Captain Ginyu´s First form

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Captain Ginyu´s First form

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:17 am

Was the body we see in the Namek arc Ginyu´s original form. I think most definitely not

Big Boss
Regular

Re: Captain Ginyu´s First form

Post by Big Boss » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:50 am

Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:Was the body we see in the Namek arc Ginyu´s original form. I think most definitely not
Even though it is never stated, I think it's safe to assume that it's not his original body. It make zero sense to think that Ginyu had never used his body swap ability before using it on Goku, given how abusable it seems to be on unsuspecting targets. Jeice's reaction also seemed to suggest that he had seen it before; if he HADN'T you would at least expect something along the lines of "Oh! So THAT'S what our famed Captain's body swap ability looks like!". He seemed quite nonchalant about the whole thing.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:27 am

It could've been his real body, but he may have learned the body swap technique sometime later in his life, and had experimented with it enough to learn how to swap bodies in the event that he ever met someone stronger than him. I don't think I ever recall anyone stating that Ginyu belongs to a species of body-swapping humanoids or that his ability was inherently unique just to him so the technique, like many others, possibly needed to be learned through training.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:45 am

Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:Was the body we see in the Namek arc Ginyu´s original form. I think most definitely not
Its not. What his original body looked like is unknown, but what is known is Ginyu has swapped bodies before.
How many times is also unknown.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:18 am

Wasn't it said in some of the supplementary material that Salza/Sauza/however-you-want-to-spell-his-name from the Cooler movie is one of the few people who's seen Ginyu's original body, and that they'd competed against each other for positions of power in the past?

Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mnich » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:38 am

Big Boss wrote:
Even though it is never stated, I think it's safe to assume that it's not his original body. It make zero sense to think that Ginyu had never used his body swap ability before using it on Goku, given how abusable it seems to be on unsuspecting targets. Jeice's reaction also seemed to suggest that he had seen it before; if he HADN'T you would at least expect something along the lines of "Oh! So THAT'S what our famed Captain's body swap ability looks like!". He seemed quite nonchalant about the whole thing.
It's funny that you ask about it on the same day as Toyotaro has draw a concept for this scene. Well it's not a Toriyama but his successor's work is also worth something. Oh and there's Jeice in his sketch.

'It’s Captain Ginyu! Apparently he ended up in his current form after changing bodies a bunch of times, so it’s fun to imagine what he might have originally looked like.'
Pantalones wrote:Wasn't it said in some of the supplementary material that Salza/Sauza/however-you-want-to-spell-his-name from the Cooler movie is one of the few people who's seen Ginyu's original body, and that they'd competed against each other for positions of power in the past?
I remember that their rivalry for positions was stated in Dokkan Battle's story missions, but I don't remember anything about the body thing.