Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Forte224 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:39 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Alruneia wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:Can someone tell me why the next DB series is going to keep the name Dragon Ball Super?
...says who? Is there any context to this?
Let me rephrase my question.

Tell me why you’d think the next DB series will keep the dbs name. I think it will but i want to here everyone elses’ Reasons
Because it would be too big of a risk to change the name now...or, it would at least but some type of risk, maybe not a big one. Dragon Ball Super brought them in tons and tons of money. No reason to change it really.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:41 pm

YamiGoku wrote:*BIN Shimada the voice of Broly, when asked if the battles were tremendous, he said "It really was a series of battles and battles"
Fixed*
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:44 pm

YamiGoku wrote:I hope I'm wrong, but i think it would be prudent to expect little to no plot from this movie aside from the past scenes.
If the movie won't show any of Tsufurujin and Yamoshi stuff, it would hardly have a plot anyway. Take those things away, all you can do is just show how Goku went to Earth, what Vegeta was doing during that era and how Broly managed to survive. Present part will certainly be all about mindless fight, which is why I don't care about it almost at all (save for Gogeta, of course).

I mean, I wouldn't mind that much but only if they actually show those things in detail, and that includes not forgetting Tarble, for example. But I'm sure they will make that mistake again.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:45 pm

I love how everyone continues to praise Masako Nozawa throughout the movie's release material.

Next to Toriyama, she's one of the ORIGINALS, the superstars of old. And she's still kicking like she was 30 years ago. Bin Shimada is spot on; she IS a legend.

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:49 pm

Grimlock wrote:
YamiGoku wrote:I hope I'm wrong, but i think it would be prudent to expect little to no plot from this movie aside from the past scenes.
If the movie won't show any of Tsufurujin and Yamoshi stuff, it would hardly have a plot anyway. Take those things away, all you can do is just show how Goku went to Earth, what Vegeta was doing during that era and how Broly managed to survive. Present part will certainly be all about mindless fight, which is why I don't care about it almost at all (save for Gogeta, of course).

I mean, I wouldn't mind that much but only if they actually show those things in detail, and that includes not forgetting Tarble, for example. But I'm sure they will make that mistake again.
Who really cares about Tarble really? Also Yamoshi and especially Tsufurjin stuff has nothing to do with the main 3 characters the movie focuses on.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:52 pm

CTAkuma wrote:Who really cares about Tarble really?
Me.
CTAkuma wrote:Also Yamoshi and especially Tsufurjin stuff has nothing to do with the main 3 characters the movie focuses on.
Yeah, another mistake of the movie. This one should be all about Saiyans as the first tagline spoken at Jump Festa last year suggested.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:56 pm

Grimlock wrote:Yeah, another mistake of the movie. This one should be all about Saiyans as the first tagline spoken at Jump Festa last year suggested.
I heavily disagree, better to keep the story and focuse simple than to bloat it with all this unrelated stuff

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:58 pm

"an enemy but not evil" tells me Broly is going to survive, maybe he will leave earth or something, but i don't see Toriyama perma killing a "good guy".

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:59 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Chuquita wrote:Saw Herms' post that the premiere pre-show starts at 5pm 11/14 and the movie itself starts at 6:15pm.

I then did the math and realized that equates to 3am and 5:15am EST respectively (unless I got it wrong). So if the movie's an hour and forty that means it's over by 7am EST.

I eagerly and anxiously await spoilers.
Well you definitely did the math wrong because there's a 1 hr 15 minute gap between the first two times and a 2 hr 15 minute gap between the second two times.
Here's the Twitter post I went by - https://mobile.twitter.com/Herms98/stat ... 6715776001

Isn't JPN time to EST minus 2 and switch am and pm? Like it's 8:54pm here now and 10:54am there?
That's why I thought 5:00pm there would be 3:00am here, etc.

If the movie starts at 6:15pm then the pre-show is an hour and fifteen minutes long. If the movie is an hour and forty then it'd end at 7:55pm JPN time, right? So it's over at...5:55am EST.

Ah, okay. I see where I messed up before. I think I have it this time.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:07 pm

Chuquita wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
Chuquita wrote:Saw Herms' post that the premiere pre-show starts at 5pm 11/14 and the movie itself starts at 6:15pm.

I then did the math and realized that equates to 3am and 5:15am EST respectively (unless I got it wrong). So if the movie's an hour and forty that means it's over by 7am EST.

I eagerly and anxiously await spoilers.
Well you definitely did the math wrong because there's a 1 hr 15 minute gap between the first two times and a 2 hr 15 minute gap between the second two times.
Here's the Twitter post I went by - https://mobile.twitter.com/Herms98/stat ... 6715776001

Isn't JPN time to EST minus 2 and switch am and pm? Like it's 8:54pm here now and 10:54am there?

If the movie starts at 6:15pm then the pre-show is an hour and fifteen minutes long. If the movie is an hour and forty then it'd end at 7:55pm JPN time, right? So it's over at...5:55am EST.

yeah that looks better. There's a guy on Naruto forums who has tickets and hes gonna post spoilers right after he sees it so it should be fairly accessible through things like that

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:10 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Chuquita wrote:
PFM18 wrote:

yeah that looks better. There's a guy on Naruto forums who has tickets and hes gonna post spoilers right after he sees it so it should be fairly accessible through things like that
Sounds good. I'm glad it's gonna be an early morning thing where I am. In theory it'll be a lot easier than if they appeared in the afternoon.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:11 pm

Well looks like it's the day of the spoilers, well tomorrow for me I'm going to bed. Been waiting to dame long for this.

Word of advice people who don't wanna be spoiled, this is the part were you run away.

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:18 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:Well looks like it's the day of the spoilers, well tomorrow for me I'm going to bed. Been waiting to dame long for this.

Word of advice people who don't wanna be spoiled, this is the part were you run away.
Its still 3 days away

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:19 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:Well looks like it's the day of the spoilers, well tomorrow for me I'm going to bed. Been waiting to dame long for this.

It's still a couple days before the movie premiers.

Speaking of spoilers, what will the official spoiler policy be? Will we keep them in this thread or will there be a spoiler discussion thread?

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:28 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:

Speaking of spoilers, what will the official spoiler policy be? Will we keep them in this thread or will there be a spoiler discussion thread?
I think it should stay in this thread, spoilers are about the movie.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:33 pm

If I remember the F thread correctly, spoilers were allowed, but I think spoiler tags were used?
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:34 pm

Miracles wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:

I think it would create situations where people get spoiled when they didn't want to. You'll inevitably have people talking about it without spoiler tags. I think there should be a dedicated Spoilers movie thread.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:54 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Miracles wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote: It's still a couple days before the movie premiers.

I think it would create situations where people get spoiled when they didn't want to. You'll inevitably have people talking about it without spoiler tags. I think there should be a dedicated Spoilers movie thread.
Oh. You are right.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:55 am

Yeah... Usually, one person posts with spoiler tags, then someone quotes them and replies to the spoiler without spoiler tags. It completely defeats the purpose of the spoiler tags to begin with. I will be disappearing soon, though. Hopefully, I can avoid spoilers elsewhere as well.

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:06 am

The animation of the attacks in the movie look incredible from the trailer! Truly worthy of appearing on the big screen
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16