"Dragon Ball Super: Broly" - Animation Hub [Updated: 20/07]

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jaetinh
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super: Broly" - Animation Hub [Updated: 20/07]

Post by Jaetinh » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:05 am

Vegeta and Raditz are cute as hell, I dig the designs.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:24 pm

Kid Broly & Kakaort are just too adorable! Kid Vegeta is fine, not feeling Raditz though.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:10 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Kid Broly & Kakaort are just too adorable! Kid Vegeta is fine, not feeling Raditz though.
It's pretty much one to one with the Minus look.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:25 am

Furiza wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:
They could have been more original when it comes to the color scheme and damn, kid Vegeta design is terrible.
Kid Vegeta looks awesome in my eyes.
Good for you, man.

For me Raditz designs looks terrible too as is just a copy & paste of Kid Vegeta design with a lengthy hair.

The best design we got so far from the past Saiyans was this one:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyanZero » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:00 pm

Looks almost exactly like that general from Akira.

Amir
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Amir » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:01 am

I can't understand why the Ratitz design would be considered terrible, what's actually flawed about it?

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:39 pm

Amir wrote:I can't understand why the Ratitz design would be considered terrible, what's actually flawed about it?
BECAUSE HIS TAIL IS NOT FIRMLY WRAPPED AROUND HIS WAIST!!!111 :lol:

Seriously, nothing is wrong with it unless you nitpick it with nerd glasses. Radditz is a kid, kids aren't that conscious concerning such things.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:35 pm

Furiza wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:
They could have been more original when it comes to the color scheme and damn, kid Vegeta design is terrible.
I have two problems with it.

The first one is that he's too slim, which clearly is one of the main flaws in Toriyama's current style. The other three are okay, but all them could be more "chubby".
See Toei Kid Vegeta and Kid Gohan designs for example.

The second one is that kid Vegeta is a prince and with this design, he doesn't stand out from the others. The old design did a great job with that by giving him a cape and the royal crest on his armour. Even without knowing nothing about DB, when comparing him to other Saiyans you know he's someone important. With this design he just seems another normal Saiyan instead of someone from royalty. King Vegeta got a slight redesign but you can still tell he's someone important by looking at him. Kid Vegeta however, not really. All their outfits having the same color scheme doesn't help either.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:21 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
Furiza wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:
I have two problems with it.

The first one is that he's too slim, which clearly is one of the main flaws in Toriyama's current style. The other three are okay, but all them could be more "chubby".
See Toei Kid Vegeta and Kid Gohan designs for example.

The second one is that kid Vegeta is a prince and with this design, he doesn't stand out from the others. The old design did a great job with that by giving him a cape and the royal crest on his armour. Even without knowing nothing about DB, when comparing him to other Saiyans you know he's someone important. With this design he just seems another normal Saiyan instead of someone from royalty. King Vegeta got a slight redesign but you can still tell he's someone important by looking at him. Kid Vegeta however, not really. All their outfits having the same color scheme doesn't help either.
I mean, the lack of a cape and the such is pretty obviously a reference to how he doesn't wear a cape as an adult, not to mention, his on the frontier, so whether his a prince or not probably means less than squat when annihilating planets.

The thing about Vegeta, is that he always looked unimposing in juxtaposition to the other Saiyans like Nappa and Raditz, while simultaneously being far more dangerous than them.

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:54 pm

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:06 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
TheOne wrote:Stop posting that video link as if everyone’s going to agree with you that “the animation sucks”. It looks great.

Goodness. Stop complaining about dragon ball content. People spent years wanting more, and now that you have more you want to complain about style of animation.

Some things are worth complaining about due to poor execution. But don’t just assume that just because of you and a handful of other hardcore obsessors have a problem with Yamamuros art style, doesn’t mean the rest of us do.
New content doesn't get a free pass just because sections of the fandom have been clamoring for more over the years. Nothing is exempt from criticism. And you certainly don't get to dictate what other members are allowed to criticize, or discuss, here on the forum just because you disagree with it. Everyone is allowed to express their opinion on just about any subject, positive or negative, so long as they're civil about it.

If you have something to say about the contents of the video, then discuss that. But taking this attitude towards your fellow forum members is unwarranted.

Way to show your own personal bias. Majority of the people here have a condescending attitude towards these promo videos due to their dislike of the animator. Why in the world would you single me out when everyday you have people saying much worse things than what I said? All I essentially said was stop pretending as if everyone on this board agrees with what you’re saying. Especially since you’re part of the small percentage of the fan base that complain about it online. You’re acting as if I was trying to make things personal. It’s a general frustration with the people in the fan base constantly complaining.
How i predict the tournament will end:

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:47 pm

You received a perfectly acceptable and incredibly reasonable response from a forum moderator. Take the free warning, please, and move on.

As a reminder, account strikes add up to temporary/permanent bans, which revoke access to the entirety of the Kanzenshuu website. It would be a shame if you suddenly became unable to discuss the items that you so clearly are interested in discussing with your fellow fans.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:50 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote:
This may be my favourite designs for the Movie. SSG is my favourite form and these designs are perfect!
A great example of how to make characters skinnier but still appealing.

Amir
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Amir » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:09 pm

I hate the round eyes shape and the face overall. Looks childish and weird.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:07 pm

Amir wrote:I hate the round eyes shape and the face overall. Looks childish and weird.
Oval eyes on Goku are the best in my opinion. Was hoping that Shintani would bring them over to SS/SSGSS Goku but alas not.

Eye shapes changing in transformations still weird to me.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:54 am

Slant eyes Goku in the SSG designs looks odd.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:46 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote:
I might be the only who got sick of this same pose of SSJG Goku over and over again, I mean we even got a same one for his UI design! For F's sake Toriyama, it's freaking five years old!
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:21 pm

Noah wrote:
RecolorSaiyan wrote:
I might be the only who got sick of this same pose of SSJG Goku over and over again, I mean we even got a same one for his UI design! For F's sake Toriyama, it's freaking five years old!
I mean it's just the model sheet, the only thing it affects is merchandise and promo art and the little promotion SSG Goku has got the pose hasn't been regurgitated.

Plus I highly doubt Toriyama did designs for existing characters and forms.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:05 pm

Since these haven't been posted yet:
That Broly. My God...

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:04 pm

Honestly that Broly could be even better if he didn't had that highlight on his face.
Seems like it may be from the same scene that this. Whoever that is, is standing out like a sore thumb.

Kinda disappointed with the lack of battle damage in the first shot too. How they look so clean with their outfits like that?! We got a great director and character designer, now the next step would be stopping with the ridiculous censorship.