Who Did the Music for Dragon Ball Fusions?

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Majin Buu
Advanced Regular

Who Did the Music for Dragon Ball Fusions?

Post by Majin Buu » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:13 am

I haven't played Dragon Ball Fusions so I was surprised to discover through Twitter today that some of its music is very Kikuchi-esqe.

I listened to some of tracks in question and they're wonderful. It's exactly what I would imagine a modern day Kikuchi score sounding like (particularly the electric guitars sounding heavier than they do in Kikuchi's work).

But I can't for the life of me find out who did the score for this game. Does anyone know?

As a side note: This actually makes me kind of mad though because it proves beyond a doubt that Toei just doesn't want Dragon Ball to sound like Kikuchi anymore since they are clearly capable of finding people that can emulate his style. This is one of the reasons I have next to no interest in modern Dragon Ball, it doesn't sound like Dragon Ball anymore.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Who Did the Music for Dragon Ball Fusions?

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:35 am

Composer / Sound Effect / Voice Direction is all credited to Takayuki Kobara, who is one of the in-house composers at Ganbarion (the game's developer).

Yes, the soundtrack to Dragon Ball Fusions is amazing and I've been beating its drum since my initial playthrough and it's just the absolute bestest of the bestestststs.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Majin Buu
Advanced Regular

Re: Who Did the Music for Dragon Ball Fusions?

Post by Majin Buu » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:58 am

VegettoEX wrote:Composer / Sound Effect / Voice Direction is all credited to Takayuki Kobara, who is one of the in-house composers at Ganbarion (the game's developer).

Yes, the soundtrack to Dragon Ball Fusions is amazing and I've been beating its drum since my initial playthrough and it's just the absolute bestest of the bestestststs.
Thanks! I'm sure this has been said many times before, but he really should be the one doing the music for all the new anime stuff.

But that'll never happen, because again, Toei just doesn't want Dragon Ball to sound like Dragon Ball anymore.