"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GTx10
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by GTx10 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:34 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote:For the last few DLC PQs, I had to resort to using SSB Goku with his Turtle Gi and "I'm neither Kami nor Piccolo" variant Piccolo to even hope to ultimate finish them. And that's not counting the countless replays due to God Forsaken RNGesus (still haven't gotten Kefla's Ult)
A Saiyan or Namekian with 100 in No Super mixed with Golden Freeza's Death Beam ultimate does work well in you get tired of SSBlue Goku. But other than that Supernova Cooler is your other best friend.
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:41 pm

I usually don´t complain about the difficulty of certain missions because I'm not an A gamer so probably is my lack of skills, but I do find hard as fuck to Z rank PQ 99 even when I was on a roll and Z-ranked every other PQ, the one with a 5' limit, Zarbon, Dodoria, then the Freeza clan, travel like 500 000 km to a portal to fight 3 metal Coolers and Bardock. Not even online I could get it done. And don't get me started with the new ones.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:55 am

Koitsukai wrote:I usually don´t complain about the difficulty of certain missions because I'm not an A gamer so probably is my lack of skills, but I do find hard as fuck to Z rank PQ 99 even when I was on a roll and Z-ranked every other PQ, the one with a 5' limit, Zarbon, Dodoria, then the Freeza clan, travel like 500 000 km to a portal to fight 3 metal Coolers and Bardock. Not even online I could get it done. And don't get me started with the new ones.
The second version of Hit isn't a bad choice either. His supers ignore blocks, for example. I use him for fun on the very last new PQ. Especially powering up with his transformation.

Also, male human striker build.
Super Soul- Champa's
QQ Bang- -5 -5 +5 +5 +5 -5
Stats-70 health, 0 Ki, 55 Stamina, 125 basic and strike attacks.

Moves-
Super God Fist
Time Skip/Back Breaker (great for enemies that zip behind you)
Meditation (gives you 10 Ki bars for a good while, and makes up for what the QQ Bang and stats take)
Max charge

Dragon Fist/Power Rush (if they charge you head on, do power fist)
Justice Combination (best ultimate to combo into, and on the knock back, gives you just enough time to do another meditate if you feel you need to)
Potential Unleashed (obviously)
Here, I prefer psychic move on him, but so long as it either fully blocks an attack (like force field) or moves you out of the way, feel free to choose.

And, I literally re-did this mission using this build. I cut it a little close, but I still got Z and the Gold Warning. Barring levels where you have to deal with giant monkeys (ki blasts on them all the way, which this build is NOT for), this build I have literally Z Ranked in everything. His damage output is insane. Especially with moves like Dragon Fist or Power Rush. Even his basic attacks do far more than others. Even my SSJ Blue Saiyans.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:06 am

MKCSTEALTH wrote:For the last few DLC PQs, I had to resort to using SSB Goku with his Turtle Gi and "I'm neither Kami nor Piccolo" variant Piccolo to even hope to ultimate finish them. And that's not counting the countless replays due to God Forsaken RNGesus (still haven't gotten Kefla's Ult)
Can't help you on the last bit. But try someone like Hit Second Costume. His speed his ridiculous, and with the update, you can even land his ultimate in these levels (if you break their stamina). And with how fast his stamina regens, you don't need to really wait long when zipping between portals.
Though, the chasing Kefla level is still the one I have the most issues with. And that's mainly because of those Coolers.

A good, all around Super Soul I've found, is Kale's. For about 30 seconds, all of your attacks are heavily reduced. Afterwards, they're brought back to normal, and then ALL are given a Large boost. And yes, I have farmed it.
GTx10 wrote:I would also say the difficulty of later PQ needs to be lowered. Those blue health bars are insane when mixed with seemingly super armor, 15 minutes, and three enemies on the field. Super Baby Vegeta alone can fu@k you up if you don't pay attention. However the fans seem to want balances and patches so that PvP (one aspect of this game) can be more "fair and fun."
Yet High level, DLC PQ can be a pain and certain Expert Missions can be down right impossible due to these "draw out situations." I should be able to beat a later DLC PQ alone with two CPUs with minor issues. Playing with others then should be fun, (which it is) but maybe I want to tackle a PQ alone and pass it.
Yeah, Expert Missions can really suck. But, there is a way past. Ki blast build SSJ2 or Blue Saiyan, and with meditation and the "Hmmm Hmmm Hmmm" Super Soul. It regens your health AND your allies. Online and Off.

