Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP NO MORE UPDATES TO THE OP NOW DEAD)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 22/10/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:14 am

FlpShimizu wrote:Price aside, it looks much better than UI Goku and SSBE Vegeta.
Definitely miles better! But 14,000yen is far too much, that's basically the base cost of buying ~11 Banpresto regular prize figures in Japan.

Speaking of Gigantic Series Evolution Vegeta, Bandai sent them out today fans in Japan should get them tomorrow. Be interesting to see if the final version looks any better (doubt it UI Goku somehow looked worse!)

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 22/10/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:19 pm

Life size Broly statue obviously not for sale. I wouldn't mind paying ¥14,040 for this. :P
More movie merch promotions:

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:10 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Hey, that SSB Goku has the odd bang!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:12 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Hey, that SSB Goku has the odd bang!
Sadly the bang now seems the exception rather than the rule.

I wonder if that's why this past year Nakazawa stopped sculpting SSGSS Goku's with a bang even before the movie merch. Like he was maybe aware of it beforehand.

DasMuse
Beyond Newbie

Post by DasMuse » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:45 pm

Damn them for raising the price that much for Gigantic Goku Black... Because they know suckers like me will pay it. And I will... It does look very good in comparison to previous releases, so I don't mind as much.
This will be my first Gigantic series figure. I know i said this about SSBE Vegeta, but I ended up not really liking the final product. UI Goku looks super weird because they decided to make sure all 6 of his abs were showing, when only 4 should be.

Any idea when gigantic black is going up for sale? I want to order it as early as possible since I noticed the others prices rising as it got closer to release.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:38 am

More movie stationery stuff from Showa Note:

======
DasMuse wrote:Damn them for raising the price that much for Gigantic Goku Black... Because they know suckers like me will pay it. And I will... It does look very good in comparison to previous releases, so I don't mind as much.
This will be my first Gigantic series figure. I know i said this about SSBE Vegeta, but I ended up not really liking the final product. UI Goku looks super weird because they decided to make sure all 6 of his abs were showing, when only 4 should be.

Any idea when gigantic black is going up for sale? I want to order it as early as possible since I noticed the others prices rising as it got closer to release.
Since a majority of DB merch is aimed at basically us rather than kids especially when it comes to figures Bandai know people like us will buy regardless, I go ahead and still order the HG Premium figures (though I haven't for the U6 one because it's more than even the Gigantic series Black!). So they slowly but surely jack the prices up.

Reservation starts now:
https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000130198/

I usually use Nin-nin games for P Bandai HG stuff they have the Gigantic series listed but unfortunately require immediate payment and that's seems a lot to give upfront. Nippon Yasan have it listed for ¥14,500 with pay later but I've never used them before.

Big bad toy store usually list the Gigantic series too. Could wait for them.

DasMuse
Beyond Newbie

Post by DasMuse » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:57 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:More movie stationery stuff from Showa Note:

======
DasMuse wrote:Damn them for raising the price that much for Gigantic Goku Black... Because they know suckers like me will pay it. And I will... It does look very good in comparison to previous releases, so I don't mind as much.

Since a majority of DB merch is aimed at basically us rather than kids especially when it comes to figures Bandai know people like us will buy regardless, I go ahead and still order the HG Premium figures (though I haven't for the U6 one because it's more than even the Gigantic series Black!). So they slowly but surely jack the prices up.

Reservation starts now:
https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000130198/

I usually use Nin-nin games for P Bandai HG stuff they have the Gigantic series listed but unfortunately require immediate payment and that's seems a lot to give upfront. Nippon Yasan have it listed for ¥14,500 with pay later but I've never used them before.

Big bad toy store usually list the Gigantic series too. Could wait for them.
I went with Nin-Nin games since you vouched for them and it came out the cheapest with fast shipping. Thank's much. Can't wait to get this.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 06/10/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:17 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:What characters can possibly be hiding on a SDBH themed wave?
I imagine one of them is SS4 Vegito. The other could possibly be Gogeta or some new transformation for Cumber. Edit: I bet it's SS3 Cumber. I don't think he's been "officially" unveiled yet.
Add blue shirt RF UI Goku in the mix:
I am betting they're gonna make the Transcendence art figure that, since they're playing that line safe. They considered new outfit Vegetto a secret too so I can see them hiding blue shirt RF UI Goku.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:04 pm

WCF Vol. 1
One still blanked.

