Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Geekdom101
Regular

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Geekdom101 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:15 pm

sailorspazz wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:
Maybe LATE on Tuesday?
If the movie starts 6:15pm Japan time, we likely won't hear much until after it ends around 8:00pm, which will already be several hours into Wednesday for most of the US. I'd estimate we'll see stuff popping up on social media around 8amEST/5amPST Wednesday morning.

Though if the special guests in attendance talk about stuff before and/or after the screening, could possibly even be a bit later?
Great. Good info. Thanks Spazzy <3
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:20 pm

Zelvin wrote:
RedHeat wrote: should've made it more girthy
Hey, he's only in his Base Form. :wink:
People say "lol" a lot but I actually laughed out loud to this.
Shaddy wrote:
Grimlock wrote:Yeah, it sounded like: "Oh, so you prefer story over mindless fight? Damn, your priorities are low/worse". That's 2018 for you. :lol: Anyway, this nonsense has no place here in this thread.
I know how much you love your strawmen, so I'll try to make this simple: What you want isn't a story. It has no characters or themes. Yamoshi is not a character. The Tsufurians have no depth and aren't interesting. Nothing you want has any intrigue or elaboration or emotional value to any character. It's mindless hollow filler that has nothing to do with what Dragon Ball is and always has been about. Step the fuck off with this "everyone who doesn't like what I like is an idiot" attitude.
Well said. "Lore" doesn't mean much in isolation and that appears to be what he is asking for, I would use Heroes and DB Online as examples of Lore in isolation with no substance, but he loves those so it kinda proves my point.

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:24 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote: Thats your attitude
“Reeee it’s not dragonball “
“They aren’t interesting cause I say so “

People like you are why people look down on db fandom not him. Step off with your fucking weeb arrogance and grow up into a normal human being
Excuse me for not taking kindly to being insulted and looked down upon for my preferences when the thing being leveraged is vapid soulless bullshit. To constantly and consistently act for months as if other people are inferior for believing a proper story is character-driven and having weight behind it's plot twists and execution and then claim that an alternative created with all the passion and sweat of Yamamuro's wet farts is what we should be focusing on instead is not only to devalue the work going into the main production but also to insult the intelligence of said production's viewers. I don't give a damn what you prefer, but I'm tired of tolerating asshole behavior and snide remarks.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:27 pm

Let's relax a little on the snarky back and forths, please.

Everyone's entitled to post their thoughts, and you're entitled to challenge them, but only if you do so in a polite and constructive manner.

What I'm seeing so far isn't that. You know who you are. Cut it out.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:31 pm

Ajay wrote:Let's relax a little on the snarky back and forths, please.

Everyone's entitled to post their thoughts, and you're entitled to challenge them, but only if you do so in a polite and constructive manner.

What I'm seeing so far isn't that. You know who you are. Cut it out.
what are your thoughts on the leaks?
Feels over Reals.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:35 pm

RedHeat wrote:what are your thoughts on the leaks?
It sure sounds like Movie 8 meets Movie 12, with a dash of DB Minus thrown in for shits and giggles. I had no expectations for this film's plot following the announcement of Broly, and especially after Minus' inclusion, and that hasn't really changed.

I think it's going to be the best looking garbage ever, and I can't wait to enjoy every second of it. I'm sure Nagamine will find a way to make it spectacularly engaging and compelling. With the crazy animators on board, it's going to be a visual feast.

Beyond that... well, I suppose we'll see.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:35 pm

Hey, so if Gotenks isn't in this film, and Piccolo is the one to teach Vegeta fusion, why are Goten and Trunks here? Could we actually be seeing them fighting as individuals for once? Might be nice.

(on a side note, between this and the Zamasu arc, it feels like Piccolo has just become the guy who teaches other people techniques at this point. Not that that's necessarily a bad role for the guy who's supposed to be God, but it does reek a bit of "those who cannot do, teach".)

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:40 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:
sailorspazz wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:
Maybe LATE on Tuesday?
If the movie starts 6:15pm Japan time, we likely won't hear much until after it ends around 8:00pm, which will already be several hours into Wednesday for most of the US. I'd estimate we'll see stuff popping up on social media around 8amEST/5amPST Wednesday morning.

