DragonBall Super in Greece

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

DragonBall Super in Greece

Post by TheRed259 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:03 pm

DragonBall Super is coming to Greece on Nickelodeon!
The two companies are also coming to this year’s BLE with new, key corporate developments that sees Toei’s Dragon Ball Super pick up new broadcasters in Eastern Europe, including Greece (Nickelodeon)
Source: https://www.licensing.biz/live/toei-ani ... next-month

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Re: DragonBall Super in Greece

Post by Danfun64 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:01 pm

I wonder what the chances are that the Super dub is going to be as crazy with dub sources as it was with Z (wasn't that one part Italy based, part France based, part Spain Spanish Based, and part Latino Spanish based or something?)
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:30 pm

Danfun64 wrote:I wonder what the chances are that the Super dub is going to be as crazy with dub sources as it was with Z (wasn't that one part Italy based, part France based, part Spain Spanish Based, and part Latino Spanish based or something?)
Original Japanese version for DragonBall, Mexican dub for DragonBall Z (Cell Saga), French dub for DragonBall Z (Buu Saga) and Italian dub for DragonBall GT, Movies and TV Specials.
[spoiler]Don't know about Saiyan & Freeza Saga.[/spoiler]
But this time I think that they will have only one source.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:35 pm

That's awesome! :D

I've got a feeling that all the cast will have new voice actors.

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:48 pm

I asked Yiannis Papaioannou (Greek voice of Vegeta in DBZ) if they contacted him for DragonBall Super. (I wasn't expecting much since the man is in his late 70s and doesn't work anymore as a VA)
[spoiler]He told me that a friend of his and an active Greek voice actor (I am not gonna say his name) called him and told him that they got a new series and asked him if he wanted to participate in the Greek dub. (Yiannis Papaioannou hasn’t done anything for years so it was a surprise for me to hear that)(why they called him now for a dub?)

I asked him if this has anything to do with DragonBall Super and he said that he didn’t ask his friend if this series had to do with his "favourite hero Vegeta". He was in Cyprus for vacations and he wasn’t interested in any dub so their conversation ended quickly.[/spoiler]

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:05 am

TheRed259 wrote:DragonBall Super is coming to Greece on Nickelodeon!
The two companies are also coming to this year’s BLE with new, key corporate developments that sees Toei’s Dragon Ball Super pick up new broadcasters in Eastern Europe, including Greece (Nickelodeon)
Source: https://www.licensing.biz/live/toei-ani ... next-month
Will the Greek dub still feature those hilarious robotic filters? :P
Danfun64 wrote:I wonder what the chances are that the Super dub is going to be as crazy with dub sources as it was with Z (wasn't that one part Italy based, part France based, part Spain Spanish Based, and part Latino Spanish based or something?)
Funny you should mention that, Spain to this day still remains as one but Catalunya does want to gain independence from Spain and hopefully they'll get it as Spain's govt is doing irreparable damage to their own country.

animegr

Post by animegr » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:13 pm

JohnnyCashKami wrote: Will the Greek dub still feature those hilarious robotic filters? :P
I don't think they are gonna use the robotic filters.

Waluigiman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Waluigiman » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:22 pm

They are easily going to reckognize Mosco's cyclops design, other than that I am curious to see how are the characters going to sound like.

Mazingerdestro
Regular

Post by Mazingerdestro » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:19 am

Very interesting.
The source doesnt mention dub or sub.
I will stay skeptic until something official is announced because from a business standpoint it sounds crazy

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:27 pm

Mazingerdestro wrote:Very interesting.
The source doesnt mention dub or sub.
I will stay skeptic until something official is announced because from a business standpoint it sounds crazy
It's gonna be a dub since Nickelodeon Greece dubs anything they air.

