"Dragon Ball Super: Broly" - Animation Hub [Updated: 20/07]

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Re: "Dragon Ball Super: Broly" - Animation Hub [Updated: 20/07]

Post by JazzMazz » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:01 pm

Chuquita wrote:
majinwarman wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: That will never happen. Even in our wildest dreams.
Exactly. Studio Bones have him locked down.
Animator's Corner has him listed as having not done anything in two years. If that's up to date then wow they really do have him locked away somewhere.
Source: http://animatorscorner.com/staff_profile/2457
Animators corner hasn't been updated in forever. Hell, it doesn't even cover to the end of Super.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:09 pm

JazzMazz wrote:
Chuquita wrote:
majinwarman wrote: Exactly. Studio Bones have him locked down.
Animator's Corner has him listed as having not done anything in two years. If that's up to date then wow they really do have him locked away somewhere.
Source: http://animatorscorner.com/staff_profile/2457
Animators corner hasn't been updated in forever. Hell, it doesn't even cover to the end of Super.
Really?! Didn't know. I used to use ANN as my source for animation staff stuff, but I stopped visiting there earlier this year because I felt I was wasting too much time reading their clickbait list articles.

Know of any other sources that are up to date?
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:31 am

Something to unsettle everyone shit promo artist does calendar art for the movie:
Good designs can't save a bad artist being bad.

FlpShimizu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FlpShimizu » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:52 am

Vegeta looks horrible, but that's not his worst Goku.
"I'm never fighting a gag manga character again!"

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:49 pm

Chuquita wrote:
majinwarman wrote:
Chuquita wrote:
Good to know!

I don't follow MHA, but I know it's got good staff.
What do you follow then?
This season's anime? Lupin III Part 5, Steinsgate 0, Free! Dive to the Future, and Hugtto Precure.

That's got nothing to do with Dragon Ball though. I don't think there's anything wrong with not following MHA while still admiring the work of the animators on its staff. I'm not into superhero stuff and I don't have much interest in shonen series anymore.
Nice to know that.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:23 am

Of all Goku's kamehameha poses we've been having in the last years, this is by far the best one:

Zero highlights, I love how expressive Goku is and honestly those jackets are the best thing ever. I need one!

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:36 pm

/\ Well, too bad he looks like his Saiyan arc self, gosh is like no one knows how to keep the characters consistent with their age on the anime staff.

majinwarman wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:Still low key expecting Yutaka Nakamura to be confirmed.
That will never happen. Even in our wildest dreams.
Exactly. Studio Bones have him locked down.
Why?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:33 pm

Noah wrote:Why?
Nakamura Yutaka is an in-house employee of Bones. He either needs to risk getting in trouble by doing an uncredited scene for an outside production (assuming a friend asked him to) or he has to be given special permission to from the studio to work on outside projects.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:19 pm

According to the last interview the movie premiere to be on November 14th, one month before the movie hit the theaters.
This movie schedule is nothing like DBS anime, so hopefully with all changes that have been happening on Toei and what happened with DBS the first time, when the anime returns doesn't have the same art/animations problems.

Dragon Ball Super is confirmed to have a panel at Jump Festa this year, which takes place December 21th/23th. Have a DB Super panel just to promote a Movie that comes out one week before is unlikely, so if they plan to bring the anime back it could be announced there.

cuartas
Beyond Newbie

Post by cuartas » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:13 pm

When is the next trailer coming?

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:25 pm

cuartas wrote:When is the next trailer coming?
Friday.
Bring Back Budokai:https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ ... it-2#intro
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:22 am

I'm hoping that Koudai Watanabe will be animating something in this film. He animated the best looking scene in 'F'.

Other animators I'm also hoping to see include Ken Otsuka, Yoshihiro Kanno, Yuki Hayashi, Atsushi Nikaido, Jin Inaba, Shuuichiro Manabe, Yuichi Karasawa, Futoshi Higashide and Hisashi Mori. Ken Otsuka never really got the chance to shine in Super because of the rough schedule. If he's in this movie he'll finally be able to animate something stellar.

So we've got Naohiro Shintani (or as I like to call him, OurHero Shintani), Ryo Onishi, Yuya Takahashi, Naoki Tate, Naotoshi Shida, Takashi Hashimoto, Yoshihiko Umakoshi, Miyako Tsuji and Takeo Ide confirmed to be animating for the film. There's also Yapiko Animation and Studio Guts working on the film.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:25 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:Of all Goku's kamehameha poses we've been having in the last years, this is by far the best one:

Zero highlights, I love how expressive Goku is and honestly those jackets are the best thing ever. I need one!
What is this from? Like the images on each of the far side?

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:55 am

PFM18 wrote:What is this from? Like the images on each of the far side?
Most likely Dragon Ball Heroes.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:56 pm

JulieYBM wrote:
Noah wrote:Why?
Nakamura Yutaka is an in-house employee of Bones. He either needs to risk getting in trouble by doing an uncredited scene for an outside production (assuming a friend asked him to) or he has to be given special permission to from the studio to work on outside projects.
You said it better than me.
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:I'm hoping that Koudai Watanabe will be animating something in this film. He animated the best looking scene in 'F'.

Other animators I'm also hoping to see include Ken Otsuka, Yoshihiro Kanno, Yuki Hayashi, Atsushi Nikaido, Jin Inaba, Shuuichiro Manabe, Yuichi Karasawa, Futoshi Higashide and Hisashi Mori. Ken Otsuka never really got the chance to shine in Super because of the rough schedule. If he's in this movie he'll finally be able to animate something stellar.

So we've got Naohiro Shintani (or as I like to call him, OurHero Shintani), Ryo Onishi, Yuya Takahashi, Naoki Tate, Naotoshi Shida, Takashi Hashimoto, Yoshihiko Umakoshi, Miyako Tsuji and Takeo Ide confirmed to be animating for the film. There's also Yapiko Animation and Studio Guts working on the film.
I think that Koudai Watanabe will only show up if he is not working on the new One Piece movie.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:41 am

MOTHER OF GOD. I need to see this fight between Vegeta and Broly ASAP. Takahashi is going to spoil us.

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:42 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Something to unsettle everyone shit promo artist does calendar art for the movie:
I am sorry but what exactly is wrong with this picture? Goku, Vegeta, and Freeza are all on model while Broly is a little "blob-y." The colors pop out and the picture show cases the point of the move. Thr "look how cool the gang are! Please watch our movie" vibe.
If this is a Yamamuro work then it looks fine. Why are you being a jerk to an artist who is experienced and probably better than you in drawing?
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:39 pm

GTx10 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Something to unsettle everyone shit promo artist does calendar art for the movie:
I am sorry but what exactly is wrong with this picture? Goku, Vegeta, and Freeza are all on model while Broly is a little "blob-y." The colors pop out and the picture show cases the point of the move. Thr "look how cool the gang are! Please watch our movie" vibe.
If this is a Yamamuro work then it looks fine. Why are you being a jerk to an artist who is experienced and probably better than you in drawing?

That isn't Yamamuro, I believe that is just one of the several promo artists.

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:00 pm

Oh sorry. With the Yamamuro bashing going on I assumed it was his work. But my point still stands, this piece of art isn't bad so why riff on him or her? Clearly he/she is good enough to be able to produce official art.
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:40 pm

Animation looks very dodgy, wouldn't have thought it was a theatrical movie to be honest. Seems like a bit childish maybe, a step down from the last two movies.