Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Burakku

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Burakku » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:33 am

Yup Freeza is destroyed... Like for real now.

Most evil is now most comedian villian.

Still nothing about Paragus or wish 3?

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:43 am

Burakku wrote:Yup Freeza is destroyed... Like for real now.

Most evil is now most comedian villian.

Still nothing about Paragus or wish 3?
And its a shame too smh. He was great in the ToP arc, what the hell is Toriyama thinking? The most evil person in all of Dragonball reduced to a gag character.

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:44 am

Rakurai wrote: I can guarantee if Toyotarou or Toei ever pulled this kind of shit, fans would be raging the fuck out of this bitch instead of saying "oh hahah good troll!."
Exactly. I hate how hypocritical this fandom can be.

Burakku

Post by Burakku » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:01 am

The only thing which could save his rep is that Beerus or Whis where with him and so he had no choice to ask for something else and not his true intentions

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:05 am

Freeza's second form is taller than Piccolo who is over 7 feet. So he knows what it's like to be tall.

Strange wish but whatever Dragonball is wacky anyway
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:07 am

Maybe Freeza wishes for his "status to reach new heights" or something and Shenron misinterprets that as him wanting grow a little taller :P.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:46 am

As a hardcore Frieza fan.

Considering the fact that just a few months ago Toriyama produced the best Frieza ever, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and judge the wish scene once I have more context.

wolflonnie
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wolflonnie » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:21 am

Nickolaidas wrote:As a hardcore Frieza fan.

Considering the fact that just a few months ago Toriyama produced the best Frieza ever, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and judge the wish scene once I have more context.
More like Toei produced the best Frieza ever.

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:34 am

So wait e.e freeza get a gag wish to be taller.... or did he really died? there two spoilers in here talking about it.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:35 am

wolflonnie wrote:

The idea to bring him back for the ToP and the Goku team up was his, thouhh. But yeah, Toei deserves credit too. By a lot.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:36 am

:wink:
vashter wrote:So wait e.e freeza get a gag wish to be taller.... or did he really died? there two spoilers in here talking about it.
Wait.
What?
Who leaked he dies?

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:03 am

I personally don't mind gags, because I know Toriyama loves to make silly gags, it's not something new and I don't think he will change at all.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

wolflonnie
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wolflonnie » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:09 am

Nickolaidas wrote:
wolflonnie wrote:

The idea to bring him back for the ToP and the Goku team up was his, thouhh. But yeah, Toei deserves credit too. By a lot.
Well, compare manga Frieza to anime Frieza. Toei did their best to reintroduce the character in the most interesting way possible, while the manga didn't do a good job with him so far. So that's why I'm crediting Toei for the good job.
As per Frieza's wish in the movie, either it's a poor phraising like some user said, or it's the real thing. This is pretty stupid in any case, unless they show Frieza has everything he wants now and doesn't really give a f to immortality/usurping Zeno/etc. anymore.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:33 am

I don't think Frieza has mentioned a desire for immortality since the Namek arc. In the Androids arc he was just going to kill everyone and then take his revenge on Goku. King Cold tells him he could just destroy the planet and be done with it but Frieza says that's not fun for him. Then in Resurrection F he wants to destroy the Earth, Goku and the Dragon Balls so he can wipe his hands of them.

Sin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sin » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:39 am

I don't doubt the legitimacy of these leaks, but how do they even come about? This Geekdom guy has someone working on the film that has been telling him drips of information?

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:51 am

Sin wrote:I don't doubt the legitimacy of these leaks, but how do they even come about? This Geekdom guy has someone working on the film that has been telling him drips of information?
If I'm correct, his recent youtube video mention he got source from someone in funimation in another country told him stuff. In fact I don't think he only one knows this.
Last edited by vashter on Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:53 am

So Freeza's army gathers the Dragon Balls, Freeza comes to Earth to make his wish, Goku and Vegeta go and try to stop him because they think he's back YET AGAIN to do Freeza stuff, in turn getting tangled into a battle going all the way back to their childhoods, all because of a misunderstanding? How is this character assassination and how is this not great self-referential humor? The wish could've been something different from Commander Red's, but the fact it's a gag makes the whole conflict 100 times more interesting than Freeza using them for his schemes, especially since he's not the main player here.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Sin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sin » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:56 am

vashter wrote:
Sin wrote:I don't doubt the legitimacy of these leaks, but how do they even come about? This Geekdom guy has someone working on the film that has been telling him drips of information?
If I'm correct, his recent youtube video mention he got source from someone in funimation in another country told him stuff. In fact I don't think he only one knows this.
Ah, that makes some sense, I'm always just interested in how they come about. I could never imagine how you find a leaker/become a leaker on a big project, but I suppose it probably boils down to money.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:11 am

Freeza’s wish being a gag isn’t the end of world I guess but it takes away from him being a well written villain.

I didn’t expect his wish to be immortality but at the TOP he was interested in the Gods and that has gone nowhere. Personally I don’t like Freeza in the TOP. There was no real conflict with him and there should have been. They teased he was going to betray U7 a million times but by the end it was obvious he wouldn’t (there was never any real opportunity where it would benefit him in anyways so big deal that he didn’t ). Then you have him fighting with Goku more like an anti-hero than a villain. I guess for most people that was cool but for me it wasn’t.

I was hoping this movie would have Freeza return to form manipulating things in the background. Maybe he still will getting Broly to fight Goku & Vegeta. But that comes off more as petty hatred of Goku & Vegeta. I rather his desires be more villainous.

For me it’s more signs they don’t know what to do with Freeza and he will probably just be redeemed soon. He will probably keep his Empire but probably won’t be destroying planets anymore.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:15 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:Freeza’s wish is that he wants to be taller. Geekdom revealed it. Toriyama comin in with the gags. This is def gonna anger some people but i find this funny as hell.
It's honestly incredible how this movie lacks any sort of originality whatsoever.