Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:58 am

I didn't even know there was a new episode out. That's how interesting this is to me.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:32 pm

Super Dragon Ball Heroes continues to be an amalgamation of everything wrong with modern Dragon Ball -- bland character design, lifeless direction and storyboarding, boring antagonists and a rollercoaster power scale.

GT_Goten10
Beyond Newbie

Post by GT_Goten10 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:40 pm

SSJ4 Vegito will make the show interesting again
GT Fighter

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:38 pm

Episode 4 was really good, imo.

But once again, it ended just when I was getting hooked. Dammit, this show is a tease!

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:42 am

sangofe wrote:
Grand Marshal 1 wrote:Cumber is a great character (in my opinion at least). He is not a destructive Legendary Saiyan like Kale or Broly, rather he was something different. The Evil Saiyan. His title, his power and his evil nature have given me the impression that Cumber was the Leader of the Evil Saiyans who sought to gain control over Planet Vegeta and crush the insurgents led by Yamoshi. I wouldn't be suprised if Cumber was the one to actually kill Yamoshi.
Am I wrong in taking this as sarcasm?
No sir, I am using no sarcasm. Why would you think that? I just enjoy SDBH and it's arc's plot. It might be full of inconsistencies, but it is still something. To be honest, it is not as far fetched as I originally expected it to be.
P O W E R

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:07 am

Grand Marshal 1 wrote:No sir, I am using no sarcasm. Why would you think that? I just enjoy SDBH and it's arc's plot. It might be full of inconsistencies, but it is still something. To be honest, it is not as far fetched as I originally expected it to be.
Most apparently dislike Super DB Heroes so he thought that but I digress. I too really enjoy Cumber's character and the whole Evil Saiyan thing. :)

Here's hoping he becomes playable in FighterZ or an upcoming Dragon Ball game (2D preferably, than a brainless, button-masher 3D behind-the-shoulder game).

EDIT

Why the fuck is Golden Coola even a thing? All he does is just stand there watching and nothing else. What a way to waste such a cool character.
Lord Beerus wrote:Super Dragon Ball Heroes continues to be an amalgamation of everything wrong with modern Dragon Ball -- bland character design, lifeless direction and storyboarding, boring antagonists and a rollercoaster power scale.
That sounds eerily similar to Dragon Ball Super.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:26 am

Grand Marshal 1 wrote:
sangofe wrote:
Grand Marshal 1 wrote:His title, his power and his evil nature have given me the impression that Cumber was the Leader of the Evil Saiyans who sought to gain control over Planet Vegeta and crush the insurgents led by Yamoshi. I wouldn't be suprised if Cumber was the one to actually kill Yamoshi.
No sir, I am using no sarcasm. Why would you think that? I just enjoy SDBH and it's arc's plot. It might be full of inconsistencies, but it is still something. To be honest, it is not as far fetched as I originally expected it to be.
I included in the first quote what made me believe you were being sarcastic.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:28 am

JohnnyCashKami wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Super Dragon Ball Heroes continues to be an amalgamation of everything wrong with modern Dragon Ball -- bland character design, lifeless direction and storyboarding, boring antagonists and a rollercoaster power scale.
Not only it is similar to Dragon Ball Super, that series doesn't even deal with other concepts, making it worse.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:01 am

Grimlock wrote:
JohnnyCashKami wrote:
Not only it is similar to Dragon Ball Super, that series doesn't even deal with other concepts, making it worse.
I will gladly take the Future Trunks arc and Universal Survival arc over whatever the fuck Super Dragon Ball Heroes is meant to be/trying to do.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:40 am

sangofe wrote:
Grand Marshal 1 wrote:
sangofe wrote:
I included in the first quote what made me believe you were being sarcastic.
I see. Well, these things happen. :D
P O W E R

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:44 am

JohnnyCashKami wrote:
Why the fuck is Golden Coola even a thing? All he does is just stand there watching and nothing else. What a way to waste such a cool character.
To be honest, Cooler needed more action. Standing there was very stupid. He created a Golden Supernova and then fired a couple of ki blasts, after he gave 2 punches at SSJ2 Berserk Goku. All this happened in the span of 4 episodes. We needed to see more of his power (not to mention that I think that Cooler has a form more powerful even that True Golden Frieza, form not power).
P O W E R

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:04 am

Lord Beerus wrote:I will gladly take the Future Trunks arc and Universal Survival arc over whatever the fuck Super Dragon Ball Heroes is meant to be/trying to do.
That is unfortunate, because it's the amount of people who think like that that they will keep the "main series" stuck in the same old nonsense.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:13 am

But this new nonsense isn't REALLY good either.

