"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Noah » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:40 pm

I so would dig a console game with these graphics, having at least 300+ characters... Gosh I miss Tenkaichi/Raging Blast series
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:54 am

https://imgur.com/gallery/9Y0PKsR

Here’s the art for the universe mission 5 sec cards

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:47 am

S3 Hendrix wrote:https://imgur.com/gallery/9Y0PKsR

So just UI, SS4 Vegetto and SS Broli?

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:47 pm

S3 Hendrix wrote:https://imgur.com/gallery/9Y0PKsR

that's bloody underwhelming

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:08 am

Can someone translate Xeno Vegetto's technique and the new variation of the Kamehameha?
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:47 am

Grimlock wrote:Can someone translate Xeno Vegetto's technique and the new variation of the Kamehameha?
Xeno Vegito's attack is called "Galaxy Spirit Sword".
UI Goku's move is called something like "Ultimate Movement Kamehameha", I think. It uses the words "kyuukyoku", the same word as was used in the title that one insert song (ka-ka-ka-ka-kachi daze etc. etc.), and "gokui", which is part of UI's Japanese name, "migatte no gokui". Someone with more Japanese knowledge than me can probably give a more accurate name, though.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:29 pm

Really hoping the Prison planet doesnt end here.

Goresh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Goresh » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:44 pm

Grimlock wrote:Can someone translate Xeno Vegetto's technique and the new variation of the Kamehameha?
SSJ4 Vegito: Xeno
CAA name: Devastating Blow of the Fused Warrior
Super Attack: Galaxy Spirit Sword
Passive: The Unknown Fused Warrior

Ultra Instinct Goku
CAA name: Instinctual Ultimate Dragon Fist
Super Attack: Almighty Kamehameha
Passive: Power Awakened through Extremity

If you want to get technical about UI Goku’s Super Attack name, it would be something along the lines of “Kamehameha of the deepest level of ultimateness.” 究極 refers to the pinnacle or ultimate level of something and 極意 refers to the deepest level of a certain technique, ability, or body of knowledge. Hence, the 極意 of 身勝手の極意 is popularly translated as “ultra.” But, as always, there are many different ways to translate things from Japanese to English and vice versa so I’m going with the translation above.

As usual, I will cover all of the Ultimate rare and SEC cards in detail when I post my set review.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:28 pm

Is there an image of the back of the Broly card too? What about full images of the fronts of the cards?

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:58 pm

Goresh wrote:If you want to get technical about UI Goku’s Super Attack name, it would be something along the lines of “Kamehameha of the deepest level of ultimateness.” 究極 refers to the pinnacle or ultimate level of something and 極意 refers to the deepest level of a certain technique, ability, or body of knowledge. Hence, the 極意 of 身勝手の極意 is popularly translated as “ultra.” But, as always, there are many different ways to translate things from Japanese to English and vice versa so I’m going with the translation above.
I'd go with Ultimate Instinct Kamehameha: Dokkan translated 未完成の極意 as Unpolished Instinct after all.

Or, if we want a more correct translation, I'd say "Ultimate" is the adjective, so either "Ultimate Innermost Secrets Kamehameha" or "Ultimate Innermost Secrets OF Kamehameha"

That said, "Galaxy Spirit Sword" is interesting... suggests an absolutely gigantic spirit sword

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:19 pm

Any name for SS Broly's attack?

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:23 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote:
Goresh wrote:If you want to get technical about UI Goku’s Super Attack name, it would be something along the lines of “Kamehameha of the deepest level of ultimateness.” 究極 refers to the pinnacle or ultimate level of something and 極意 refers to the deepest level of a certain technique, ability, or body of knowledge. Hence, the 極意 of 身勝手の極意 is popularly translated as “ultra.” But, as always, there are many different ways to translate things from Japanese to English and vice versa so I’m going with the translation above.
I'd go with Ultimate Instinct Kamehameha: Dokkan translated 未完成の極意 as Unpolished Instinct after all.

Or, if we want a more correct translation, I'd say "Ultimate" is the adjective, so either "Ultimate Innermost Secrets Kamehameha" or "Ultimate Innermost Secrets OF Kamehameha"

That said, "Galaxy Spirit Sword" is interesting... suggests an absolutely gigantic spirit sword
I remember seeing the gameplay trailer of Universe Mission 5, and it seemed like SS4 Xeno Vegetto was charging up what looked like a God Final Kamehameha. What if Galaxy Spirit Sword is actually a Final Kamehameha that turns into a Spirit Sword?

Goresh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Goresh » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:29 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote:

Yeah, I do the translations for Dokkan so I know. It just doesn't seem right to call it that since technically it's not correct.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:01 am

Broly card front and back.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:08 am

The three SEC without watermarks

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:26 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:The three SEC without watermarks

Man, those auras in Vegetto and Goku are too dense, most noticeably around the forearms and legs, weird to see that when auras are always transparent when close to the body parts.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:48 pm

given this broly isnt his big green version, I wonder if we will get a part 2 broly set with more saiyans and content from the film. Beets was very out of the blue, but I'm wondering if we will see kid goku, raditz, vegeta and broly, perhaps BR versions of Bardock's squad or other things to come?

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:50 pm

What's the name of Broly's attack?

EDIT: Seems to be Gigantic Omegastorm. Oh dang.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:02 pm

Dragon Wukong wrote:What's the name of Broly's attack?

EDIT: Seems to be Gigantic Omegastorm. Oh dang.
which is an interesting way to name your kamehameha, but I'm not picking a fight with Broly on this

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:12 pm

Lukmendes wrote: Man, those auras in Vegetto and Goku are too dense, most noticeably around the forearms and legs, weird to see that when auras are always transparent when close to the body parts.
I'd chalk that weirdness to the foil in the cards, those rarely look good scanned.