Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

wolflonnie
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by wolflonnie » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:11 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:What about Future Dabura? I'd imagine he's stronger than the one in the present since he's what, about 20 years older? Lately the video games have been power creeping him to be way stronger than Cell.
Then what would be the point of reviving Buu?

wolflonnie
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wolflonnie » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:12 am

Bullza wrote:The newest episode of Super Dragon Ball Heroes is out. Now there's nothing that directly would imply such a thing at all, but it made me wonder if Super Saiyan Blue Goku with the Kaio-ken x20 is maybe being portrayed as stronger than Super Saiyan Blue Vegito?

No? Probably not?

Other than that Fu probably is ridiculously strong and for whatever reason Goku thinks Super Saiyan is going to be of use.
Vegetto is Yamcha tier these days :lol:

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:13 pm

Bullza wrote:Would Base Trunks easily beat the tar out of Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks? He'd appear to be at least stronger than Super Saiyan Kid Trunks so he should be well beyond any of the Base Saiyans in Z
Yeah he's stronger than SSJ Kid Trunks and since his SSJ2 is on par with Goku's, then naturally his Base is equivalent to Goku's and enough to smack SSJ3 Gotenks too. It is a bit strange, but from what we know, the SSJ2 Trunks we see when he shows up, should be at a minimum a couple times stronger than BoG SSG Goku.
Being as Cabba is as strong as Vegeta he also would be far above Gotenks. Would Trunks be more powerful than Cabba in the same forms and beyond?
Trunks should be around Cabba in equivalent forms at this point, yes. It does appear that Trunks would have a slight edge because he can match Goku who presumably trained to some extent between the Universe 6 arc and the Zamasu arc.
It'd seem so as Super Saiyan Cabba was knocked unconscious from a small hit from Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta. Super Saiyan 2 Trunks was hit more times by the same Vegeta and also by Super Saiyan Rose Black but he still stayed awake.
I would imagine Vegeta could have done the same to Trunks if he really wanted to but yeah that should be considered.

ssj3kakarot
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssj3kakarot » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:40 pm

Bullza wrote:The newest episode of Super Dragon Ball Heroes is out. Now there's nothing that directly would imply such a thing at all, but it made me wonder if Super Saiyan Blue Goku with the Kaio-ken x20 is maybe being portrayed as stronger than Super Saiyan Blue Vegito?

No? Probably not?

Other than that Fu probably is ridiculously strong and for whatever reason Goku thinks Super Saiyan is going to be of use.
Didn't Goku use X50 in the latest heros episode?

Also, next episode says SSJ4 Vegetto. Shouldn't that be garbage compared to a Vegetto Blue?
" I swear on that faith I can never back down now" - Goku

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:15 pm

1. SDBH anime isn't canon to (S)DBH. Events differ a lot: in the game, Vegetto Blue vs SS Cumber and Goku&Vegeta vs Ozaru Cumber are two different battles (stuff happened in the meanwhile)

2. SDBH portrays Goku Blue and Goku:Xeno as roughly on the same level. The same should be true for the Vegetto.
Please note how in the game Vegetto did NOT use Kaiohken against SSCumber.
If a roughly comparable SS4 Vegetto were to use it up to x10, he should be able to deal with a SS3 Cumber without excessive issues

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:16 pm

On the subject of Cabba, do you guys put any stock into base vegeta blasting Monna away without a single issue compared to ssj cabba getting his shit pushed in by her?

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:56 pm

ssj3kakarot wrote:Didn't Goku use X50 in the latest heros episode?
Says x20 in the sub I can see.
Also, next episode says SSJ4 Vegetto. Shouldn't that be garbage compared to a Vegetto Blue?
Well considering that Super Saiyan 4 Goku Xeno was only about as strong as Super Saiyan Blue Goku then you'd think it'd just be as strong.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:02 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote:On the subject of Cabba, do you guys put any stock into base vegeta blasting Monna away without a single issue compared to ssj cabba getting his shit pushed in by her?
Monna said it herself; it was a cheap shot.

Vegeta blasted her while she wasn't expecting it, so she couldn't brace herself for the attack.

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:37 pm

watch ssj4 vegito be far stronger than ssbkk vegito...

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:23 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:
RecolorSaiyan wrote:On the subject of Cabba, do you guys put any stock into base vegeta blasting Monna away without a single issue compared to ssj cabba getting his shit pushed in by her?

Vegeta blasted her while she wasn't expecting it, so she couldn't brace herself for the attack.
yeah pretty much. With that being said, Vegeta at this point should be on another level from Cabba in equivalent forms given how much he had improved since he fought evenly with Cabba in the Universe 6 arc.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:57 pm

wolflonnie wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:What about Future Dabura? I'd imagine he's stronger than the one in the present since he's what, about 20 years older? Lately the video games have been power creeping him to be way stronger than Cell.
Then what would be the point of reviving Buu?
Exactly.

I don't know, Dabura doesn't looks like a being who trains to get stronger. He looks like he's just strong, like Frieza or Buu.

Nevaeh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nevaeh » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:43 pm

Fu 1 shotting and casually dodging Kanba :lol:

DestructoDisc
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DestructoDisc » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:14 am

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:

Then again, she might have just said that to annoy Cabba even more. She constantly insulted the saiyans, called them weak and questioned their strenght eventhough she saw UI Goku vs Jiren.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:12 pm

With the rumours of Gogeta appearing in the movie, he likely shouldn't be as strong as a Super Saiyan Blue Vegito right?

So how strong should an Ultra Instinct Gogeta be?

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:16 pm

Bullza wrote:With the rumours of Gogeta appearing in the movie, he likely shouldn't be as strong as a Super Saiyan Blue Vegito right?

GT says Gogeta is tens of times stronger than Goku in SS4 so take whatever number you've got for UI Goku and multiply it by anything between 10 to 90. Vegetto in Base is over 400 times stronger than Base Goku at the very least.
Last edited by ekrolo2 on Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:17 pm

Bullza wrote:With the rumours of Gogeta appearing in the movie, he likely shouldn't be as strong as a Super Saiyan Blue Vegito right?

Around Angel level, I guess? Goku and Jiren should be stronger than most GoDs, if not all of them. I would put UI Gogeta/Vegetto at the bottom end of the angels just to be safe. I doubt Toriyama would make him too strong.

I hope Beerus fights in the movie and we get to see how Broly (and, by extension, Jiren & UI Goku through scaling) stacks up to him.

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:28 pm

Gogeta < Vegito (In the same arc)

However I think Blue Gogeta in this movie would wreck FT arc Blue Vegito (atleast the anime version)

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:31 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote:Gogeta < Vegito (In the same arc)

However I think Blue Gogeta in this movie would wreck FT arc Blue Vegito (atleast the anime version)
Ofcourse he would. Even SSJ Blue Goku and Vegeta individually would by now. Their power increases throughout the Tournament of Power Arc have been insane.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:31 pm

I also hope Beerus fights someone soon before he becomes fodder. From here on out most villains are going to be stronger than him and he still hasn't really fought anybody properly.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:19 pm

Bullza wrote:I also hope Beerus fights someone soon before he becomes fodder. From here on out most villains are going to be stronger than him and he still hasn't really fought anybody properly.
:lol:

Beerus is protected by plot. No villains/opponents will be stronger than him but Goku by the end of the show.