Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Miracles
I Live Here

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Miracles » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:17 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:So silhouette speculation time....

Nothing for December's HG...

Vs
But then this for Jan's...

:think:

Also guys UI Goku or Vegeta is 99.9999% not happening. They would not be marketing SSG Goku & Vegeta if UI was in the film and movie marketing drops off after Jan. Bandai already confirmed by saying their Shikishi Art in December will use characters from the movie "DBS: Broly" and from other "DBS" like UI Goku. They've made a separate distinction that the UI Goku they'll use in the December Shikishi Art will not be from the movie. Furthermore UI is not a spoiler. It's a form that already exits it would be marketed already alongside FP Broly there is no reason to hide it especially since UI Goku is a best seller (July's Grandista got the highest case orders a DB figure ever had!). Hell as you can see above Bandai are releasing SSGSS Goku twice for the HG set why would they do that if UI Goku was in the film?

I'll gladly eat crow if I am wrong but at this point not looking very likely.
It's Ultra Instinct Goku or Piccolo.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:49 am

Vs

Also guys UI Goku or Vegeta is 99.9999% not happening. They would not be marketing SSG Goku & Vegeta if UI was in the film and movie marketing drops off after Jan. Bandai already confirmed by saying their Shikishi Art in December will use characters from the movie "DBS: Broly" and from other "DBS" like UI Goku. They've made a separate distinction that the UI Goku they'll use in the December Shikishi Art will not be from the movie. Furthermore UI is not a spoiler. It's a form that already exits it would be marketed already alongside FP Broly there is no reason to hide it especially since UI Goku is a best seller (July's Grandista got the highest case orders a DB figure ever had!). Hell as you can see above Bandai are releasing SSGSS Goku twice for the HG set why would they do that if UI Goku was in the film?

Do NOT be so certain! That’s only your interpretation and nothing more. There’s no hard evidence he won’t be in the movie. And it makes far more sense that he would. Just WAIT a little longer.. They’re obviously trying to keep it a secret.

I have accepted the fact that SSJ Blue Gogeta will be in the movie, but i can’t accept MUI Goku not appearing. That goes too far.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:07 am

Can we all agree that the best part of the wait for this movie is how people react to it? The amount of denial and salt because of some stuff happenig or not happening is glorious. It makes the wait easier than it was waiting for RoF. Then again I suppose I had more expectatives story-wisr back then...
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:18 am

MisteryOne wrote:Can we all agree that the best part of the wait for this movie is how people react to it? The amount of denial and salt because of some stuff happenig or not happening is glorious. It makes the wait easier than it was waiting for RoF. Then again I suppose I had more expectatives story-wisr back then...
I've honestly not been paying attention to any reactions from the fanbase. I haven't been this uninterested in a DB product in a long time.

Raphael_Z
Beyond Newbie

Post by Raphael_Z » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:29 am

Grimlock wrote:
Raphael_Z wrote:Goku was born in Age 736
Only if you take Gine's words literal, which is not something most people will do. When the difference is one year, one can think the person rounded up the information; in this case, Gine just rounded it up the time Goku spent in the incubator, he can still be born in AGE 737 just fine.
So the only canon source for Goku being born in 737 is that Gine's bad at math? :roll:

Minus and Jaco take place in age 739 and Goku is at least 3 years old there, not 2 and a half, not 2 years and 11 month, he's 3 years old. 739-3=736 AKA Goku's birth.

"It's been three years" means that it has been at least three years.

In DB we never saw any of Goku's bdays so people assume that Goku was 12 for all of Year 749 but according to math (him being born in 736), he definitely turned 13 at some point in Year 749, was/turned 14 during Red Ribbon/Tournament (750) and was/turned 17 during Second Tournament/King Piccolo (753).

If he wasn't 17 when he killed Piccolo then he was 16 and turned 17 the very same year (753). IDK the idea of a 17 year old Goku looking like a kid triggers some people to be honest.

Raphael_Z
Beyond Newbie

Post by Raphael_Z » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:32 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:

Vs

Do NOT be so certain! That’s only your interpretation and nothing more. There’s no hard evidence he won’t be in the movie. And it makes far more sense that he would. Just WAIT a little longer.. They’re obviously trying to keep it a secret.

I have accepted the fact that SSJ Blue Gogeta will be in the movie, but i can’t accept MUI Goku not appearing. That goes too far.
Was SSJ Blue Gogeta confirmed? For all we know it could be UI Gogeta or (my personal favorite theory) is that Gogeta will have a new form that is the mix of SSG (speed) and SS Blue (power) with his hair being red AND blue (similar to Base Gotenks' combined hair color).

The marketing is really promoting Vegeta's SSG form so maybe there's some hints there that in order to beat Broly, the best attributes from both God forms need to be combined.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:33 am

Raphael_Z wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:

Vs

Was SSJ Blue Gogeta confirmed? For all we know it could be UI Gogeta or (my personal favorite theory) is that Gogeta will have a new form that is the mix of SSG (speed) and SS Blue (power) with his hair being red AND blue (similar to Base Gotenks' combined hair color).

The marketing is really promoting Vegeta's SSG form so maybe there's some hints there that in order to beat Broly, the best attributes from both God forms need to be combined.
or they do what vegeta does in the manga where he switches between the two forms on the fly, going with red speed and changing for blues impact the moment the punch lands to maximize damage

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:44 am

Miracles wrote:

Vs

It's Ultra Instinct Piccolo.
Not funny. :cry:
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:46 am

Raphael_Z wrote:So the only canon source for Goku being born in 737 is that Gine's bad at math? :roll:
There is no canon, but it's not like rounding up is something weird. I don't know where you come from but where most people live, to round it up information is quite common.

