"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by CTAkuma » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:18 pm

Ranmaru Rei wrote:Scans:
Apparently he is supposed to be a fast character who can chain multiple specials and has 3 supers. All you need now is a low 2L and he is top tier

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:29 pm

supersaiyanZero wrote:Is there anything positive about this game in your eyes? If not, what's the reason for you constantly shitposting in here?
What are you talking about? I've said it was the best Dragon Ball game they've ever made multiple times. The "shitposting" was mostly in regard to the boring DLC choices of Base Goku and Vegeta which many people agreed with anyway.

The DLC choices have been poor as a whole but the game itself is just fine. Why do you only seem to come out of the wood work whenever I say something about it? You're like a spider.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:54 am

Calm down boys. What would you suggest as a better 8 character 1st DLC season then? I think they did pretty well, a good mix of old and new.

Yeah Base Goku and Vegeta was an odd choice, but they play so differently and encompass so much of a loved part of the series I think it's fine.

I probably wouldn't have gone Ranger 17 and you could have argued Broly and Bardock could have been there from the start, but I think they've put on a fine showing with the roster choices.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:43 am

I’m stilled chuffed about the costumes. Didn’t guess Furry Goku and Vampire-Geta (seriously you have Yamcha and don’t give him the wolf?) but I should have picked Frankenstein’s 16, especially with Android 8 already as a colour reference.

I think the reason this season has felt so underwhelming is because apart from the inevitable ones like Bardock and Broly, everyone was one degree of separation from existing characters. Fusions, base forms and now brothers. It doesn’t make them bad choices (of the ones released up to now, I maintain Bardock has been the only bad one oh how I hate him I hate him so much) it just makes them underwhelming. Season 2 will probably start to see a few more out-there picks alongside the inevitable ToP representatives.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:28 am

nato25 wrote:Calm down boys. What would you suggest as a better 8 character 1st DLC season then? I think they did pretty well, a good mix of old and new.

Yeah Base Goku and Vegeta was an odd choice, but they play so differently and encompass so much of a loved part of the series I think it's fine.

I probably wouldn't have gone Ranger 17 and you could have argued Broly and Bardock could have been there from the start, but I think they've put on a fine showing with the roster choices.

Gotta agree, this season is great in hindsight but I was annoyed at 3 gokus and vegetas.

I'd love to see Raditz, but part of me wants Hatchiyak, who can summont he ghost warriors to assist him.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:29 am

Dang I'm kinda bummed. I was planning on buying FighterZ for the Switch so I can play it with my other friends online who only have a Switch, but now with Nintendo Online and the scummy practices in it, that ain't gonna happen. Gonna have to keep the console library I have to be offline games still it seems.

On the plus side, looks like #17 has a wall jump which is about time somebody has one in their arsenal, now I can get my Strider Hiryu tech on in my teams.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:42 pm

Am i the only one who is digging the new stage.
Mostly active on discord.

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:51 pm

The gr wrote:Am i the only one who is digging the new stage.
yea, the stage looks really nice. It's always cool that they make some new stuff for the game, same goes for the halloween avatars, even if i don't really care about that. I hope they'll add more stages in the future.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:53 am

I don't hate the fact that Base Goku and Vegeta made it in, but I still think there were much better choices they could have gone with considering the number of diverse characters in the series.

At least they should have left the base forms until further down the line after more unique characters made it in first. That way the roster wouldn't feel as diluted with Goku and Vegeta. Really it just felt a bit too soon. SSF4 AE for example only added Evil Ryu and Oni after 10 other characters had been added with SSF4.

At the end of the day if Japanese fans really did want them in that badly, if they increased the player base, and if they play differently from other versions (which they do), then it's not the end of the world. Plus base Goku's Kaioken looks sick.

DiamondX

Post by DiamondX » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:29 am

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:47 pm

The trailer was kind of underwhelming until the end with the 2 supers, those look potentially lethal.

If the 2 ki blasts are able to cancel super dashes, then that mixed with his full screen wall jumps would give him almost complete control of the air. That and his last combo looks like his attack super with the run is a rekka, which I hope so. I want more rekka characters in this.

I'll try him out and I hope he surprises me with how fun he is, but so far it looks like Cooler is the one between the two I'm going to put in my team.

#17's theme is pretty cool though.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:21 pm

Seems like his moves are indeed based on Z and early ToP stuff. (and some Xenoverse 2 too.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZsUc-yc43s
It's a bit of a shame that they left out most of his new techniques from ToP.
However, I did not realized that one his supers is the beatdown on Android 20. That's a pretty cool reference.

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:46 pm

Hope he has a good assist, Its rare that we have one of those for the DLC character. He seems like a point rushdown character though, may take him or Coola in my team

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:46 pm

17 and Cooler have such good character themes.

He looks fun, but it's so hard to judge anything by these trailers. After the Cooler reveal at EVO, I was hoping for something a bit more exciting. Although I don't see how you can do a theme trailer for these two like they were able to do with Vegetto/Zamasu and the base boys.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:59 pm

Ehhh he looks fun, but definitely not what I expected. :?
I'm disappointed they left out a lot of cool things he did in the last part of ToP, which makes me wonder when they finished his moveset.
I do like how original is his spinning level 3. Hoping his assist is not a barrier like C18.
If we ever get a sequel, I expect an update to his moveset.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:00 pm

I am Happy for Android 17 Fans that their Boy Finally gets his Due Respect in the Game besides being a help character! :thumbup:

The Design in spot on and looks cool, So far all major 17 Fans I hope you have fun play and he works out to your liking.

Also I am glad for 17's inclusions since this means FighterZ is finally getting more into the ToP characters and I keep hoping New ToP Characters like Ribrianne, Kale, Caulifla, Jiren and/or Toppo get a chance, really hope some of them or others make it! 8)
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:22 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:Ehhh he looks fun, but definitely not what I expected. :?
I'm disappointed they left out a lot of cool things he did in the last part of ToP, which makes me wonder when they finished his moveset.
From what we saw, it was probably not long after the 17 vs. Kakusa fight.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:49 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N5nMDHHGjo

Whoah they updated the Opening with all the DLC characters. I didn't see that coming. Cool move from them.
Now hopefully we have a season 2 for DLC. The game is incredibly successful, but it's still soon for a sequel.

Looking to how the character selection menu looks now, it's possible.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:58 pm

The new intro feels more complete, but the order and timing of characters with the music doesn't flow as well.

But it's cool they even changed it in the first place, little labor of love.