Do you think Broly will learn to control his Full Power Berserk mode like Kale did in the ToP?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodVegetto91
Banned

Do you think Broly will learn to control his Full Power Berserk mode like Kale did in the ToP?

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:51 am

It’s an interesting thought. But it didn’t really cross my mind until recently. And i’m sure many of you haven’t considered it either yet. So do you think near the end of this movie Broly will regain his pupils in his full power mode and massively reduce in size and gain control of his emotions? Or do you think his “Berserk” form is simply too iconic for Toei to take away? They did this with Kale. And i thought it was quite interesting. Hell, they even noted a POWER INCREASE in her! Now that was interesting. You would think that if they kept Broly around for future installments (which they most likely will) that they would need to make him a complete and controlled warrior, that’s completely in charge of his emotions and overall well being in power. This is where pupils come in.

What do you guys think?
Last edited by GodVegetto91 on Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Re: Do you think Broly will learn to control his Full Power Berserk mode like Kale did in the ToP?

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:09 pm

I think his is already controlled.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Do you think Broly will learn to control his Full Power Berserk mode like Kale did in the ToP?

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:32 pm

I think he will eventually if he is kept alive for a follow-up series. I think in this movie he's being controlled primarily by Paragus and the Frieza force, then he will break from his control (most likely that scene of Whis in the movie) which will lead him to power up to his SSJ and Full Power forms. I think by the end of the movie he'll be beaten down enough to tire out of the form. Or they could follow what was established in the manga (which they seem to be taking more and more from) and have Broly be destroyed by his own overwhelming power, then wished back with the Dragonballs which are being gathered in the film

Amir
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Amir » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:08 pm

Pretty sure he doesn't need to, it's pretty controlled already.
In the first movie it had no drawbacks at all, so I think it's gonna be the same here. He just loves to scream like an insane beast.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:20 pm

SaiyanGod117 wrote:I think his is already controlled.
Well he certainly doesn’t seem like the guy that you can have a nice conversation with in that huge pupilless mode.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:09 pm

Either

A. He controls his form and can use it at will without getting wild and berserk. But the form will stay like it is

B. He controls his form and it becomes sort of like Kales where its not as buff and he still has pupils but his hair is still green and so is his arua but he is still just as powerful.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:54 am

I think it is controlled, but his power is just ridiculous, Paragus has put a limiter on him (that collar).

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:40 pm

Now this is what i was talking about guys. Did you read what Tien just stated? The control over her Berserk mode actually made her stronger!

So what if the same happens to Broly near the very end of this movie and he becomes a good guy and is capable of speaking to Goku and actually having a decent conversation? Than Broly will truly be MAXIMUM. Haha

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:34 pm

I think Broli will learn to control his power for Chirai and Lemo's sake, either in this film or in a later story arc.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:46 pm

JulieYBM wrote:I think Broli will learn to control his power for Chirai and Lemo's sake, either in this film or in a later story arc.
That is presuming he makes it past this movie sadly...

They did mention in an interview that soemthing Chirai was going to learn, was that sometimes its just better not to help others...

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:26 am

Both Kale and Super Broly leant into the angle that the Berserk/Legendary transformation was powerful but uncontrollable. Unlike the original Broly, they're both sympathetic characters whose gimmick is a problem that needs solving. Also, they both have girlfriends, because it turns out that's what was really missing to make this archetype work.

The movie can only go one of two ways: Broly becomes so powerful he has to get put down, or he gets beat to this senses and gets the power back under control. If the latter happens, I don't see him getting a special 'controlled' form like Kale though. Hisultra buff green hair design is too iconic. Plus, call me a cynic but I think they only went that route with Kale because they wanted a more appealing feminine design for her. The ultra bulky Brunhilde may look cool as a novelty, but it probably doesn't sell as many toys.

Bejita

Post by Bejita » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:13 am

I hope he won't get any of the forms Kale got.

His SSJ is already unique enough compared to the boring Kale's one.

And I do not think a controlled slim form with green hair would suit the iconic Broly.

Furthere more Kale's forms are confusing after all... In Dokkan it is even called Super Saiyan 2.

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:18 am

No he shouldn't and won't either. Broly's most iconic form is the buff green haired form without pupils, taking that away will take away from the character itself and literally just make it an SS recolor. Also Broly always had full control over the form so i don't see what's the purpose of him achieving the controlled form

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:15 am

Kale just went on a rampage, Broly however seems to think clearly when he powers op.
Broly is able to control his power when he is 'enraged', Kale wasn't at first.
He should always retain his typical bulked, enraged transformation, even when he is neutral or on the good side.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:33 pm

I hope Broly learning to control his power will factor in his character arc (if he is to get one) like it did with Kale in the TOP.