What would you rate DBS out of 10?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Re: What would you rate DBS out of 10?

Post by Freeza9000 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:03 pm

supersaiyanZero wrote:
ZombieVito wrote:
wolflonnie wrote: Nah, it still has interesting concepts ("healer Trunks", multiple Zamasus, Complete SSB, GoD tournament) and nice drawings, so it's still a 2 to me :D
I'll give you the GoD battle but the rest?

Awful.
You mean more grounded, consistent characters? A much more cohesive story? Artwork that doesn't look like two plastic toys hitting each other in the same horizontal angle over and over again?

Yeah, really awful.
By no means am I implying the anime anything other than a migraine-inducing clusterfuck of a warzone 90% of the time, but being “cohesive” is hardly what I would give the manga that much credit for.

SsjCookie
Beyond Newbie

Post by SsjCookie » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:03 am

7/10

It had some great moments opposed to being horrible at times, so I'll stay neutral.

I didn't like the animation style of Super however, main characters look weak and childish most of the time in comparison with the animation style of DBZ.

Nokra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nokra » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:04 am

Can't rate something that isn't finished yet.

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:31 pm

4/10. Even when the animation was good (which wasn't often), it still had that awful Yamamuro inspired art style. Now, if the story was actually worth writing home about maybe I'd feel differently, but the best arc, the Zamasu arc, fell so hard on its face near the end that it's laughable.