Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:12 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote:SSB Gogeta held back and utterly wrecked broly. He’s far above any GoD
That conclusion is unsubstantiated considering we have no idea how truly powerful 11 of the 12 Hakaishin are.

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:28 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
RecolorSaiyan wrote:SSB Gogeta held back and utterly wrecked broly. He’s far above any GoD
That conclusion is unsubstantiated considering we have no idea how truly powerful 11 of the 12 Hakaishin are.
If we go by the manga, all of them are inferior to beerus, with quitela possibly being a match.

So long for those who though belmod was close to beerus.

GG my friends

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:36 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
If we go by the manga, all of them are inferior to beerus, with quitela possibly being a match.

So long for those who though belmod was close to beerus.

GG my friends
If we go by the manga, it tell us much ado about nothing. As the Hakaishin battle royal was in the manga too short and inconclusive to have any kind of grasp of who was stronger than who and by how much.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:50 pm

Apparently BASE Goku performs better than SUPER SAIYAN GOD Vegeta!!!

That's the most fucked up power scaling that we have ever seen in this entire series IMO

Already looking forward to the anime retelling.

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:59 pm

Thats typical in movies, remember when base gohan looked even with ssj broly in m10? It means nothing.

Both goku and vegeta got utterly trashed in god by ikari broly and in blue by ssj broly.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:29 pm

Not this x wrecked y again. The summaries themselves say Gogeta was having a good fight with Broly only for Gogeta to have the upper hand in the end like when Broly powered up Gogeta had more power in response again. Its like when people said Vegetto was dominating Zamasu in the anime when that never happened. They had a very good fight until Zamasu.exe stopped working.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:31 pm

I just read a summary from a dude who watched the movie, he said every time broly powered up , gogeta did the same and handled him. At no point was he in trouble, not to mention dude didn't defuse after 30 minutes which means he didn't use up too much power either

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:41 pm

Apperantly gogeta is that op in the movie. Far beyond blues in just base.

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:51 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:Apperantly gogeta is that op in the movie. Far beyond blues in just base.
This fits with Base Vegetto seemingly being above Blue Goku and Vegeta in the Black arc of the manga. So I guess both fusions give very similar boosts.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:57 pm

PFM18 wrote:Apparently BASE Goku performs better than SUPER SAIYAN GOD Vegeta!!!

That's the most fucked up power scaling that we have ever seen in this entire series IMO

Already looking forward to the anime retelling.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:02 pm

ZombieVito wrote:Not really.
Thank God Geekdom was wrong. Maybe I should have waited for confirmation from someone other than him before posting, but I trust the guy. My bad. I'm ecstatic that this was bad.
SB Gogeta > Beerus >=< LSS Broly > SS Broly >=< SS Gogeta > SSB Goku > Max base Broly > SSG Goku > base Broly

I guess this confirms Vegetto = Gogeta in terms of power.
Not really, all this confirms is that Goku and Vegeta must have gotten stronger during the ToP

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:08 pm

PFM18 wrote:
ZombieVito wrote:Not really.
Thank God Geekdom was wrong. Maybe I should have waited for confirmation from someone other than him before posting, but I trust the guy. My bad. I'm ecstatic that this was bad.
SB Gogeta > Beerus >=< LSS Broly > SS Broly >=< SS Gogeta > SSB Goku > Max base Broly > SSG Goku > base Broly

I guess this confirms Vegetto = Gogeta in terms of power.
Not really, all this confirms is that Goku and Vegeta must have gotten stronger during the ToP
They were never stated to become stronger during the ToP (They just got stronger forms) but I guess this is pointless to discuss since the movie can't fit with the anime.

Better to wait for the retelling.

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:12 pm

Shin saying Vegito might be > Beerus and Goku saying Broly might be > Beerus is the author telling you these guys are atleast equal to each other. This fp beerus meme needs to die out. He's not taking a ssb fusion post ToP unless he starts training again

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:21 pm

So who is stronger LB Jiren or Broly? Goin by the summary from said person who watched the movie.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:26 pm

buutenks wrote:So who is stronger LB Jiren or Broly? Goin by the summary from said person who watched the movie.
Strongest enemy theyve ever faced... there is your answer.

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:28 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
buutenks wrote:So who is stronger LB Jiren or Broly? Goin by the summary from said person who watched the movie.
Strongest enemy theyve ever faced... there is your answer.
Oh was it stated? Must have missed it.

Then ye, that is that.

Lol, Jiren just got shafted like Hit, ROFL. Hahahah

This is kinda funny lol.

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:29 pm

The narrative is the Broly > Jiren.

if you want to say LB jiren (anime)> movie broly, then sure if you cross continuities, that makes sense. But once the anime tells this arc, it will be made clear that broly > jiren

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:35 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote:The narrative is the Broly > Jiren.

if you want to say LB jiren (anime)> movie broly, then sure if you cross continuities, that makes sense. But once the anime tells this arc, it will be made clear that broly > jiren
Going by the summary, the movie recaps some ToP chars, so it is directly linked to the Super anime, so i dont think we need to cross continuities, untill Broly movie gets retold as anime ofc.

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:40 pm

buutenks wrote:

Going by the summary, the movie recaps some ToP chars, so it is directly linked to the Super anime, so i dont think we need to cross continuities, untill Broly movie gets retold as anime ofc.

Partly. There's no blue evolution or kaioken in the film and Beerus seems to be held up as the standard unlike in the anime where it was jiren.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:44 pm

buutenks wrote:

Impossible. Blue Kaioken is not in the film.