"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by S3 Hendrix » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:53 am

Rakurai wrote:
Noitsnothim wrote:
Gohan123 wrote:Anyone know when Super Dragon Ball Heroes game translate to english ?
they're testing the game out in the Dragon Ball North American Tour to see if people overseas dig it and from what I've heard a lot of people seem to really do
if all reactions throughout the tour are positive then they'll start the talks of bring DBH or SDBH to america and everywhere else
Honestly, as much as I want it to come overseas, arcade culture in the states is simply too niche and inclusive to have a successful localization. Arcade machines cost money and fees to operate on top of making a profit. Not to mention translating 10 years' worth of in-game content and cards at this point.
They’re not translating any of the past missions ((from what we know) they’re starting with Universe mission. Also there are a few chain arcades in America like Dave and busters, chuck E Cheese, etc.. honestly at this point I’d say it has a 60% chance of getting a full release because after you play the demo at dragon tour they ask you to fill out a Survey on how much you liked the game
Last edited by S3 Hendrix on Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:59 am

So is november's release bringing a new arc for heroes?

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:02 am

S3 Hendrix wrote: They’re not translating any of the past missions ((from what we know) they’re starting with Universe mission. Also there are a few chain arcades in America like Dave and busters, chuck E Cheese, etc.. honestly at this point I’d say it has a 60% chance of getting a full release because after you play the demo at dragon tour they ask you to fill out a Survey on how much you liked the game
So SDBH basically? That seems more reasonable, however here's the issue: most American arcade venues are geared towards adults, not teens or kids, complete with a drinking bar. Places like Chuck E Cheese are fine, but the crowd don't consist of regulars that come back to play the arcade games and score high on the machines or the like. Arcades are very niche in America, and don't require additional equipment like cards to play which would make it even more of a hassle to play. It's not the same in Japan where a sizable portion of the computer entertainment revenue comes from arcades (https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.10 ... 04052-8_62).

Well, I can see fans buying the cards for the sake of just collecting them.

I feel like if they released UMX for the 3DS to begin with, they might've gotten a better sense of the reception to these sorts of games.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Goresh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Goresh » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:50 pm

Noitsnothim wrote:
Gohan123 wrote:Anyone know when Super Dragon Ball Heroes game translate to english ?
they're testing the game out in the Dragon Ball North American Tour to see if people overseas dig it and from what I've heard a lot of people seem to really do
if all reactions throughout the tour are positive then they'll start the talks of bring DBH or SDBH to america and everywhere else
The Dragon Ball North America Tour had a bunch of different locations and I’m pretty sure the only location where they had a sample of the translated game was in San Diego. After that they didn’t bother to try it out at any other venue. This is just my personal opinion but I give it about a 10% chance for the game to actually receive a full release outside of Japan. There are too many cultural differences between Japanese audiences and audiences of other countries (mainly the U.S. where the demo was tested). The game itself is part of a much bigger genre of arcade card games that has been extremely popular in Japan for a long time that currently does not exist in the U.S. Although it would be nice, I highly doubt we will ever see DBH be released in its arcade form outside of Japan. On the other hand, I could definitely see them releasing the 3DS version overseas without any problems.

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:46 pm

Goresh wrote:
Noitsnothim wrote:
The Dragon Ball North America Tour had a bunch of different locations and I’m pretty sure the only location where they had a sample of the translated game was in San Diego. After that they didn’t bother to try it out at any other venue. This is just my personal opinion but I give it about a 10% chance for the game to actually receive a full release outside of Japan. There are too many cultural differences between Japanese audiences and audiences of other countries (mainly the U.S. where the demo was tested). The game itself is part of a much bigger genre of arcade card games that has been extremely popular in Japan for a long time that currently does not exist in the U.S. Although it would be nice, I highly doubt we will ever see DBH be released in its arcade form outside of Japan. On the other hand, I could definitely see them releasing the 3DS version overseas without any problems.
It’s been tested at 2 so far and both where comic con, SDCC and NYCC(which was the most recent event) it did amazing both times and was extremely packed

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:56 pm

This is a really "behind on the times" thing to ask, but does anyone know the most convenient way to experience all the Heroes' story arcs starting with the Demon God stuff (I'm assuming this all started with the SDBH update) up to the present? The story has gotten me interested, and I'm curious to see the lead-up to the Prison Planet arc, since that arc seems to be a bit more of a bridge/crossover between DBS and DBH.

Should I just watch some YouTube videos and use the translations provided in this thread? Maybe even read through this thread itself starting from when the game was updated to SBDH? (I used to follow the thread, but I never paid too much attention to the actual story aspects for some reason)

Any help is appreciated!
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:14 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:This is a really "behind on the times" thing to ask, but does anyone know the most convenient way to experience all the Heroes' story arcs starting with the Demon God stuff (I'm assuming this all started with the SDBH update) up to the present? The story has gotten me interested, and I'm curious to see the lead-up to the Prison Planet arc, since that arc seems to be a bit more of a bridge/crossover between DBS and DBH.

