Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Grimlock » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:32 pm

Too many stuff all of a sudden in this thread, but not ones I care about:

• Will Bardock face Freeza?
• Will King Vegeta have some action?
• Will the movie make the mistake to ignore some Saiyans stuff such as Tsufuru and Yamoshi lore?

C'mon, I know people is all about "muh Goku and his friends!"/the present part but I need some story.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:32 pm

I had to. :mrgreen:
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:34 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:
Maybe LATE on Tuesday?
If the movie starts 6:15pm Japan time, we likely won't hear much until after it ends around 8:00pm, which will already be several hours into Wednesday for most of the US. I'd estimate we'll see stuff popping up on social media around 6amEST/3amPST Wednesday morning.

Though if the special guests in attendance talk about stuff before and/or after the screening, could possibly even be a bit later?
Last edited by sailorspazz on Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:35 pm

Zelvin wrote:
ಠ_ಠ

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:36 pm

Shaddy wrote:You shouldn't do either of those things...
Well I know, he has been shown to do the first thing in the past and this is worse.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:37 pm

Grimlock wrote:Too many stuff all of a sudden in this thread, but not ones I care about:

• Will Bardock face Freeza?
• Will King Vegeta have some action?
• Will the movie make the mistake to ignore some Saiyans stuff such as Tsufuru and Yamoshi lore?

C'mon, I know people is all about "muh Goku and his friends!"/the present part but I need some story.
You really still on about this Yamoshi and Tuffle stuff? Its obvious they aint in this movie.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:38 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:You really still on about this Yamoshi and Tuffle stuff? Its obvious they aint in this movie.
Hope dies last.

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:39 pm

Zelvin wrote:
Did you make this?

If so, give yourself a gold star.

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:40 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote: You really still on about this Yamoshi and Tuffle stuff? Its obvious they aint in this movie.
I appreciate the "It's not a REAL story unless it covers my bland irrelevant dead people" part. Really brings the whole thing together in quantifying where a person's priorities lie.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:41 pm

Lord Beerus wrote: Did you make this?

Wish I did, but no. I've been regularly checking for good art for Broly since the teaser trailer dropped months ago. Just happened to find that a little earlier and was like "...this' too good not to use".
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:42 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Zelvin wrote:
Did you make this?

Oh....God. Maybe that should be in the other thread.....The shadow is a little bit subtle I didn't notice it the first time.

Furiza

Post by Furiza » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:43 pm

What about Paragus?

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:43 pm

Shaddy wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: You really still on about this Yamoshi and Tuffle stuff? Its obvious they aint in this movie.
I appreciate the "It's not a REAL story unless it covers my bland irrelevant dead people" part. Really brings the whole thing together in quantifying where a person's priorities lie.
Dont get me wrong. I’d want Yamoshi and his story animated more than anyone. But its obvious we aint getting that in this movie.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:45 pm

Zelvin wrote:
should've made it more girthy
Feels over Reals.

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:46 pm

Shaddy wrote:
It’s a cartoon buddy . No priorities are better than others.dont be that kind of fan

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:50 pm

supersaiyanZero wrote:Are you kidding me? "It looks ugly"? This is by far the biggest overreach by a moderator I have ever seen. The community was being courteous (for once) to each other and those who wanted to still discuss the movie without being spoiled. Total assclown move and your moderator privileges should be revoked imo.
There's nothing wrong with Ajay's judgement on the matter. It's perfectly fine, and encouraged, to be courteous to other members in regards to matters like this across the the rest of the forum. However, this is the main thread for discussing the film and we are a rather large community dedicated to the franchise. There absolutely are expectations that spoilers will run rampant within such a thread. But with a deluge of info this big, if everyone attempts to dance around them with spoiler tags, it starts creating another problem in terms of readability and hampering conversations.

This is not the the first time a decision like this has been made, and most likely won't be the last. To quote Mike:
It's really impossible to expect to dance around new and forthcoming material spoiler-free. I would of course never encourage someone NOT to visit and be an active, participating member, but if you are looking to know as little as possible about the show, Kanzenshuu probably isn't the best place to back you up on that! And that's by design!
Your behavior here is another matter, though. This is a prime example of an unacceptable attitude towards anyone, be they members, moderators or staff. I suggest you reevaluate your approach here by rereading the community guidelines, which you agreed to (twice) prior to registration.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:51 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote:It’s a cartoon buddy . No priorities are better than others.dont be that kind of fan
Yeah, it sounded like: "Oh, so you prefer story over mindless fight? Damn, your priorities are low/worse". That's 2018 for you. :lol: Anyway, this nonsense has no place here in this thread.

I actually can't wait for the premiere/spoilers too, I wanna my get my answers as soon as possible so I that get to know what I'll do when the movie releases around here.

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:04 pm

RedHeat wrote: should've made it more girthy
Hey, he's only in his Base Form. :wink:
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:06 pm

Grimlock wrote:Yeah, it sounded like: "Oh, so you prefer story over mindless fight? Damn, your priorities are low/worse". That's 2018 for you. :lol: Anyway, this nonsense has no place here in this thread.
I know how much you love your strawmen, so I'll try to make this simple: What you want isn't a story. It has no characters or themes. Yamoshi is not a character. The Tsufurians have no depth and aren't interesting. Nothing you want has any intrigue or elaboration or emotional value to any character. It's mindless hollow filler that has nothing to do with what Dragon Ball is and always has been about. Step the fuck off with this "everyone who doesn't like what I like is an idiot" attitude.

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:14 pm

Shaddy wrote:
Grimlock wrote:Yeah, it sounded like: "Oh, so you prefer story over mindless fight? Damn, your priorities are low/worse". That's 2018 for you. :lol: Anyway, this nonsense has no place here in this thread.
I know how much you love your strawmen, so I'll try to make this simple: What you want isn't a story. It has no characters or themes. Yamoshi is not a character. The Tsufurians have no depth and aren't interesting. Nothing you want has any intrigue or elaboration or emotional value to any character. It's mindless hollow filler that has nothing to do with what Dragon Ball is and always has been about. Step the fuck off with this "everyone who doesn't like what I like is an idiot" attitude.
Thats your attitude
“Reeee it’s not dragonball “
“They aren’t interesting cause I say so “

People like you are why people look down on db fandom not him. Step off with your fucking weeb arrogance and grow up into a normal human being