Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Extreme_kai
Beyond Newbie

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Extreme_kai » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:54 pm

Extreme_kai wrote:The more I see revealed the less likely I think we'll be getting a Freeza team up with Vegeta and Goku during the finale. Every Freeza scene we see he's in a volcanic area, while with Goku and Vegeta they are in icy areas. Unless Broly's sheer power rips apart the environment and reduces it to a volcanic hellscape, I doubt those characters will fight together in this movie.
Bleh, nvm. I just rewatched and it's clear that Goku and the others fight in that volcanic area as well. I guess Broly just blew up the place.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:55 pm

Luso Saiyan wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:This could mean Bardock might get the other armor later on :thumbup: not necessarily green, but still, looking like in the manga
Yes, there's nothing preventing that from happening. Between the moment he sends Goku away and when he makes his last stand, there is one whole month. Plenty of time to get another armor.
I wonder if they'll adjust the scene with Bardock so that his armor is cracked like it is in the manga? That'd be a perfect excuse to get a new suit.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:00 pm

Chuquita wrote: Where's the fun Toriyama dialogue? Where's the plot? Give me some story beat! Give me Paragus airing his grievances. Give me new Brolli distinguishing himself from Movie 8 Brolli.
You're right. Going by the trailers alone, it's just the same old Broly with a new design.
Either there's not much difference between both after all or they are just playing safe to not divide his fanbase.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:02 pm

I'd have to concur with everyone disappointed at the lack of story elements in the trailer. I'm also not super crazy about Takahashi's presence in this film, but I do take guilty pleasure in that glorious Super Saiyan God fanservice.

The previous trailer is still easily the best one.
Last edited by Marlowe89 on Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:02 pm

It says on Toei's YouTube channel that this is the final trailer. So I don't know what the hell they're gonna show off at Jump Anime Festa.

Saturnine

Post by Saturnine » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:04 pm

What's different in this movie from other movies is that I expect the fight to be really protracted. Fights in DBZ were never very long, and if they were it was at the cost of many interruptions and standing around powering up or hurling taunts. This here shows promise of a 10-20 min uninterrupted fight, which is quite an amazing thing to think about, really.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:11 pm

Amazing trailer IMO.

They give us action instead of plot, and I love this. I don't have the "spoiler spoiler spoiler where is my spoiler" fever, so I want to see the movie knowing as little as possible.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:14 pm

What is even the point of this trailer?

That the visuals are great? We already knew that.
That Freeza blows up Planet Vegeta in the movie? We already knew that.
That Broly is really strong? We already knew that.

I wanted to see more of the history in the movie or more of Broly's characterization/story or even something as simple as showing SSBE or Gogeta.

Basaku

Post by Basaku » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:16 pm

Weak trailer, especially compared to last one. Wouldn't mind it that much if it wasn't for absolute trash 'main theme'. I'm sory is Toei management deaf? And I thought Sumitomo was bad...

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:16 pm

RedHeat wrote:
PFM18 wrote:Alright so a couple things:

1. Goku says "It's about time you fight me" implying there's some kind of gap where he doesn't fight Goku? Maybe he's pissed at Vegeta and only wants to fight him first?
2. Chela says "He isn't fighting because he wants to fight" but one of the taglines said that the three have an uncontrollable urge to fight so that's a bit confusing/interesting. Maybe Chela is saying he isn't fighitng for enjoyment but rather for the sake of revenge or something?
3. Goku says that Broly isn't a bad guy.
4. They made the Galick Gun yellow??
5. Freeza has his armor this time?
6. It looks like Whis could fight in the movie

Overall it's a super disappointing trailer IMO.
I dunno mayne, I'm jizzing my pants right now.
People who are complaining about the lack of story in a trailer don’t realize you need to show physically appealing elements to get people in the seats. They’re not just trying to please people like you all. They’re trying to reach new people as well. You’re not going to get that by having a boring storyline trailer. People like action. Trailer number 2 was good enough for plot reveal. You don’t need more.
How i predict the tournament will end:

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:19 pm

As someone who watches a lot of movies, do you know what the single biggest complaint I come across these days tend to be? That the dame trailer practically tells you the whole story months in advance of the film's release.

This is officially the first time I have ever come across a community complaining that the trailer didn't spoil everything. You wanna know the story? You wanna know what Broly's character is like? Well guess what ether put up the cash and watch the dame thing or wait till its out and let others spoil it for you. Your choice.

