Unanswered questions that you wish were answered?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Re: Unanswered questions that you wish were answered?

Post by ricky84 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:17 pm

Was it ever stated why Pan in GT couldn't turn SSJ?
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:21 pm

ricky84 wrote:Was it ever stated why Pan in GT couldn't turn SSJ?
I think it all boils down to wasted potential.

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:23 pm

Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:
I think it all boils down to wasted potential.
A lot of people use to say Pan never did it because women can't do it (we now know that's false thanks to DB Heroes, Online, Xenoverse and especially Super).
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:33 pm

ricky84 wrote:A lot of people use to say Pan never did it because women can't do it (we now know that's false thanks to DB Heroes, Online, Xenoverse and especially Super).
Technically, none of those things were canon or Toriyama's idea. Even in Super, Kale was created by TOEI, and Toriyama only made Caulifla as a companion to Kale. I think it's more likely that Pan never went Super because Goku was the center focus of the show, and Pan was just a side character. Even Vegeta only went SS4 to build up to SS4 Gogeta.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:49 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:
ricky84 wrote:A lot of people use to say Pan never did it because women can't do it (we now know that's false thanks to DB Heroes, Online, Xenoverse and especially Super).
Technically, none of those things were canon or Toriyama's idea. Even in Super, Kale was created by TOEI, and Toriyama only made Caulifla as a companion to Kale. I think it's more likely that Pan never went Super because Goku was the center focus of the show, and Pan was just a side character. Even Vegeta only went SS4 to build up to SS4 Gogeta.
Didn't Toriyama once say that he never made a female SSJ because he wouldn't know how to draw it? Which seems quite weird.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:34 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote:
Didn't Toriyama once say that he never made a female SSJ because he wouldn't know how to draw it? Which seems quite weird.
That's actually just another fan myth. Toriyama has never commented on female SSJs at all.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:44 am

I'd like to know why exactly Chi Chi was so vehemently against Gohan being trained in martial arts.

Also if there could potentially be other Legendary Super Saiyans besides Broly and Kale.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:36 am

Hulk10 wrote:I'd like to know why exactly Chi Chi was so vehemently against Gohan being trained in martial arts.
Because she didn't want him to end up like Goku.
Also if there could potentially be other Legendary Super Saiyans besides Broly and Kale.
I don't see why there couldn't be.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:57 pm

Hulk10 wrote:
There's supposed to be only one appearing every thousands of years (per each universe of course).

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:55 pm

ricky84 wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:
There's supposed to be only one appearing every thousands of years (per each universe of course).
I don't think that the legend meant that particular form.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssjcell » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:10 pm

Hulk10 wrote:
ricky84 wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:
Really? I think it was considering theres only one of him and there's so many super saiyans.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:23 pm

Ssjcell wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:
ricky84 wrote:
Really? I think it was considering theres only one of him and there's so many super saiyans.
The legends refer to the Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan God.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:56 am

Ssjcell wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:
ricky84 wrote:
Okay, so it's a little complicated. Originally, the legend was that a Super Saiyan appeared about once every one thousand years. The original Broly movie played with the idea of there being one specific Legendary Super Saiyan, but that wasn't canon. Now that Broly is being rebooted and made canon, I guess it depends on how they explain the transformation in the movie.

Dorexx
Regular

Post by Dorexx » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:30 am

One thing to consider is that unlike the previous series GT only takes place over the span of about a year (in-universe), so it's really just a short glimpse into the future. Pan probably can and did transform eventually.
酷签名

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:26 pm

Why does Kefla have both green and red ki? Can a user change their ki color.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:27 pm

Hulk10 wrote:Why does Kefla have both green and red ki? Can a user change their ki color.
I thought it depends on what technique is being used. SSJ Goku typically fires yellow ki blasts, but the Kamehameha is blue.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:33 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:Why does Kefla have both green and red ki? Can a user change their ki color.
I thought it depends on what technique is being used. SSJ Goku typically fires yellow ki blasts, but the Kamehameha is blue.
Well it seems to be an unanswered question.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:33 am

I think it's because they're a fused being. Half Super Saiyan 2, half Legendary Super Saiyan. But I don't know where the red comes from. lol

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:20 am

ZeroNeonix wrote:
I think it's because they're a fused being. Half Super Saiyan 2, half Legendary Super Saiyan. But I don't know where the red comes from. lol
Yeah, its an unanswered question.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:10 am

Hulk10 wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote:
Yeah, its an unanswered question.
Many of Caulifla's attacks were red.