the other evil Saiyans?

Crazy, I know, given that we have no indication that Saiyans can split themselves into good and evil halves like Namekians, but it's at least an interesting idea in my opinion.

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:19 pm

Crazy, I know, given that we have no indication that Saiyans can split themselves into good and evil halves like Namekians, but it's at least an interesting idea in my opinion.
It doesn't seem like what happened with Kami and Piccolo Daimao was specifically a Namekian ability, considering that when Kami expelled all of the evil parts of him he didn't even know that it was going to solidify into a separate being afterward -- it wasn't an intentional "split," it was just Kami casting off the evil parts of him in order to be worthy of his position.

So if some Saiyan a looooong time ago just happened to figure out whatever mystical technique is used to identify one's own evil aspects and cast them out, it's entirely possible that you'd end up with a "demon Saiyan" just like how Piccolo was a "demon Namekian."

Or maybe there wasn't any split, there was just a Saiyan so evil that they naturally gained demonic/Mazoku attributes. Garlic Jr., his minions, and Slug's minions are also described as Mazoku, after all, so it's not just Piccolo and his offspring who fall into that category.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:58 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:Here's a crazy idea!

What if Yamoshi was actually somehow the good half of a Saiyan, and the evil half was a demon Saiyan that killed him among the other evil Saiyans?

But, wouldn't the "demon Saiyan" die with him since their life forces are connected?
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:14 am

ShadowBardock89 wrote:
PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:Here's a crazy idea!

But, wouldn't the "demon Saiyan" die with him since their life forces are connected?
Universe 7 Saiyans seem crazy enough to try to do that anyways :P

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:44 pm

Pantalones wrote:
It doesn't seem like what happened with Kami and Piccolo Daimao was specifically a Namekian ability, considering that when Kami expelled all of the evil parts of him he didn't even know that it was going to solidify into a separate being afterward -- it wasn't an intentional "split," it was just Kami casting off the evil parts of him in order to be worthy of his position.

So if some Saiyan a looooong time ago just happened to figure out whatever mystical technique is used to identify one's own evil aspects and cast them out, it's entirely possible that you'd end up with a "demon Saiyan" just like how Piccolo was a "demon Namekian."

Or maybe there wasn't any split, there was just a Saiyan so evil that they naturally gained demonic/Mazoku attributes. Garlic Jr., his minions, and Slug's minions are also described as Mazoku, after all, so it's not just Piccolo and his offspring who fall into that category.
Do you think The Saiyan In Red from Dragon Ball Legends or Kanba from Super Dragon Ball Heroes may have been the one responsible for having put down Yamoshi and his comrades?

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:59 pm

Despite being a Saiyan with a righteous heart, Yamoshi probably didn't keep his body after he died, because he killed and destroyed despite being a noble man. Also, as a Super Saiyan he spread terror and destruction. Anyway, it should be noted that when h his soul remained somewhat alive and he wandered arounfd the Universe looking for the next Super Saiyan God. He appeared in Beerus' vision and was present at the transformation of Goku into a SSJG. I think that he entered Goku's body and remained there. Now as to who killed him, I think that it was Cumber. Ask me if you want to know why, although it is pretty clear.
P O W E R