Last edited by Lord Frieza on Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:20 pm

TheOne wrote:
RedHeat wrote:
PFM18 wrote:Alright so a couple things:

1. Goku says "It's about time you fight me" implying there's some kind of gap where he doesn't fight Goku? Maybe he's pissed at Vegeta and only wants to fight him first?
2. Chela says "He isn't fighting because he wants to fight" but one of the taglines said that the three have an uncontrollable urge to fight so that's a bit confusing/interesting. Maybe Chela is saying he isn't fighitng for enjoyment but rather for the sake of revenge or something?
3. Goku says that Broly isn't a bad guy.
4. They made the Galick Gun yellow??
5. Freeza has his armor this time?
6. It looks like Whis could fight in the movie

Overall it's a super disappointing trailer IMO.
I dunno mayne, I'm jizzing my pants right now.
People who are complaining about the lack of story in a trailer don’t realize you need to show physically appealing elements to get people in the seats. They’re not just trying to please people like you all. They’re trying to reach new people as well. You’re not going to get that by having a boring storyline trailer. People like action. Trailer number 2 was good enough for plot reveal. You don’t need more.
Yeah, I agree. Trailer 2 was for the folks that wanted a story. The main stuff that people want to see is fantastic action and this movie seems to have that in spades.
Feels over Reals.

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:22 pm

This is basically Toei saying "Alright, quit your bitching. Here's your fucking stripes and armour. Happy?" :lol:

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:23 pm

Absolutely loved this trailer. I'm totally fine with no further story elements getting spoiled. I'd rather go to the theatre in January with that all fresh and not be spoiled.

Seeing Goku and Vegeta at the very end really leads me to believe we'll see Full Power Broly against Gogeta. If UI does show up it will be brief. And will Whis fight Broly!?!? That would be interesting

I thought the subs were interesting. "He's not fighting because he wants to". Will be curious to see how that unfolds.

I'm super excited for the movie. And ready for either Xenoverse or merhandise to spoil Gogeta

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:34 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:As someone who watches a lot of movies, do you know what the single biggest complaint I come across these days tend to be? That the dame trailer practically tells you the whole story months in advance of the film's release.

This is officially the first time I have ever come across a community complaining that the trailer didn't spoil everything. You wanna know the story? You wanna know what Broly's character is like? Well guess what ether put up the cash and watch the dame thing or wait till its out and let others spoil it for you. Your choice.

The trailer should TEASE me. It should tease story elements that gives me things to talk about and think about until the movie comes out. I'm not asking for the entire movie to be spoiled. The first two trailers did a good job of that but this one shows nothing new so its fucking worthless.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:37 pm

I dont get it. Trailer 2 didn’t even give us that much lore or story that we didn’t already know. At least half of it was DBMinus or just common db knowledge. It even caused the whole stir of seemingly removing Bardock’s rebellion.

I think they’ve hyped up the story too much. When in reality, its pretty obvious whats probably gonna happen in the movie. As for twists, the only twist left for the movie is what wish the Dragon makes and what “Goku finally...” does.

I’m finding the fights more interesting than the actual story at this point. I’m not bashing the movie though in case ya’ll are wondering.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:41 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:As someone who watches a lot of movies, do you know what the single biggest complaint I come across these days tend to be? That the dame trailer practically tells you the whole story months in advance of the film's release.

The trailer should TEASE me. It should tease story elements that gives me things to talk about and think about until the movie comes out. I'm not asking for the entire movie to be spoiled. The first two trailers did a good job of that but this one shows nothing new so its fucking worthless.
Really? So you got nothing from the trailer at all but the fighting?

Not Goku displaying new powers as a SSG? Not hints of someone making a wish with the dragon balls in a film were the villains are actively hunting them, not the possibility of Broly not wanting to fight (despite my own counter theory on that subject) or the possibility of Whis getting involved?

This trailer actually gives a taste of things possible alongside further elaberating on the early battle without giving as much away as it's preacessors did. I can persaonally attest the vast majority of trailers I've watched in the passed 5 years could learn a lot from this trailer.

Dragono
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragono » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:48 pm

Basaku wrote:Weak trailer, especially compared to last one. Wouldn't mind it that much if it wasn't for absolute trash 'main theme'. I'm sory is Toei management deaf? And I thought Sumitomo was bad...
that was sumitomo and what do you mean compared to the last one? Because if memory serves right, all people did was bitch abut minus and retcons. Ajay and Geekdodm even made a video about it because thats all people talked about.

Its dragon ball, its going to focus on the fighting especially when its broly.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:54 pm

Now all i need to know is what wish is made, what is Piccolo’s role, why is Whis seemingly fighting Broly, what does Goku finally do at the end, and does Bardock truly die like a weakling or go out like a man in a rebellion.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:57 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:Now all i need to know is what wish is made, what is Piccolo’s role, why is Whis seemingly fighting Broly, what does Goku finally do at the end, and does Bardock truly die like a weakling or go out like a man in a rebellion.
And then you'll take over the world!!!!