Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheMikado
I Live Here

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by TheMikado » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:34 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Grimlock wrote:
JohnnyCashKami wrote: That sounds eerily similar to Dragon Ball Super.
Not only it is similar to Dragon Ball Super, that series doesn't even deal with other concepts, making it worse.
I will gladly take the Future Trunks arc and Universal Survival arc over whatever the fuck Super Dragon Ball Heroes is meant to be/trying to do.
All of Modern DB is a giant cashgrab. The sooner we all agree on this the sooner we stop scouring every piece of DB content for the last bits of artistic integrity.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:41 pm

TheMikado wrote:All of Modern DB is a giant cashgrab. The sooner we all agree on this the sooner we stop scouring every piece of DB content for the last bits of artistic integrity.
You mean all of Dragon Ball.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:15 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:they probably thinking maybe if we have some sort of anime DBH merch will do well and it is still not.
In what way Dragon Ball Heroes anime "isn't doing well"? :eh:
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:13 am

Grimlock wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:they probably thinking maybe if we have some sort of anime DBH merch will do well and it is still not.
I'm talking about the DBH merch that isn't cards. This anime hasn't improved anything in that regard. Hoping this leads to Bandai just giving up on making Heroes more than a card game.

FreddleFrooby
Not-So-Newbie

Post by FreddleFrooby » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:28 am

Honestly, I'm surprised this show gets as much flak as it gets. Did people expect an actual story with fully explained fights and forms? Don't they look into what SDBH even was, so they'd know Heroes is (and always will be) mindless fun?

Honestly, I tempered my expectations for each episode, and it's a good bit of cool fun so far. Not the absolute best thing ever, but not complete and utter crap. Kanba or Cumber is a badass antagonist in the same way Dark Mind from Kirby is. He has no real character,but is just fine for a videogame final boss. WAY better than Movie 10 Broly.

This is all definitely a cash grab for japanese people who can play the arcade game though, I'll admit.
Vegeta: How?! How are you so much more powerful than me?!
Goku Black: Because Vegeta, a rose by any other name.... is still Goku.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:50 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:I'm talking about the DBH merch that isn't cards. This anime hasn't improved anything in that regard. Hoping this leads to Bandai just giving up on making Heroes more than a card game.
But how has it not improved? The anime is clearly here to provide another way for the players to enjoy the game, seeing it from another perspective with a bit of new information that didn't even happen in the arcade. The manga is alright so I don't know how an anime wouldn't be too.

I mean, I don't see Japanese people complaining about it on Twitter, on the contrary, I do see (the ones I follow and the ones who appear when I search for Heroes on Twitter) sharing images and commenting on it, some with "happy" emoji, others with a "heart emoji". That tells me the anime is doing just fine and is marketing Heroes even further.

~ Day of the Machines ~

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:27 pm

At the end when Goku went SSJG and Cumba said "So you're..." I thought that was interesting. Maybe Cumba thinks Goku is the original SSJG from his time. Would be interesting if Cumba became an actual character to see where the story would go with that
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:11 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:I'm talking about the DBH merch that isn't cards. This anime hasn't improved anything in that regard. Hoping this leads to Bandai just giving up on making Heroes more than a card game.
Hopefully this or something can push Dragon Ball Heroes to reach the West because we've been missing the 3DS Heroes games and an official release of this promo-anime series. Yes, most don't like it but that's beside the point.

Dragon Ball card games is something I'd welcome as the constant fighting genre games of Dragon Ball is getting a bit too nauseating, even though FighterZ is amazing. To be honest.. I'd make an exception for "Burst Limit 2". :P

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:03 pm

Can't say that after I finally took time to check on the fourth episode was worth it :lol:

The only thing that I could say and that was addressed before: the next episode implies that SSJ4 > Blue

Interesting, even if just a thing for a promotional material.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:12 pm

Noah wrote:The only thing that I could say and that was addressed before: the next episode implies that SSJ4 > Blue.
You just said in another thread that someone took a sentence too literal but here you're doing the same. :eh:

It's like saying that Gotenks, Luud and Cell are also Gods of Destruction because they were referred to as such once.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:21 pm

Grimlock wrote:
Noah wrote:The only thing that I could say and that was addressed before: the next episode implies that SSJ4 > Blue.
You just said in another thread that someone took a sentence too literal but here you're doing the same. :eh:

It's like saying that Gotenks, Luud and Cell are also Gods of Destruction because they were referred to as such once.
You're a funny little guy, how I supposed to not take literally that Vegetto with freaking KK + Blue couldn't defeat Cumber and now they will rely on SSJ4 in order to attempt to do it? This strategy would'nt make sense if SSJ4 was weaker.

Also Cell, Gotenks and Luud (?) were reffered was God of Destuctions before these were a thing on the franchise, pretty sure it is consensus here that this "title" was just served to hype these characters and nothing else.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:31 pm

Noah wrote:how I supposed to not take literally that Vegetto with freaking KK + Blue couldn't defeat Cumber and now they will rely on SSJ4 in order to attempt to do it? This strategy would'nt make sense if SSJ4 was weaker.
Xeno Goku and Xeno Vegeta weren't there to see that Goku and Vegeta already tried as Vegetto and it didn't work.
Noah wrote:pretty sure it is consensus here that this "title" was just served to hype these characters and nothing else.
If you do know that the title is just to hype, why the hell are you taking it too seriously/literal? We actually don't know how things will play out, nor the outcome of Xeno Vegetto and Cumber fight, we can't say just based on the title or the previous fight with Vegetto that Xeno Vegetto will or won't win.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:39 pm

Oh you're telling me that Vegetto who fought Cumber previously will not be the same one, but his Xeno counterpart? If that's so my mistake, I thought it would be the same character :lol:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:01 pm

Better look at SSJ4 Vegitto

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:10 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Grimlock wrote:
I'm talking about the DBH merch that isn't cards. This anime hasn't improved anything in that regard. Hoping this leads to Bandai just giving up on making Heroes more than a card game.
I never really understood why people want Heroes here in the West. I never saw Heroes as something that could last here with the current content of anime and games we have now.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:09 am

Here is a nice look at the gorgeous SSJ4 Vegito coming up. Image

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:34 am

Truly majestic shoulders

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:44 am

I like Vegito's SSJ$ design. I like how the hair refers to his regular state while still maintaining that SSJ4 flair. I think it would be awesome if he could transform and where his hair changes to the reddish Gogeta SSJ$ color. (maybe Kaioken.) This anime is all over the place but it does have some cool designs like Cumber and now this one.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:46 am

I like that Vegito's hair is black in SS4 form. It helps him stand out from SS4 Gogeta. I would have given him SS4 Goku's yellow eyes, though, since Vegito already took SS4 Vegeta's blue eyes.

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:47 pm

Shaddy wrote:Image

Truly majestic shoulders
You contribute nothing and you fan the flames of "art war." So unless you can draw a better SS4 Vegeto Xeno or say something meaningful, shut up.

I am not a fan of this Vegeto because the red fur and ear rings clash badly. Too much going on with this character design.
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208