Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by ricky84 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:40 pm

TheMikado wrote:
Low Tone G wrote:I wonder what will happen to Frieza? To be honest he still deserves to die...
He shouldn't be alive again in the first place....
Bringing him back for the ToP did make sense though, since they need the strongest fighters possible for help.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:42 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:Anyone know what the BR in Broly: BR stands for?
"Broli" Broli, essentially a way to differentiate him with old Broli

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:44 pm

ricky84 wrote:
Toxin45 wrote:
RecolorSaiyan wrote:Freeza should he killed in this movie by either Broly or Vegeta.
Nah Broly and vegeta are too busy trying to kill each other.
To be honest, I think the main reason why Freeza was brought back for the ToP was just to be used and killed in this movie. Either Broly or Vegeta doing it would satisfying.

One thing that would be even better is Broly or Vegeta killing Beerus after finding out about his role in Planet Vegeta's demise.
Nah that is a stupid idea. Killing of Frieza won't really do much and killing him again is just a bad idea.

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:51 pm

Toxin45 wrote:
ricky84 wrote:
Toxin45 wrote: Nah Broly and vegeta are too busy trying to kill each other.
To be honest, I think the main reason why Freeza was brought back for the ToP was just to be used and killed in this movie. Either Broly or Vegeta doing it would satisfying.

One thing that would be even better is Broly or Vegeta killing Beerus after finding out about his role in Planet Vegeta's demise.
Nah that is a stupid idea.
How? It would make sense for either of them to kill Beerus for what he did. Also, Broly killing Beerus would raise the film's stakes, since:

1. It would establish Broly as a Jiren level threat
2. It would take Whis out of the plot, since Angels are "deactivated" when their Hakaishin dies until they get replaced.
3. It would change the character dynamics on the series, since the Z-fighters (especially Vegeta) would no longer be fond of Beerus after finding out the truth. Hell, Beerus even tried to stop Whis from revealing the truth in RoF, likely because he knows how they would react.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:52 pm

ricky84 wrote:
Toxin45 wrote:
ricky84 wrote:

Nah that is a stupid idea.
How? It would make sense for either of them to kill Beerus for what he did. Also, Broly killing Beerus would raise the film's stakes, since:

1. It would establish Broly as a Jiren level threat
2. It would take Whis out of the plot, since Angels are "deactivated" when their Hakaishin dies until they get replaced.
3. It would change the character dynamics on the series, since the Z-fighters (especially Vegeta) would no longer be fond of Beerus after finding out the truth. Hell, Beerus even tried to stop Whis from revealing the truth in RoF, likely because he knows how they would react.
I ment killing Frieza off for the third time is really dumb.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:56 pm

Freeza will probably live for awhile until he tries to find some way to take over the God's as implied....but he'll likely be killed off or erased eventually. Probably not for a number of years from now though.

Post by #17 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:11 pm

Ni matter what... I hope the art style will be used for a future series... Would love to see 17 with it

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:26 pm

On TOEI-website i stll find the old trailer. I don't know if this is a leak TOEI actually wanted or not. If not, and if the crew with Nagamine and Nozama, especially travalled to US to present the new trailer, then i think this 'leak' was wrong. For godsake, give the people who worked hard on it at least the honour to present their work at Comic Con.

I wouldn't have mind to wait for a couple more days.
Last edited by Mister_Popo on Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TonyTheTiger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TonyTheTiger » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:29 pm

Toxin45 wrote:
ricky84 wrote:
Toxin45 wrote: Nah Broly and vegeta are too busy trying to kill each other.

Nah that is a stupid idea. Killing of Frieza won't really do much and killing him again is just a bad idea.
It's gotten to the point that killing Freeza is the Dragon Ball equivalent of putting him in jail. Leaving Freeza alive just saves them the trouble of having to figure out a new way for him to escape. I don't mind him staying alive, though. I've said before that I think the series has hit a point that it would benefit from having a more stable rogues gallery to draw from rather than continue the constant escalation that the original story was known for.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:30 pm

I do wonder what Beerus would have to say about a warrior in Universe 7 potentially being stronger than him who ISN'T Goku or Whis.

Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mnich » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:49 pm

Don't worry guys, they will probably fix everything while retelling this movie in the next DBS anime arc.

Anyway, I'm not gonna judge this movie after a mere trailer. Some things from it may still change in the final version.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:59 pm

Mnich wrote:Don't worry guys, they will probably fix everything while retelling this movie in the next DBS anime arc.

Anyway, I'm not gonna judge this movie after a mere trailer. Some things from it may still change in the final version.
One way or another they better fix it. Not pink Freeza though, keep that the same. It gives him a young look that I appreciate. Or Vegeta's kid hair, don't change that back.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:00 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:Anyone know what the BR in Broly: BR stands for?
Brazil I think it stands for Broly, which would make him "Broly: Broly" (or "Broly (Broly)" depending on how you want to stylise it).
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:46 pm

Ok, I have seen some people complaining about this so I want this to be put out there. Goku wearing saiyan armor when he is in his saiyan pod is not a retcon.The scene with baby goku and grandpa gohan was Filler in the anime and was never featured in the original manga. In Fact, correct me if I´m wrong but the only canon time we see baby goku is in dragon ball minus.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:48 pm

Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:Ok, I have seen some people complaining about this so I want this to be put out there. Goku wearing saiyan armor when he is in his saiyan pod is not a retcon.The scene with baby goku and grandpa gohan was Filler in the anime and was never featured in the original manga. In Fact, correct me if I´m wrong but the only canon time we see baby goku is in dragon ball minus.
That's not true.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:53 pm

Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:Ok, I have seen some people complaining about this so I want this to be put out there. Goku wearing saiyan armor when he is in his saiyan pod is not a retcon.The scene with baby goku and grandpa gohan was Filler in the anime and was never featured in the original manga. In Fact, correct me if I´m wrong but the only canon time we see baby goku is in dragon ball minus.
Raditz imagines him as a baby really early in the Saiyan arc, but Gine says he's been off on a distant planet with Vegeta so it's entirely possible that the last time he saw Goku, he was still a baby.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:01 pm

Doctor. wrote:
That's not true.
That's just Raditz imagining him as a baby.....

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:04 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
That's not true.
It's not the first time we see Goku as a baby regardless.

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:13 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Raditz imagines him as a baby really early in the Saiyan arc, but Gine says he's been off on a distant planet with Vegeta so it's entirely possible that the last time he saw Goku, he was still a baby.
There is a very good chance that him imagining him while he is still in his pod. Look back at the trailer and look at the panel. It looks very similar.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:15 pm

Doctor. wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
Doctor. wrote: That's not true.
It's not the first time we see Goku as a baby regardless.
Roshi also says Grampa Gohan found a baby, not a toddler, an actual baby which a 3 year old who can walk and fight is not.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):