"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bullza
Banned

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Bullza » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:34 pm

Well the anime, manga and the game openings are just different versions of the same story aren't they? I'd suppose the game would be as well.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:15 pm

S3 Hendrix wrote:
The context is he’s about to fight SSJGod Goku, the wording really implies that Goku: xeno has gone through the god ritual before, and he also knows beerus and Whis.

But this is in UMX and the 3ds game continuities are their own thing outside of the arcade game and it’s literally impossible for them to fit together
Really? That just makes things even more confusing.

He's saying "the me who borrowed everyone's power that one time and the me now who trained by himself" as if the two events are mutually exclusive to him. That would mean UMX Xeno Goku lost his SSG powers and actually never retained them. Like "here's the me with the power of a SSG and here's me with the power of training by myself."

Whether it be the film, anime, or manga BoG, whether it be the "Saiyan Beyond God" or actual transformation itself, Goku has always retained his SSG powers in one way or another.

Also, I've never, ever heard a Japanese native person use 自力 (through one's self) in the first person or even in a sentence, that's very odd. I'd expect 自分 to be used instead.

Is there a link to the translation or raw text of the rest of the dialogue involved (YouTube, blog, etc)? Not doubting you completely but I'm not convinced with one simple line phrased in a way that could refer to two different versions of himself that this Xeno Goku even has (or has experienced) the power of SSG.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:43 pm

The fact that they are making a new model for Goku is neat, even if it's only for cards that use the new artstyle.
I hope other characters get new models too.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:49 pm

Bullza wrote:Well the anime, manga and the game openings are just different versions of the same story aren't they? I'd suppose the game would be as well.
That would be what defines them as separate continuities. They can't be mixed and matched while still being a cohesive narrative.
ArchedThunder wrote:The fact that they are making a new model for Goku is neat, even if it's only for cards that use the new artstyle.
I do like the model more than the tired old Budokai one we've seen for over a decade. But representing art style among the models actually bugs me a bit. Goku is still just Goku. There's no reason to abolish the consistency for his design in the game just because we're after the ToP now. Oh well.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:05 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote: I do like the model more than the tired old Budokai one we've seen for over a decade. But representing art style among the models actually bugs me a bit. Goku is still just Goku. There's no reason to abolish the consistency for his design in the game just because we're after the ToP now. Oh well.
I'm cool with it as long as we get more and more models in the new style, even eventually characters that haven't shown up in the style.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:24 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:The fact that they are making a new model for Goku is neat, even if it's only for cards that use the new artstyle.
Omg, the new Goku looks actually pretty good!
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:15 pm

Grimlock wrote:It may not seem like it, but doing that "can someone translate all these dialogues please?" providing hyperlink for each word and each one leading to the exact moment the dialogue starts is time consuming. :lol: So there is that too. If just doing that is kinda exhausting, translating lots of dialogues must be too. I'll spare you. :)
Yeah, sometimes it's overwhelming but it's fine. I do it because I want to, after all. Also, I never search for the videos so it's really handy having them here.

I imagine it's a lot of work! You could just post one link per video, I tend to watch them all, anyway.
Rakurai wrote:Is there a link to the translation or raw text of the rest of the dialogue involved (YouTube, blog, etc)? Not doubting you completely but I'm not convinced with one simple line phrased in a way that could refer to two different versions of himself that this Xeno Goku even has (or has experienced) the power of SSG.
Here it is.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:00 am

alakazam^ wrote:
Grimlock wrote:It may not seem like it, but doing that "can someone translate all these dialogues please?" providing hyperlink for each word and each one leading to the exact moment the dialogue starts is time consuming. :lol: So there is that too. If just doing that is kinda exhausting, translating lots of dialogues must be too. I'll spare you. :)
Yeah, sometimes it's overwhelming but it's fine. I do it because I want to, after all. Also, I never search for the videos so it's really handy having them here.

I imagine it's a lot of work! You could just post one link per video, I tend to watch them all, anyway.
Rakurai wrote:Is there a link to the translation or raw text of the rest of the dialogue involved (YouTube, blog, etc)? Not doubting you completely but I'm not convinced with one simple line phrased in a way that could refer to two different versions of himself that this Xeno Goku even has (or has experienced) the power of SSG.
Here it is.
Ahh thanks for the link!

This is definitely weird, by the end of BoG, which is the only story and route we know for Goku acquiring SSG, Xeno Goku should have had absorbed the power of SSG if he didn't keep the transformation. Yet he's wondering which version of himself is stronger, especially if afterwards he trained through his own potential. UNLESS he was referring to SSJ4 Gogeta (why was he even there though)...? But that would make even less sense so that couldn't be it.