Should I just watch some YouTube videos and use the translations provided in this thread? Maybe even read through this thread itself starting from when the game was updated to SBDH? (I used to follow the thread, but I never paid too much attention to the actual story aspects for some reason)

Any help is appreciated!
Read the "Victory mission" manga, most if not all storylines are adapted into it

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:19 pm

CTAkuma wrote:
Anime Kitten wrote:This is a really "behind on the times" thing to ask, but does anyone know the most convenient way to experience all the Heroes' story arcs starting with the Demon God stuff (I'm assuming this all started with the SDBH update) up to the present? The story has gotten me interested, and I'm curious to see the lead-up to the Prison Planet arc, since that arc seems to be a bit more of a bridge/crossover between DBS and DBH.

Any help is appreciated!
Read the "Victory mission" manga, most if not all storylines are adapted into it
The Victory mission manga is that by Toyotaro. It has its own story featuring Beat and Note, two humans that play the game, and does not include SDBH stuff which is what OP wants. That's Nagayama's manga, which even then is different from the arcade in-game events.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:59 pm

CTAkuma wrote:

Any help is appreciated!
Victory mission has nothing to do with the demon realm plot of heroes or really any arcade story plot in general and is it’s own story(the only exception of this is the first 2 chapters)

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:48 pm

Any help is appreciated!
You can read the Victory Mission manga if you want to, but the story is completely different, with the avatars being real people who enter the game world.

The current Heroes story starts with the Demon Realm Mission manga and then leads to Prison Planet. There's also the Demigra Assault arc, but it's only in the game so far.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:38 pm

So guys what are your prediction of the state of Super Dragon Ball Heroes by the end of this year ? What we will have and what we will know ? And do you think there will be a node to the upcoming movie ?
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Goresh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Goresh » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:58 am

S3 Hendrix wrote:
Goresh wrote:
Noitsnothim wrote: they're testing the game out in the Dragon Ball North American Tour to see if people overseas dig it and from what I've heard a lot of people seem to really do
It’s been tested at 2 so far and both where comic con, SDCC and NYCC(which was the most recent event) it did amazing both times and was extremely packed
I was at NYCC and they did not have it there. I even asked around for it and they said they only had it at SDCC.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:26 am

Thank you for the help, everyone! I'll be sure to check out the manga, it seems like a fun ride :D
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:And do you think there will be a node to the upcoming movie ?
On this note, I wonder if DBS Broli will get SS3 or 4 sometime after the movie releases. I'm a bit curious how his new design would look in those forms.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:18 am

Anime Kitten wrote:Thank you for the help, everyone! I'll be sure to check out the manga, it seems like a fun ride :D
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:And do you think there will be a node to the upcoming movie ?
On this note, I wonder if DBS Broli will get SS3 or 4 sometime after the movie releases. I'm a bit curious how his new design would look in those forms.
depends if he survives to carry on in the series. They dont tend to give out stuff to characters who are still relevant in series to avoid treading on the source materials feet

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:42 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Anime Kitten wrote:Thank you for the help, everyone! I'll be sure to check out the manga, it seems like a fun ride :D
depends if he survives to carry on in the series. They dont tend to give out stuff to characters who are still relevant in series to avoid treading on the source materials feet
Of course he will survive and mark my word he will even become a good guy.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:39 pm

Goresh wrote:
S3 Hendrix wrote:
Goresh wrote:
I was at NYCC and they did not have it there. I even asked around for it and they said they only had it at SDCC.
Can confirm, was at NYCC and zero sightings of DBH arcades anywhere.

Next time it would be better if posters here don't jump to conclusions like it was in SDCC so it must've been at NYCC and did just as well. The fact that it wasn't in NYCC just doesn't bode too well for an overseas localization imo.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:24 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:

Of course he will survive and mark my word he will even become a good guy.
I'm waiting gleefully to see if this turns out to be the case, and if Paragus is allowed to survive as well. We could use an elder saiyan in the roster to help the briefs family, give more background to the race through exposition, maybe even explore the idea of a fighter who uses tech as well as power? I think old man paragus could be like a grandpa figure to the kids and even help out in some of the hijinks with the pilaf gang, goten and trunks while also being able to step onto the battlefield with his son. Theres a lot you can do with an elder from a warrior race, but i half expect broly to just kill him again

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:36 pm

Yeah now it's a matter of waiting to see what happen lol

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:56 pm

since we are apparently continuing this arc longer, what are the odds of more kanba forms after 3?

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:31 am

I lose track of what goes on with this but did Alakazam translate Chapter 3 and 4 of Universe Mission?