Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Doctor.
Banned

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Doctor. » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:50 am

Don't really know how I'd feel if Goku regains his memories during the movie. I feel it could be interesting but they'll likely fuck it up.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:51 am

STH wrote:Omg, what did I just watch? :crazy: This trailer even contradicts the manga version of the Super.

From chapter 8
https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-5 ... bd63a78252

This suit is not the same but it's similar.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:45 am

sintzu wrote:The changes won't determine whether or not the movie is enjoyable
Oh, it certainly will. Since the only part I care about this movie are the scenes from the past, any change must have a meaning. Otherwise, if they just change for the sake of changing, without serving any purpose, it will affect if the movie is enjoyable or not.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:49 am

Grimlock wrote:
sintzu wrote:The changes won't determine whether or not the movie is enjoyable
Oh, it certainly will. Since the only part I care about this movie are the scenes from the past, any change must have a meaning. Otherwise, if they just change for the sake of changing, without serving any purpose, it will affect if the movie is enjoyable or not.
Agreed. The lack of Bardock’s rebellion will definitely lower my grade for this movie.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:20 am

Saiga wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Vados_chan wrote:

Wow you have the worst taste of any Db fan i have ever seen

Not when it's this bad and wrong, no real DB fan would prefer the re-colours over the original iconic form
You can't be serious. How can an opinion be bad or wrong?

And I'm not a real DB fan because I prefer modern forms? Grow up. I mustn't be the only on because they're bringing out next to no merch for the "iconic" SS forms for the movie.... I wonder why...?
Because those forms have the most amount of merch and aren't new anymore.

Which is extremely obvious.
But if it's iconic that shouldn't matter right? Plus Broly has been green as long as SS has been around so that argument doesn't really fly.

Broly's yellow SS form has barely been marketed and shown, says it all really.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:22 am

Does anyone think Beerus will be involved in the past segments and Freeza destroying the planet ? it was brought up twice so this would be the time to show us what really happened.
supersaiyandoctor wrote:Then there's also the Saiyans all wearing armour before Frieza takes them over.
Could they have been already working for King Cold and he just passed them down to Freeza ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:28 am

sintzu wrote:Does anyone think Beerus will be involved in the past segments and Freeza destroying the planet ? it was brought up twice so this would be the time to show us what really happened.
supersaiyandoctor wrote:Then there's also the Saiyans all wearing armour before Frieza takes them over.
Could they have been already working for King Cold and he just passed them down to Freeza ?
I think they'll just focus on Vegeta, Goku and Broly. That's probably why they won't stuff like Tarble, the Tuffles or Cooler even though they'd have the chance to.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:30 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Vados_chan wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Seeing yellow SS at the end of the trailer almost made me puke. What a disgusting form.
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:What? Someone can't hate the "iconic" SS form? The amount of crap people are allowed to spew I can't state my opinion that I don't only prefer the modern forms but that SS is generally trash looking puke inducing form?

Iconic or not (which it lost in the Cell arc) doesn't mean anything doesn't mean I can't shit on it if I feel it deserves it, which it does. Yellow hair green eyes... :sick:
Wow you have the worst taste of any Db fan i have ever seen
Someone can't hate the "iconic" SS form? The amount of crap people are allowed to spew I can't state my opinion
Not when it's this bad and wrong, no real DB fan would prefer the re-colours over the original iconic form
You can't be serious. How can an opinion be bad or wrong?

And I'm not a real DB fan because I prefer modern forms? Grow up. I mustn't be the only on because they're bringing out next to no merch for the "iconic" SS forms for the movie.... I wonder why...?
Because they’ve been selling SSJ hair for decades and wanted to sell something different...? Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but sometimes you get people who are just ridiculous.
How i predict the tournament will end:

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:32 am

TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:I really do wonder if Gogeta's design will remain untouched, given what they've done with Freeza's base form in the trailer... I wouldn't mind a change with Gogeta, but I also wouldn't mind if he remained the same appearance wise either.
I think they might’ve changed Frieza to make him look younger. I don’t think they’ll change Gogeta too much
How i predict the tournament will end:

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:16 am

TheOne wrote:
Because they’ve been selling SSJ hair for decades and wanted to sell something different...? Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but sometimes you get people who are just ridiculous.
You don't have to agree with opinions but to say one is bad, wrong & not a true fan is pretty insulting. I refuse to stand for this shit.

