"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GTx10
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by GTx10 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:55 pm

While I am happy that New Broly is getting that sweet showcase I would like to know when the 2nd Anime Music Pack is being released and well when this DLC is coming out. Come on Xenoverse 2 website give me some answers!
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:41 am

TOP Stage look cleaaaaan
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:48 pm

I honestly think between the new manga arc, the broly movie, the TOP and the dark demon realm there is more than enough content for a new game. You could even throw in the Legends content too for good measure

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:16 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:I honestly think between the new manga arc, the broly movie, the TOP and the dark demon realm there is more than enough content for a new game. You could even throw in the Legends content too for good measure
I rather we get a COMPLETELY ORIGINAL story
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:12 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:I honestly think between the new manga arc, the broly movie, the TOP and the dark demon realm there is more than enough content for a new game. You could even throw in the Legends content too for good measure
Sadly, it might never happen anytime soon...

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:32 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Considering the route these games take I wouldn't expect anything completely original, but some original stuff mixed in with the actual series story telling with small changes. Basically more of the same. I'm fine with that though, the stories have been fun little things even if I pretty much hated XV2 story and power inconsistencies (the major ones, like base Vegeta killing Janemba was dumb).

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:37 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
I was more meaning in terms of characters and moves they could adapt in as part of a new story since there’s now the infinite history timeline stuff thanks to fu

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:14 am

nato25 wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: I rather we get a COMPLETELY ORIGINAL story
Considering the route these games take I wouldn't expect anything completely original, but some original stuff mixed in with the actual series story telling with small changes. Basically more of the same. I'm fine with that though, the stories have been fun little things even if I pretty much hated XV2 story and power inconsistencies (the major ones, like base Vegeta killing Janemba was dumb).
Doesn't he blast him alongside the much stronger CaC2? Also CaC2 has battered down Janemba to 0hp so o really don't see a problem.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:32 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
I wrote enough in the XV3 Wishlist thread to constitute a whole original story with a plethora of ideas and all that needs to happen is adapt in all the new content that came out over the last year. The problem comes from the fact that these game companies are getting lazier and it's a rare thing that we get a decent game. Much less a decent sequel.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:14 pm

Zelvin wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: I rather we get a COMPLETELY ORIGINAL story
I wrote enough in the XV3 Wishlist thread to constitute a whole original story with a plethora of ideas and all that needs to happen is adapt in all the new content that came out over the last year. The problem comes from the fact that these game companies are getting lazier and it's a rare thing that we get a decent game. Much less a decent sequel.
3 is the magic number when it comes to a db game series. Plus, there was only a small gap between XV1 and XV2 so they had almost no time to write up a completely original story. The gap between XV2 and XV3 is much bigger which means much more time to write.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:21 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Zelvin wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote: Sadly, it might never happen anytime soon...
3 is the magic number when it comes to a db game series. Plus, there was only a small gap between XV1 and XV2 so they had almost no time to write up a completely original story. The gap between XV2 and XV3 is much bigger which means much more time to write.
Are you happy for them to continue the Fu story? Also what were your opinions on all the additional story they added with Fu with the branching paths. I could not believe they went to that much effort to write new story lines for all those character combinations, a lot of them were really well done as well.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:57 pm

nato25 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Zelvin wrote: I wrote enough in the XV3 Wishlist thread to constitute a whole original story with a plethora of ideas and all that needs to happen is adapt in all the new content that came out over the last year. The problem comes from the fact that these game companies are getting lazier and it's a rare thing that we get a decent game. Much less a decent sequel.
Are you happy for them to continue the Fu story? Also what were your opinions on all the additional story they added with Fu with the branching paths. I could not believe they went to that much effort to write new story lines for all those character combinations, a lot of them were really well done as well.
Just an entire story of that would be perfectly fine.