Though if the special guests in attendance talk about stuff before and/or after the screening, could possibly even be a bit later?
Great. Good info. Thanks Spazzy <3
Belatedly realized I messed up the timezone conversions a bit. 8:00pm in Japan would be 6amEST/3amPST. Hope everyone is ready to either get up super early or stay up really late for full spoilers :lol:
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:49 pm

Shaddy wrote:Hey, so if Gotenks isn't in this film, and Piccolo is the one to teach Vegeta fusion, why are Goten and Trunks here? Could we actually be seeing them fighting as individuals for once? Might be nice.

(on a side note, between this and the Zamasu arc, it feels like Piccolo has just become the guy who teaches other people techniques at this point. Not that that's necessarily a bad role for the guy who's supposed to be God, but it does reek a bit of "those who cannot do, teach".)
The kids may fight fodder Freeza soldiers but I doubt they even get that.

I love Piccolo finding a way to take an important role without being forced into combat. He's been left in the dust since the Cell Games so it is suitable for him to become a teacher and not a fighter IMO.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:51 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Shaddy wrote:Hey, so if Gotenks isn't in this film, and Piccolo is the one to teach Vegeta fusion, why are Goten and Trunks here? Could we actually be seeing them fighting as individuals for once? Might be nice.

The kids may fight fodder Freeza soldiers but I doubt they even get that.

I love Piccolo finding a way to take an important role without being forced into combat. He's been left in the dust since the Cell Games so it is suitable for him to become a teacher and not a fighter IMO.

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:55 pm

Where the heck is he then? Is Broly not there yet? Is Vegeta holding him off? Maybe Whis? Because if so it seems like a heck of a long time to travel from wherever Broly destroys everything to where Piccolo seems to be.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:55 pm

I haven't read Geekdom's spoilers and I don't plan on doing so. However that doesn't mean I'm against the idea of reading actual spoilers or letting spoilers be open in this thread. If people don't want to be spoiled, then they are welcome to stay out of this thread. And they should probably stay out of the DBS manga thread since it's going to start the Broly saga soon too.

I know that YoungJiji and other DB fan artists won early screening tickets, so I'll wait until some people have actually seen it.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:57 pm

Shaddy wrote:Where the heck is he then? Is Broly not there yet? Is Vegeta holding him off? Maybe Whis? Because if so it seems like a heck of a long time to travel from wherever Broly destroys everything to where Piccolo seems to be.
This is explained in the video.

Also... Instantaneous Movement has been a thing forever

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:01 pm

Not surprised at all regarding the film’s plot. Wasn’t expecting much of a story from this anyway. I just wanna see how this movie looks. Plus spoilers will be almost impossible to avoid once Wednesday comes around. Japan REALLY doesn’t care about spoilers as much. Only other movie where people had utterly no regard for spoiling others on social media this year was Infinity War :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:03 pm

Geekdom101 wrote: This is explained in the video.

Oh. Duh. I don't know why that slipped my mind.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:04 pm

Shaddy wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote: This is explained in the video.

Oh. Duh. I don't know why that slipped my mind.
Haha! That happens to me sometimes when I overthink. :D

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:04 pm

Whis saves the day again. First he appeared next to Beerus after his battle with SSG Son Goku eating food, thus reminding Beerus of Earth's good food. (My head canon) Next he rewinds time allowing Son to kill Freeza and now he's copying Pikkon's role. Whis is the real MVP here.
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:05 pm

https://twitter.com/EmperorBigD/status/ ... 3030340608

I feel confident saying we have the 3 amigos going forward based on this

MegaBossMan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MegaBossMan » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:06 pm

Reminder overall that plots always tend to be horribly lacking when essentially conveyed through essay format. I'm already expecting discussion to be heavily filled with its qualms and critiques, but execution has always been Dragon Ball's key to plot, not its semantic outline. If things are anything like how Super's weekly cycle was, grievances over details tend to be haphazardly overblown in regards to the actual impact in-show. As such, it's imperative to keep in mind we're not truly getting the context of the impact of these scenes! Just wanted to ensure that could at least be kept in mind while this thread inevitably spurts and blows out over these next few, certainly hectic days of spoilers!

That being said, from the start this film was based upon the concept of Broly and Gogeta kicking the shit out of each other to the perversive excitement of every DB fan-fic writer out there, while Bardock hangs up his blood-stained bandana to the tears of those same fan-fic writers. It'll be insanely interesting to see what Toriyama made of this.
By jove, I've got nothing important to say!

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:17 pm

sorry i had to add this did not want to upset people.