Legendary Super Saiyan is Super Saiyan 2.

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Legendary Super Saiyan is Super Saiyan 2.

Post by Hulk10 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:09 am

Does anyone else agree with the idea that the Legendary Super Saiyan is a Legendary Saiyan's Super Saiyan 2 form? At least one of the Daizenshuu's says so. Or so I'm told.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Re: Legendary Super Saiyan is Super Saiyan 2.

Post by theherodjl » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:28 am

I've heard of LSSJ being referenced as Broly's own form, and as a level beyond SSJ, but not necessarily that LSSJ is straight-up SSJ2 by another label. Its somewhat implied in the video game canon that LSSJ is Broly's version of SSJ2 since there is seemingly no gap of forms between LSSJ & SSJ3 for him, but then again we have yet to see a SSJ2 Gotenks as well despite the fact that we know he can access it.
I'd settle for LSSJ just being another form of "ascended" SSJ since LSSJ shares little in common with SSJ2 in appearance, and more like a souped-up version of SSJG3 that has less drawbacks regarding motion & stamina.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:38 pm

The Miracle Battle Carddass game has given Broli both the Legendary Super Saiyan form as well as a Super Saiyan 2 transformation. You can argue the semantics of the term's usage for him or whether it's an error, I guess. But it does exists separate from his typical labels.
(There's also the debacle with Kale and her transformation labels in various mediums, as well as Broli and whatever he's doing in his upcoming movie. It's fairly messy.)
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:11 pm

Kale is quite streamlined:
she has Super Saiyan, Berserker and Super Saiyan 2

Her buff for has been described as "Super Saiyan" only in the DVD\BRD booklet which aren't exactly precise on such things, as they usually use "working names" and not "official names"
Her buff form has been described as "legendary devil saiyan" in the manga though

For Broly, Broly:BR has his buff form called "Full Power" from the start, so I'd guess we can take it for Classic Broly as well, which would explain why all his further transformations are based on his buff form, even SS4

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:22 pm

I've thought for years now that the 'Grade' forms, Broli and Kale's Legendary form, and the proper Super Saiyan 2 are all basically just branching-pathways of the same form, tapping into that same "beyond Super Saiyan" pool of power in each their own way. It mostly just depends on what kind of training you do, or if you get help from special mutations for the 'Legendary' version.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:42 pm

Someone on Dragonball.wikia.com thinks that the Legendary Super Saiyan form is a SS2.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:59 pm

Hulk10 wrote:Someone on Dragonball.wikia.com thinks that the Legendary Super Saiyan form is a SS2.
Well then they're wrong. I stopped using the DB wiki long ago due to the site heavily referencing material that only existed in the initial Ocean dub & eventual Funi dub which took liberties with what the original material had stated.
Don't even get me started on Bardock being a "brilliant scientist" or Bulma forcing Yamcha to give her a foot massage....
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:13 pm

theherodjl wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:Someone on Dragonball.wikia.com thinks that the Legendary Super Saiyan form is a SS2.
Well then they're wrong. I stopped using the DB wiki long ago due to the site heavily referencing material that only existed in the initial Ocean dub & eventual Funi dub which took liberties with what the original material had stated.
Don't even get me started on Bardock being a "brilliant scientist" or Bulma forcing Yamcha to give her a foot massage....
They claimed that Daizenshuu supported their claim. I came on here because I couldn't agree with the idea that Goku was the only Saiyan who could transform into an SS4 at will.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:41 pm

Kaboom wrote:I've thought for years now that the 'Grade' forms, Broli and Kale's Legendary form, and the proper Super Saiyan 2 are all basically just branching-pathways of the same form, tapping into that same "beyond Super Saiyan" pool of power in each their own way. It mostly just depends on what kind of training you do, or if you get help from special mutations for the 'Legendary' version.
All the Grades and Numbered transformations are just tweaks on the basic Super Saiyan transformation.

The only apparent exception was Broly's buff form, which was usually attributed to Broly himself being "different"(mutant, legendary or whatever) not the "transformation".
This is somehow supported by Broly:BR being just classified as his "Full Power"

Kale doesn't fits neatly, but she is from a iteration of the Saiyan race that evolved differently, so she sholdn't be taken in account unless Broly:BR has similar problems of self-control in Full Power but surpassing them he slims down.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:37 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote:
Kaboom wrote:I've thought for years now that the 'Grade' forms, Broli and Kale's Legendary form, and the proper Super Saiyan 2 are all basically just branching-pathways of the same form, tapping into that same "beyond Super Saiyan" pool of power in each their own way. It mostly just depends on what kind of training you do, or if you get help from special mutations for the 'Legendary' version.
All the Grades and Numbered transformations are just tweaks on the basic Super Saiyan transformation.

The only apparent exception was Broly's buff form, which was usually attributed to Broly himself being "different"(mutant, legendary or whatever) not the "transformation".
This is somehow supported by Broly:BR being just classified as his "Full Power"

Kale doesn't fits neatly, but she is from a iteration of the Saiyan race that evolved differently, so she sholdn't be taken in account unless Broly:BR has similar problems of self-control in Full Power but surpassing them he slims down.
SSJ4 is also separate from the Super Saiyan transformation line. :think: