Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:17 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
That's just Raditz imagining him as a baby.....
It's not the first time we see Goku as a baby regardless.
Roshi also says Grampa Gohan found a baby, not a toddler, an actual baby which a 3 year old who can walk and fight is not.
Remember how goku looked like a toddler when he was twelve. Sayains age much slower than humans so a 3 year old saiyan would look very similar to a baby human.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:24 pm

Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
Doctor. wrote: It's not the first time we see Goku as a baby regardless.
Roshi also says Grampa Gohan found a baby, not a toddler, an actual baby which a 3 year old who can walk and fight is not.
Remember how goku looked like a toddler when he was twelve. Sayains age much slower than humans so a 3 year old saiyan would look very similar to a baby human.
Goku looks like he's 8-9 when he's a kid, definitely not like a 3-year-old. Roshi's Japanese dialogue also specifically calls him a baby (akanbou). This coupled with Vegeta and Raditz statements is clearly supposed to say: this guy was a baby when he got sent over here, not a 3-year old, not a toddler, a baby.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:26 pm

:shh:
ekrolo2 wrote:Anyone know what the BR in Broly: BR stands for?

"Broken Restraint"? "Berserk"?

Anyways, I hope Nappa (who was strangely missing in DB: Minus) and Raditz make a cameo appearance with Vegeta.
Last edited by ShadowBardock89 on Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:28 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:Roshi also says Grampa Gohan found a baby, not a toddler, an actual baby which a 3 year old who can walk and fight is not.
Eh. Minus' version of things makes much more sense to me. Why would anyone send a baby to conquer a planet? A baby wouldn't even know what its goal was. It wouldn't know it was supposed to destroy all the local inhabitants. The baby, if it even survived, would likely grow up identifying with the locals rather than the Saiyans. Raditz's assumption that Goku bumped his head doesn't even make sense if Goku was a baby at the time. What difference does it make? What information did he have to forget from that bump on the head?

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:32 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:Roshi also says Grampa Gohan found a baby, not a toddler, an actual baby which a 3 year old who can walk and fight is not.
Eh. Minus' version of things makes much more sense to me. Why would anyone send a baby to conquer a planet? A baby wouldn't even know what its goal was. It wouldn't know it was supposed to destroy all the local inhabitants. The baby, if it even survived, would likely grow up identifying with the locals rather than the Saiyans. Raditz's assumption that Goku bumped his head doesn't even make sense if Goku was a baby at the time. What difference does it make? What information did he have to forget from that bump on the head?
Freeza's business model is idiotic regardless of what version you use, that's not really a defense or condemnation of either if you ask me.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:35 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:Eh. Minus' version of things makes much more sense to me. Why would anyone send a baby to conquer a planet? A baby wouldn't even know what its goal was. It wouldn't know it was supposed to destroy all the local inhabitants. The baby, if it even survived, would likely grow up identifying with the locals rather than the Saiyans. Raditz's assumption that Goku bumped his head doesn't even make sense if Goku was a baby at the time. What difference does it make? What information did he have to forget from that bump on the head?
Gine says he'd be an "infiltration baby" too, so there's that.

kudo6000
Beyond Newbie

Post by kudo6000 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:38 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote:Eh. Minus' version of things makes much more sense to me. Why would anyone send a baby to conquer a planet? A baby wouldn't even know what its goal was. It wouldn't know it was supposed to destroy all the local inhabitants. The baby, if it even survived, would likely grow up identifying with the locals rather than the Saiyans. Raditz's assumption that Goku bumped his head doesn't even make sense if Goku was a baby at the time. What difference does it make? What information did he have to forget from that bump on the head?
Gine says he'd be an "infiltration baby" too, so there's that.
Saw this conversation on another board yesterday. Apparently, Gine refers to him as a “child” in the Japanese Raws.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:40 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:
Wasn't it not so much the information but goku's temperment that changed? You're lead to believe a Saiyan would grow up with evil intentions from birth as if they were born to conquer. Theres probably some sort of conditioning as well before they are sent off but that last bit has never been proven.

And they send babies so when they grow up they conquer. I might be wrong about this but I beliebe they send babies to weak planets that arent worth adults time. But with only 28 planets (I guess there might have been as much as 100 at the time... Thanks Supreme Kai) that practice does seem rather dumb.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:50 pm

https://www.facebook.com/DBSuperOfficia ... ?__tn__=-R the panel is going to be streamed here if anyone wants to watch

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:44 pm

You can see it here too.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:52 pm

Well, that was kind of a waste of time. No real new information except for the english dub trailer and the next stop on the tour.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:00 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:
The problem is that the original manga still implied that Saiyans sending off babies to conquer planets is apparently something that they do in fact do. I agree that the concept silly, but I don’t think that’s why Toriyama retconned Goku’s backstory.

Oracle
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Oracle » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:05 pm

The Patrolman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by The Patrolman » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:09 pm

Freeza: Hello Monkeys

Ok wow man.
The Last Jedi is a terrible movie

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:11 pm

"Hello, monkeys."

What an... unnecessary change? Freeza's line was already condescending enough, you don't need to make it even more overt.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:13 pm

So...

...it turns out they are rebooting GT as well!
(sorry i just had to lol)

"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Baby Vegeta confirmed canon 8)

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:22 pm

The Patrolman wrote:Freeza: Hello Monkeys

Ok wow man.
Deliver of that line was perfect!

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:26 pm

I'm sure it's been answered somewhere but I'll ask again.

Are they doing a retcon so that Goku and Vegeta are now the same age?

The Patrolman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by The Patrolman » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:29 pm

Bullza wrote:I'm sure it's been answered somewhere but I'll ask again.

Are they doing a retcon so that Goku and Vegeta are now the same age?
Honestly, maybe, maybe not. For all we know the trailer could be misleading us
The Last Jedi is a terrible movie