People are allowed to hate whatever they want about modern DB as much as they want as intensely as they want. But god forbid someone say something negative about old DB and now I'm being called not a true DB fan. That's ridiculous.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:44 am

Why people said that this scene are retconned ?
First trailers doesn't show the final product there is a long time history in movie industry about that case, second given the position of the camera we don't see the troops and Bardock because they are behind the Supernova Death Ball of Frieza and thirdly Bardock should be not so far the surface of planet Bejita maxi the Stratosphere and it appears that Frieza is far from the stratosphere since he can breath in space.

So there is no retcon at all in this scene.

Given the perspective of this scene we mustn't see peoples.

Edit:
Also people consider this
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:56 am

Gt91 wrote:
STH wrote:Omg, what did I just watch? :crazy: This trailer even contradicts the manga version of the Super.

From chapter 8
https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-5 ... bd63a78252

This suit is not the same but it's similar.
That is a retcon I'm glad of, could you see King Vegeta in that? :lol:

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:03 am

Re: Gokû's Kakarrotto memories.

I don't know what the in universe take on this is for saiyans, but I read for humans you can't remember much earlier than 3 years old because your still growing hippocampus is so overloaded with new experiences as a toddler that those earliest memories of being a baby can't be accessed anyway.

Gokû's Kakarrotto might remember a handful of vague memories, but it wouldn't be like someone older who lost their memories as a teen and suddenly recovered them. I don't know if recovering memories of being 3 would allow him to have any meaningful conversations with Vegeta about their home planet or anything.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:05 am

I really don't think the Saiyans are being conquered in that flashback. It wouldn't make sense for Frieza to show up, conquer the planet, and immediately plot to destroy all the Saiyans. They most likely already served King Cold for years, but Frieza is there to let them know that he is the one in charge now. This would actually make more sense than the original story, in which Frieza gladly accepts the Saiyan's services and spontaneously decides to destroy them. If the power is being transferred, Frieza would be looking at the Saiyans with fresh eyes, deciding that they are too powerful and could become a problem in the future.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:10 am

Imagine they're going to write in a plot element similar to Bardock's ability to see the future in the original OVA, except this time it's Goku that gets it and he can see the past with it. Cue emotional scene.

Dragono
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragono » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:27 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:This Movie is giving me some The Path to Power vibes which was the 10th DB Movie, in the sense this is the 20th movie and it's also retelling older stories in a different way.

The Path to Power did it with the first DB arc and Red Ribbon Army arc while changing some character designs too - kid Goku got his GT outfit and Bulma got purple hair.
This Movie is doing the same but with Bardock TV Special and Broly first Movie.
I hope this movie is half a good as that because I love the shit out of that movie.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:29 am

Doctor. wrote:Don't really know how I'd feel if Goku regains his memories during the movie. I feel it could be interesting but they'll likely fuck it up.
how optimistic of you....

Honestly, I really dont see anything wrong with the trailer outside of the lack of the rebellion scene with Bardick. Things like Vegeta's hair and Freeza looking too pink are not exactly "problems" with it. In the case of Vegeta, his hair was an inconsistency in the original episode of Bardock and all we see with Freeza is him looking younger. Even things like commenting on what armor they are wearing when it is perceived to be before they became part of Freeza's army, should wait until we actually have the full context of the scene.
Last edited by PFM18 on Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dragono
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragono » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:31 am

Michsi wrote:Imagine they're going to write in a plot element similar to Bardock's ability to see the future in the original OVA, except this time it's Goku that gets it and he can see the past with it. Cue emotional scene.
Well, that won't work because Goku doesn't care about the saiyans.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:35 am

Chuquita wrote:Re: Gokû's Kakarrotto memories.

I don't know what the in universe take on this is for saiyans, but I read for humans you can't remember much earlier than 3 years old because your still growing hippocampus is so overloaded with new experiences as a toddler that those earliest memories of being a baby can't be accessed anyway.

Gokû's Kakarrotto might remember a handful of vague memories, but it wouldn't be like someone older who lost their memories as a teen and suddenly recovered them. I don't know if recovering memories of being 3 would allow him to have any meaningful conversations with Vegeta about their home planet or anything.
what you're referring to is "infant amnesia." Humans can't form long term memories before the age of 3. It could be something similar with Saiyans in the sense that they can't normally remember these early memories, but they are stored in such a way that they can be triggered by something.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:51 am

Dragono wrote:Well, that won't work because Goku doesn't care about the saiyans.
I don't think that's completely true. At first, he was basically in denial, considering himself an Earthling rather than a Saiyan. But after Vegeta's death on Namek, he embraced both parts of his heritage and proclaimed himself a "Saiyan raised on Earth," and vowed to kill Frieza to avenge the Saiyans he killed.