So the only answer is that UMX Xeno Goku experienced a different BoG event, one in which he neither retained nor absorbed SSG.

Well I mean, if that's the case then UMX Xeno Goku wouldn't actually outright contradict the timeline history of SDBH Xeno Goku, who didn't know what SSB was. Unless they mentioned god ki in the form and Xeno Goku was like "wtf is god ki?"
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:05 am

I like the new model. The old one's face was too long and the ears were, while more anatomically correct in location for a real person, the new model's ears are where Toriyama would put them when Goku faces frontward.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:38 am

Those new Goku and Broly models just reminded me of something. A while back when they first revealed Super Saiyan 4 Xeno Vegetto, they released a character sheet for him, and I noticed that the design doesn't look anything like Yamamuro's usual style, in fact it looks a lot like a Shintani work:

Now looking at the Movie 20 Mission stuff, it's also using new Shintani designs which I'm guessing will be used for future card art.

I know Yamamuro's not working on the DBS movie, but do ya think they're phasing him out of the franchise completely? Do ya think future Heroes cards and whatever new Dragon Ball anime that could happen will be Shintani from here on out?

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:04 am

Rakurai wrote:
alakazam^ wrote:

Here it is.
Ahh thanks for the link!

This is definitely weird, by the end of BoG, which is the only story and route we know for Goku acquiring SSG, Xeno Goku should have had absorbed the power of SSG if he didn't keep the transformation. Yet he's wondering which version of himself is stronger, especially if afterwards he trained through his own potential. UNLESS he was referring to SSJ4 Gogeta (why was he even there though)...? But that would make even less sense so that couldn't be it.

So the only answer is that UMX Xeno Goku experienced a different BoG event, one in which he neither retained nor absorbed SSG.

Well I mean, if that's the case then UMX Xeno Goku wouldn't actually outright contradict the timeline history of SDBH Xeno Goku, who didn't know what SSB was. Unless they mentioned god ki in the form and Xeno Goku was like "wtf is god ki?"
Nah, it does contradict it. The whole UMX story is about the first time you meet the time patrol and the first time the time patrol meets the demon army/timebreakers
So it’s literally impossible for that to be because in the arcade game the first time you meet the timepatrol is HJ6 and the first time the time patrol meets the demon army is GDM1(not counting the special mira mission for JM8) also this is basically everyone’s first time meeting chamel the demon avatar but in the events of the arcade game they wouldn’t meet him until SDBH 3 while the stuff with the dark dragon balls is going on. So unless they wanted to retcon all of the god missions and part of SDBH, it just makes the most sense that it is it’s own continuity with the other 3ds games

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:25 am

I'll be honest, if Super Saiyan 4 Vegito, Super Saiyan whatever Kanba and Mechikabura aren't the special three cards I will be very surprised

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:17 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:I'll be honest, if Super Saiyan 4 Vegito, Super Saiyan whatever Kanba and Mechikabura aren't the special three cards I will be very surprised
UVM5 will have 104 cards in the set! Making it the biggest set yet! But I ageee that’s what the secs will be

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:34 pm

S3 Hendrix wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:I'll be honest, if Super Saiyan 4 Vegito, Super Saiyan whatever Kanba and Mechikabura aren't the special three cards I will be very surprised
UVM5 will have 104 cards in the set! Making it the biggest set yet! But I ageee that’s what the secs will be
Not like that matters when like 95% of the Cards are the same characters just with different artwork, they should just release the new ones together with the special ability ones and call it a day, would probably take less time to put out new missions too if they did.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:16 pm

If Goku: Xeno is GT Goku then how long are these events meant to be for Goku after the Shadow Dragon Saga?

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:42 pm

Bullza wrote:If Goku: Xeno is GT Goku then how long are these events meant to be for Goku after the Shadow Dragon Saga?
Misconception, Xeno Goku is from the DBZ movie/Dragon ball online timeline up to BoG primarily

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:00 pm

They should start doing new models for other characters as well, these Budokai models are quite overused.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Ssb_goku20
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Ssb_goku20 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:06 pm

I've seen Goku: Xeno's Ssj card and it's the same as post Bog Ssj Goku's which means his Ssj form has God Essence

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:09 pm

CTAkuma wrote:Misconception, Xeno Goku is from the DBZ movie/Dragon ball online timeline up to BoG primarily
Where's the misconception if he referred to the Shadow Dragons? Those movie characters appeared in GT also.

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:21 pm

Bullza wrote:
CTAkuma wrote:Misconception, Xeno Goku is from the DBZ movie/Dragon ball online timeline up to BoG primarily
Where's the misconception if he referred to the Shadow Dragons? Those movie characters appeared in GT also.
But not Dragonball online characters or BoG which are both present in Xeno Goku's timeline and not GT