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:53 pm

Tian wrote:It's gonna be a dub since Nickelodeon Greece dubs anything they air.
Only live-action series (Drake & Josh, iCarly, Victorious etc.) are with Greek subs.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:45 pm

TheRed259 wrote:
Tian wrote:It's gonna be a dub since Nickelodeon Greece dubs anything they air.
Only live-action series (Drake & Josh, iCarly, Victorious etc.) are with Greek subs.
Oops, my bad :oops:

Thanks for the correction.

Zetto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zetto » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:49 am

Any information on when this dub is coming?
Possibly one of the biggest
Greek Dragon Ball Fans.

ドラゴンボール Ντράγκονμπολ

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:20 pm

Waluigiman wrote:They are easily going to reckognize Mosco's cyclops design, other than that I am curious to see how are the characters going to sound like.
I really doubt they are going with the old filter way, unless the new dubbing studio decides to make a homage to the old dub by putting filters to every alien or monster character.

animegr

Post by animegr » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:30 am

We don't have any news yet about DragonBall Super.The channel doesn't say anything about it.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:05 pm

It seems it's gonna premiere next year because it wasn't mentioned on Nickelodeon Greece's November highlights... Unless December gives us a surprise.
http://nickalive.blogspot.com/2018/10/n ... reece.html

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:10 pm

Holy crap! You just teleported me 23 years into the past …

Papaioannou? The guy me and my brother used to call Reed Richards because he was doing his voice in the Fantastic Four cartoon.

Truly the darkest ages of Greek Dubbing. Do you remember when we had two male voice actors do the voices for the ENTIRE male cast (except Kid Goku and Krillin)?

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:42 am

Nickolaidas wrote:Holy crap! You just teleported me 23 years into the past …

Papaioannou? The guy me and my brother used to call Reed Richards because he was doing his voice in the Fantastic Four cartoon.

Truly the darkest ages of Greek Dubbing. Do you remember when we had two male voice actors do the voices for the ENTIRE male cast (except Kid Goku and Krillin)?
For some reason the Greek dub of DBZ was done by 4 people unlike other dubs by the same studio (like Power Rangers) where they were using 5-6 voice actors. DB had 6 voice actors the most (up until the end of the Red Ribbon Army Saga), DBGT had 7 voice actors the most (in the last episodes) and some Movies had more than 10 but in DBZ they never hired more than 4 actors.

For the most part it was 2 men and 2 women (with the exception of the 1st half of the Buu Saga and a few episodes of the Freeza and Garlic Jr. Saga here and there where they had 3 men and 1 woman). The men were voicing almost everyone. The women had less roles. In the Cell Saga the women had like 2 roles or something while in the last episodes of the Buu arc one of them was doing Kibito Kai and Bee's bark and the other one only Dende. And the male VAs were voicing almost everyone else. I mean, they could have hired 1 more male VA to help them even if that means having only 1 woman in the cast.

And Yiannis Papaioannou is really an awesome VA in my opinion. I have met him in the past and I have an autograph from him. Recently, someone made a video about him. In the description you can find various series he participated in. Too bad that he won't be (as it seems) in DB Super.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:56 am

TheRed259 wrote: And Yiannis Papaioannou is really an awesome VA in my opinion. I have met him in the past and I have an autograph from him. Recently, someone made a video about him. In the description you can find various series he participated in. Too bad that he won't be (as it seems) in DB Super.
He's really amazing :D

Too bad he's retired from dubbing, I would have loved to hear him as Vegeta in Super.

He's one of those few VAs in the world who doesn't need a stupid echo or filter to make his screams sound powerful because they already sound like that.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:37 pm

Eh, wasn't crazy about him - but he did get the job done. And I guess he did a better job with Tien than the one who also did Yamcha's and Roshi's voice (we would call that one 'the Pink Panther').

I didn't like the woman who did Bulma's voice though. And I liked her even less when she inherited Krillin's voice (whose original voice by Merkouri - I think it was Merkouri - was far better). And then she did Frieza. THE CRIIIIINGE!!!