It is also the case with Bulma's age. If we go by the manga, she should have been born in AGE 733 and be six years old by the events of the Jaco manga. But in the Jaco manga, Tights says she is five. Since the difference is one year, one can say that Jaco events takes place before her birthday.

It is also the case with Bulma's line at the end of the manga. She says she didn't see Goku in five years, which should mean they shouldn't have met each other since AGE 779, but Universe Survival saga takes place in AGE 780. Since the difference is one year, one can say that Bulma rounded it up and haven't met Goku for four years and X months.

Anyway, there is no point in dragging this because you can take Gine's words literal and say Goku was born in AGE 736 just fine too. I'm just telling you that, in some cases, like this one (and the ones I just commented), there are options. And it's a matter of choice.
Last edited by Grimlock on Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:53 am

Besides DB Minus and the amount of retcons this movie may have, I'm also worried about the ending.

Freeza dies again?! Disappointing and redundant at this point.
Broly dies?! Disappointing, because that would mean they just brought him to earn money.
Broly survives and joins the main the cast?! Terrible, because we already have enough Saiyans and he would be just another hype tool for Goku.
They decide to revive Planet Vegeta?! Terrible, because this franchise seriously lack some permanent consequences and we would also have too many Saiyans.

I would like to believe Toriyama will pull off one of his plot twists in the end and make it satisfying, but he's such a wild card. I can't trust him.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:01 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:Besides DB Minus and the amount of retcons this movie may have, I'm also worried about the ending.

Freeza dies again?! Disappointing and redundant at this point.
Broly dies?! Disappointing, because that would mean they just brought him to earn money.
Broly survives and joins the main the cast?! Terrible, because we already have enough Saiyans and he would be just another hype tool for Goku.
They decide to revive Planet Vegeta?! Terrible, because this franchise seriously lack some permanent consequences and we would also have too many Saiyans.

I would like to believe Toriyama will pull off one of his plot twists in the end and make it satisfying, but he's such a wild card. I can't trust him.
I'm surprised you missed the super obvious one: Gogeta defusing right before he does anything, again. Or is that so obvious it's a foregone conclusion?
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:14 am

MisteryOne wrote:Can we all agree that the best part of the wait for this movie is how people react to it? The amount of denial and salt because of some stuff happenig or not happening is glorious. It makes the wait easier than it was waiting for RoF. Then again I suppose I had more expectatives story-wisr back then...
Same. The vindication is really satisfying for all those times people said there was no evidence and I was in denial.

Feels good man
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:54 am

Right now I'm torn between wanting there to be a new trailer at NYCC and hoping it's not too revealing because that weekend is a potentially big one for me for other non-Dragon Ball reasons.

I don't know what else they could reveal that doesn't already seem certain. More concrete confirmation that this is a remix of Movie 8, 12, and Minus? I feel like it'll just be another battle trailer that ends on Gogeta, but I could be wrong. I want to see some enjoyable character interactions, not just everyone vs Brolli.

I know I have more fun when it's a weekly series than I do waiting for movies. The setup is more open and even if the time of day isn't optimal at least I can go in and potentially be surprised despite my own want for spoilers. I can also watch it from the comfort off my own home. Even if I was a frequent theater goer (I'm not) I'd want to see the subbed version and I'm under the impression this'll be dubbed only in US theaters. This is the era of Netflix and I wish I could just buy the movie on a streaming service instead. I mean eventually it'll be on streaming services, but that'll be an even longer wait. I dunno.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:29 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:But then this for Jan's...

Hey, look, it's Cooler.
...Was my first thought when seeing that silhouette. :lol: But we learned our lesson after people tried to figure out what the silhouette that was replaced with Kefla was supposed to be. Right? :P
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:33 am

So, whats the consensus on Gine?

Do you guys think she’s dead or alive? Was she killed or did Bardock tell her to take a pod and escape the planet too? Both sound like realistic options at this point.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:45 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:So, whats the consensus on Gine?

Do you guys think she’s dead or alive? Was she killed or did Bardock tell her to take a pod and escape the planet too? Both sound like realistic options at this point.
If she wasn't dead I'm sure she eventually would have made her way to Earth to get Kakarot.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:00 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:

If she wasn't dead I'm sure she eventually would have made her way to Earth to get Kakarot.
The same could be said for Paragus tbh. They could come up with any excuse. But yeah, that’s still a good point

bleed0range
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by bleed0range » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:06 pm

Alruneia wrote:

Hey, look, it's Cooler.
...Was my first thought when seeing that silhouette. :lol: But we learned our lesson after people tried to figure out what the silhouette that was replaced with Kefla was supposed to be. Right? :P
That dome head makes me think Freeza is going to fuse with Goku or Vegeta.

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:08 pm

Eh we don't really know, i'm guessing she's dead from the fact that they only had one pod left for Goku to leave Planet Vegeta

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:09 pm

bleed0range wrote:
Alruneia wrote:

Hey, look, it's Cooler.
That dome head makes me think Freeza is going to fuse with Goku or Vegeta.
I don't think the silhouette is meant to be taken literally, as if that's how the character looks like, bald and all