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:22 pm

See I'd always find it more important that something is interesting or fun to watch or not-boring than some arbitrary and misdefined quantification of "new". And Heroes is the single most boring Dragon Ball series I've ever seen. It has no substance, no real characterization, no attempt at appealing to anything other than kids who liked smashing their Goku action figures together; and it knows it, that's the closest thing its villain has to a motivation.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:03 am

Shaddy wrote:See I'd always find it more important that something is interesting or fun to watch or not-boring than some arbitrary and misdefined quantification of "new". And Heroes is the single most boring Dragon Ball series I've ever seen. It has no substance, no real characterization, no attempt at appealing to anything other than kids who liked smashing their Goku action figures together; and it knows it, that's the closest thing its villain has to a motivation.
Are you forgetting Tullece and Goku Black?

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:37 am

JohnnyCashKami wrote:
Why the fuck is Golden Coola even a thing?

That's why.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:03 pm

JohnnyCashKami wrote: Are you forgetting Tullece and Goku Black?
Are you completely misinterpreting what I said because I used the phrase "Goku action figures" instead of "Dragon Ball action figures" and using that to discredit my point entirely?

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:54 pm

The show's okay. A lot of it is the expected stuff, but I don't really mind that.

It's slower than I'd like though.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

theTUN
Not-So-Newbie

Post by theTUN » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:22 pm

JohnnyCashKami wrote:
Shaddy wrote:See I'd always find it more important that something is interesting or fun to watch or not-boring than some arbitrary and misdefined quantification of "new". And Heroes is the single most boring Dragon Ball series I've ever seen. It has no substance, no real characterization, no attempt at appealing to anything other than kids who liked smashing their Goku action figures together; and it knows it, that's the closest thing its villain has to a motivation.
Are you forgetting Tullece and Goku Black?
Huh?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:06 pm

It is very interesting you bring this up, because I actually believe that the sole reason for this PR anime. Bandai want their cake, and not only to eat it but to also rule the world with it when it comes to DBH, they have for years been trying to make DBH into something it isn't. DBH is a card game, that is the foundation of it's success and it didn't need a PR anime for this, so why are we getting one now?

Bandai's target DBH to 6+ years, okay cool it is a kids card game, makes sense. Bandai target majority of the main series, DBS etc to 15+years, more than double the target age for DBH. So they have two properties of DB that they have different target audiences when it comes to merchandise. But here is the problem, they constantly bleed DBH into the main series' marketing and merch however the results aren't great DBH merch constantly tanks on the after market, which isn't surprising is it? The target audience want cards, so why are you making figures? Your audience for that are people who want figures from the main series. Instead they've probably used the DBS brand to market SDBH more than actual DBS related stuff, it is a f**king joke.

Here is recent example, Banpresto have decided to take a safe approach, for their new transcendence art SDBH figures, first 3 figures in the line SSGSS Goku/Vegeta/Vegetto even hyping the fact a veteran DB sculptor is sculpting these! So in August Banpresto got decent case orders for the Goku, gamestation Taito for example ordered 118 cases. But the figure did pretty bad, no interest and it tanked on the after market hitting ~750yen, folks practically giving them away... as a result the Vegeta from last month Taito only ordered 48 cases... Ouch.

However, Bandai are now trying to do the opposite! So they made these new SDBH Skill Figures.... except they have labelled it "Dragon Ball Super Super Dragon Ball Heroes Skills Figures".... so they are now trying to get their target audience from DBS to DBH... Bandai please f**king stop, DBH is a card game it's evidently successful at being that. But no they constantly want to push to be more than that, and that brings us to this anime, they probably thinking maybe if we have some sort of anime DBH merch will do well and it is still not.