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:32 am

Don't forget, the main plot of XV2 ends with Tokitoki's egg hatching a brand new timeline (which I thought the Supreme Kai of Time was supposed to prevent, but whatever.) XV3 will probably concern that time line. If the Fu stuff was a taste of what was to come, we may even get a branching storyline with familiar characters, but none of the usual recycling of Dragon Ball Z history. An alternate history sort of thing.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:55 am

ZeroNeonix wrote:Don't forget, the main plot of XV2 ends with Tokitoki's egg hatching a brand new timeline (which I thought the Supreme Kai of Time was supposed to prevent, but whatever.) XV3 will probably concern that time line. If the Fu stuff was a taste of what was to come, we may even get a branching storyline with familiar characters, but none of the usual recycling of Dragon Ball Z history. An alternate history sort of thing.
Id love this. You could do so much with it.

Perhaps Bardock escaped into that timeline after going super saiyan 3?

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:36 pm

Kanassa wrote:
nato25 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: 3 is the magic number when it comes to a db game series. Plus, there was only a small gap between XV1 and XV2 so they had almost no time to write up a completely original story. The gap between XV2 and XV3 is much bigger which means much more time to write.
Just an entire story of that would be perfectly fine.
Yeah. But the Infinite Barching History missions got kinda repetitive so they should try to spice things up a bit so that each path is more unique

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:09 pm

I just had a thought: You know all those DB Games that have the big world map? Why not a stage of that with no barriers, just the stage circling back. Would look goofy, but kinda cool at the same time.

Kanassa wrote:

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:16 pm

I've been experimenting with the characters here and there, especially on higher difficulties. Some work rather well since the last update. Like Mira in the final PQ.

However, certain characters that you would expect to be viable so late, barely cut it. Take Jiren for example. Sure, his ultimate packs a nasty punch (no pun intended), but his base attack needs to be bumped up, or his super soul needs a better effect.

SSJ4 Gogeta's main Super and best ultimate can deal decent damage. But, that's about all the character has going for it. The attack stats are underwhelming, and BBK takes too long to charge up with very low range. His Super Soul is somewhat useful, being able to erase a bar of Ki with a charged Ki attack. But, only so much.

Oh, and I really hate the "Race Kefla" quest. Mainly because of the Cooler section.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:15 pm

Jackalope89 wrote:I've been experimenting with the characters here and there, especially on higher difficulties. Some work rather well since the last update. Like Mira in the final PQ.

However, certain characters that you would expect to be viable so late, barely cut it. Take Jiren for example. Sure, his ultimate packs a nasty punch (no pun intended), but his base attack needs to be bumped up, or his super soul needs a better effect.

SSJ4 Gogeta's main Super and best ultimate can deal decent damage. But, that's about all the character has going for it. The attack stats are underwhelming, and BBK takes too long to charge up with very low range. His Super Soul is somewhat useful, being able to erase a bar of Ki with a charged Ki attack. But, only so much.

Oh, and I really hate the "Race Kefla" quest. Mainly because of the Cooler section.
Yeah its annoying that the cast outside of your CaC is essentially useless for high level PQs. Stats should rise with your CaC level.

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:42 pm

I would also say the difficulty of later PQ needs to be lowered. Those blue health bars are insane when mixed with seemingly super armor, 15 minutes, and three enemies on the field. Super Baby Vegeta alone can fu@k you up if you don't pay attention. However the fans seem to want balances and patches so that PvP (one aspect of this game) can be more "fair and fun."
Yet High level, DLC PQ can be a pain and certain Expert Missions can be down right impossible due to these "draw out situations." I should be able to beat a later DLC PQ alone with two CPUs with minor issues. Playing with others then should be fun, (which it is) but maybe I want to tackle a PQ alone and pass it.
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:24 pm

For the last few DLC PQs, I had to resort to using SSB Goku with his Turtle Gi and "I'm neither Kami nor Piccolo" variant Piccolo to even hope to ultimate finish them. And that's not counting the countless replays due to God Forsaken RNGesus (still haven't gotten Kefla's Ult)