Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gt91
Regular

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Gt91 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:02 pm

Last edited by Gt91 on Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:04 pm

Apparently, Broly gets the same comparison to Beerus that Vegetto Blue got in the manga
They ask if he's stronger. No confirmation.

Also I heard this movie does show that Kakarot is definitely a pay grade above Vegeta.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:07 pm

BrolyKale wrote:No, you didn't. That's your own interpretation. You didn't even read what I posted, because all the things in rereboy's interpretation also come from the movie, every single thing, with pictures.
In the movie, Broly recognized Goku by look, despite never seeing him before, what part of that is my interpretation? That is literally what happened. The movie didn't explained what happened other than us seeing Goku crying next to Broly, again that is literally what happened in the movie.

I have read his and other fans' interpretations. They are as much as an explanation as a fanfic I read on the internet. Especially when the creator of the movie themselves, made two sequels that throw away any symbolizing that may have been in the first movie.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:10 pm

So hold on a second I just got home now reading this, the whole broly > beerus is false / and cooler name got false to?

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:13 pm

Alright, so is Broly angry towards Vegeta for what his father did to him or what? I still am not sure how that works. It seems it is just Paragus who wants revenge and he is just using his kid as a tool for destruction.

Burakku

Post by Burakku » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:14 pm

Gt91 wrote:
Yes this interest me as well

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:15 pm

PFM18 wrote:Alright, so is Broly angry towards Vegeta for what his father did to him or what? I still am not sure how that works. It seems it is just Paragus who wants revenge and he is just using his kid as a tool for destruction.
Doesn't look like Broly cares about revenge... its just Paragus using his son.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:16 pm

HeroR wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:No, you didn't. That's your own interpretation. You didn't even read what I posted, because all the things in rereboy's interpretation also come from the movie, every single thing, with pictures.
In the movie, Broly recognized Goku by look, despite never seeing him before, what part of that is my interpretation? That is literally what happened. The movie didn't explained what happened other than us seeing Goku crying next to Broly, again that is literally what happened in the movie.

I have read his and other fans' interpretations. They are as much as an explanation as a fanfic I read on the internet. Especially when the creator of the movie themselves, made two sequels that throw away any symbolizing that may have been in the first movie.
w/e
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:22 pm

Burakku wrote:
Gt91 wrote:
Yes this interest me as well
Maybe they died after that event or they are somewhere in the universe.

Burakku

Post by Burakku » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:22 pm

So KenXyro is still talking about a 3rd failed fusion and Cooler

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:23 pm

BrolyKale wrote:
PFM18 wrote:Alright, so is Broly angry towards Vegeta for what his father did to him or what? I still am not sure how that works. It seems it is just Paragus who wants revenge and he is just using his kid as a tool for destruction.
Doesn't look like Broly cares about revenge... its just Paragus using his son.
Not sure how I feel about that. But if Broly was intent on revenge against Vegeta and the royal family it would mean he would have to be killed so there's a trade-off there I guess.

I think it is a really nice touch that Paragus kills the Saiyan he came to Vampa with just to save food when he realizes they are stuck on the planet and have no way of getting off of it. Just to save food, he literally murders his friend. Shows the savage side of Saiyans that we all know and love.
Last edited by PFM18 on Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:28 pm

Someone tell me whole broly >= beerus doesn’t exist anymore ? And cooler name drop is false as well ?

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:31 pm

vashter wrote:Someone tell me whole broly >= beerus doesn’t exist anymore ? And cooler name drop is false as well ?
Broly>Beerus comparison exists, the Cooler thing doesn't

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:32 pm

vashter wrote:Someone tell me whole broly >= beerus doesn’t exist anymore ? And cooler name drop is false as well ?
"Broly might be stronger than Beerus" is true, cooler thing was false and a misunderstanding.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:36 pm

Honestly this movie seems worse than the original.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:37 pm

Okay guys, it’s time to get mad again. Are you ready?? There was one thing in this summary that truly truly pissed me the fuck off! And that was Paragus scanning Baby Broly’s power level to be 920. Uhmmm... the Fuck!? It was very clearly revealed in a promo material a few weeks back that Broly was born with a PL of over 10.000! They just can NOT stay consistent at all it seems... Why is that so hard? Why do they contradict themselves soo fucking much? Sorry for my rant guys, but i am just really mad and dissapointed here. I just don’t see how i can EVER take the people behind the show seriously if they can’t keep things at least a little consistent as a collective. Everything changes all the goddamn time!

So was his power level 10 thousand now at birth? Or much less as these spoilers state....? I have lost all hope in the people behind this show.

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:40 pm

Anyone knows if Gine does something important other than saying goodbye to Goku?
Last edited by YamiGoku on Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:40 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:Okay guys, it’s time to get mad again. Are you ready?? There was one thing in this summary that truly truly pissed me the fuck off! And that was Paragus scanning Baby Broly’s power level to be 920. Uhmmm... the Fuck!? It was very clearly revealed in a promo material a few weeks back that Broly was born with a PL of over 10.000! They just can NOT stay consistent at all it seems... Why is that so hard? Why do they contradict themselves soo fucking much? Sorry for my rant guys, but i am just really mad and dissapointed here. I just don’t see how i can EVER take the people behind the show seriously if they can’t keep things at least a little consistent as a collective. Everything changes all the goddamn time!

So was his power level 10 thousand now at birth? Or much less as these spoilers state....? I have lost all hope in the people behind this show.
The 10.000 thing wasn't official, was it? I'm not sure. And 920 is maybe because Broly is exhausted, I don't know if that would change his power level, but we never know. Or maybe that guy forgot to add one 0 to make it 9.200...
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:41 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:Okay guys, it’s time to get mad again. Are you ready?? There was one thing in this summary that truly truly pissed me the fuck off! And that was Paragus scanning Baby Broly’s power level to be 920. Uhmmm... the Fuck!? It was very clearly revealed in a promo material a few weeks back that Broly was born with a PL of over 10.000! They just can NOT stay consistent at all it seems... Why is that so hard? Why do they contradict themselves soo fucking much? Sorry for my rant guys, but i am just really mad and dissapointed here. I just don’t see how i can EVER take the people behind the show seriously if they can’t keep things at least a little consistent as a collective. Everything changes all the goddamn time!

Maybe he got weaker over time or maybe its just a translation error, like they were trying to say he had a 920k PL as a Oozaru

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:42 pm

Promotional material statements aren't fact until/unless it is in the actual story.