2&3
One still blank on vol.3

Those probably the Gogeta's.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:40 pm

SSGSS Goku wrote:So I was looking through LunarToyStore for preorders for the Broly WCFs and then found this
https://www.lunartoystore.com/4983164357905
https://www.lunartoystore.com/4983164357899
https://www.lunartoystore.com/4983164357882
https://www.lunartoystore.com/4983164357875
Good find! Next VG Kuji, Fighterz makes sense. I was told one of the next Kuji's wouldn't be for me thought it would be the Cell VS EXISTENCE this equally as disappointing. Lol. More money to save for the Dokkan Kuji!

I was told there would be several overseas versions for the Dokkan Kuji... Looking increasingly likely that doesn't seem to be the case especially now the next Kuji is getting listed. The actual IBK prices in Japan aren't bad anymore, over week since the October IBK and LO Goku dropped to ~5000yen. Picked one up for around that
But the weight of it was over 2kg so can't be shipped via small packet...(I planned on shipping it separately from my other October stuff but since it couldn't be sent via small packet I checked how much it would cost to ship everything together and turned out I'd only spend ¥60 more than planned so that was quite fortunate)
But the Dokkan Kuji's don't look like they'll be that heavy the March & May one's came under 2kg so hopefully we're good.

Btw if anyone is interested someone on eBay's listed the LO Prize for $70 free p&p that's a fantastic deal.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:54 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:WCF Vol. 1
One still blanked.

2&3
One still blank on vol.3

I'm surprised at the lack of Gine and King Cold.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:00 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:WCF Vol. 1
One still blanked.

2&3
One still blank on vol.3

I'm surprised at the lack of Gine and King Cold.
Them two over Raditz and Nappa would have been good. Or hell even Cheelai, Lemo, or the other two Freeza henchmen. Actual new characters. F**king Raditz and Nappa such a waste. Even SSG Goku, Piccolo, Beerus, Whis, present day Freeza or SSGSS Vegeta. All would have been better compared to those two.

Other than that I am happy with the choices don't regret pre ordering the full sets.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:28 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote: I'm surprised at the lack of Gine and King Cold.
I think the WCF Gine we already got has the same color scheme as in the movie, that could be a reason. WCF Bardock and Goku previously had green armor, but for Gine it was yellow/brown, like what they're wearing now

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:11 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Them two over Raditz and Nappa would have been good. Or hell even Cheelai, Lemo, or the other two Freeza henchmen. Actual new characters. F**king Raditz and Nappa such a waste. Even SSG Goku, Piccolo, Beerus, Whis, present day Freeza or SSGSS Vegeta. All would have been better compared to those two.

Other than that I am happy with the choices don't regret pre ordering the full sets.
They really could have used another volume or two. Oh well, if the TV anime ends up retelling the movie then they have more stuff for future volumes.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:24 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Them two over Raditz and Nappa would have been good. Or hell even Cheelai, Lemo, or the other two Freeza henchmen. Actual new characters. F**king Raditz and Nappa such a waste. Even SSG Goku, Piccolo, Beerus, Whis, present day Freeza or SSGSS Vegeta. All would have been better compared to those two.

They really could have used another volume or two. Oh well, if the TV anime ends up retelling the movie then they have mores stuff for future volumes.
Nakazawa is doing 18 WCFs to be released in 3 months plus his Ultimate Soldiers line and potentially Ichiban Kuji. Makes sense they'd only make 3 volumes.

Maybe more will be released later like you said. Retelling definitely will like BoG and "F".

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:48 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Image
Huh, King Vegeta's hair actually looks black here. That's kinda neat.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:04 am

February & March Bandai Gashapon:

Feb Week 5 DBS x SDBH SF #05:
Vegeta SSGSS EVOLUTION
Broly SS: BR
Broly (Anger):BR
SS4 Bardock
SS4 Gohan
??? (Probably UI Goku)

March Week 4 DBS VS #10:
Son Goku
Freeza
Gotenks adult
Android #21

Feb Week 2 DBS UDM THE BEST #29:
SSGSS Son Goku (Kaioken)
Jiren
Bergamo
SS3 Bardock
SSGSS Vegetto

Meh. SF's on paper looks good but VS another disappointment but again more base Goku merch so can't complain too much. Come the f**k on though they have a Heroes line already why shove more Heroes crap in our other DBS lines? So annoying.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:14 am

Wait, is that another new Blue Evolved figure?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:49 am

ArchedThunder wrote:Wait, is that another new Blue Evolved figure?
Indeed! Scans should leak in a few days. Bandai literally done everything with the form now just waiting for Banpresto to do something. Grandista would be ideal but I feel like Broly will probably be the next one.