And, in my experience with Super Baby Vegeta, I'm usually right in front of him when he goes to his ultimate. When he starts that animation, break his stamina immediately. Unless you have something like Force Field. Otherwise, you better have high health, because that is going to do a LOT of damage.
nato25 wrote:
Jackalope89 wrote:I've been experimenting with the characters here and there, especially on higher difficulties. Some work rather well since the last update. Like Mira in the final PQ.

However, certain characters that you would expect to be viable so late, barely cut it. Take Jiren for example. Sure, his ultimate packs a nasty punch (no pun intended), but his base attack needs to be bumped up, or his super soul needs a better effect.

SSJ4 Gogeta's main Super and best ultimate can deal decent damage. But, that's about all the character has going for it. The attack stats are underwhelming, and BBK takes too long to charge up with very low range. His Super Soul is somewhat useful, being able to erase a bar of Ki with a charged Ki attack. But, only so much.

Oh, and I really hate the "Race Kefla" quest. Mainly because of the Cooler section.
Yeah its annoying that the cast outside of your CaC is essentially useless for high level PQs. Stats should rise with your CaC level.
Well, some "work", but trying to get the Gold New Enemies thing to appear is about impossible outside of a few (Hit, SSBKK Goku, maybe Jiren).

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:30 pm

What is this "new gold enemies?" Also any idea how to get this "hmmm, hmmm, hmmm" Super Soul?
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:57 pm

GTx10 wrote:What is this "new gold enemies?" Also any idea how to get this "hmmm, hmmm, hmmm" Super Soul?
The thing you get when you generally unlock the Z rank for those missions. Like for Great Ape Festival, when you beat Nappa, Vegeta, and Bardock (optional first group of Time Patrollers), and then you get the message for the hidden stage for the second group of time patrollers? Yeah. That thing.

For "Hmmm Hmmm Hmmm" I think you need to do the Majin Buu quest thing. Where you visit him in his home and get him to pop out a bunch of the little Majins, and get the ones that, after you give them food (cabbage I believe, has the best chance) give you super souls. The red Majins. You still have to RNG it, but yeah.

Glen300

Post by Glen300 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:17 pm

Nevermind I got it

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:21 pm

Jackalope89 wrote:
GTx10 wrote:What is this "new gold enemies?" Also any idea how to get this "hmmm, hmmm, hmmm" Super Soul?
The thing you get when you generally unlock the Z rank for those missions. Like for Great Ape Festival, when you beat Nappa, Vegeta, and Bardock (optional first group of Time Patrollers), and then you get the message for the hidden stage for the second group of time patrollers? Yeah. That thing.

For "Hmmm Hmmm Hmmm" I think you need to do the Majin Buu quest thing. Where you visit him in his home and get him to pop out a bunch of the little Majins, and get the ones that, after you give them food (cabbage I believe, has the best chance) give you super souls. The red Majins. You still have to RNG it, but yeah.
Oh the hidden conditions like "defeat all Jiren's before they run away." Gotcha! And time to farm some Majins!

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:11 pm

After the new trailer, very hyped for both Broly and Gogeta

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:27 pm

I hope the attack where Gogeta crosses his arms and then raises them up is his new ult in XV2. I also hope its regular Gogeta in base and we are able to transform from base to ssj to Blue.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:50 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:I hope the attack where Gogeta crosses his arms and then raises them up is his new ult in XV2. I also hope its regular Gogeta in base and we are able to transform from base to ssj to Blue.
I bet we have to wait till XV3 for a transforming Gogeta and just get a Blue Gogeta in this DLC, just as we are only getting Full Power Broly.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:02 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:I hope the attack where Gogeta crosses his arms and then raises them up is his new ult in XV2. I also hope its regular Gogeta in base and we are able to transform from base to ssj to Blue.
I bet we have to wait till XV3 for a transforming Gogeta and just get a Blue Gogeta in this DLC, just as we are only getting Full Power Broly.
Probably. But it would be so easy. We already have SSB as a transformation. They could at least have him be in SSJ and have SSB as a transformation. But oh well. It is what it is.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:34 am

As expected, no transformation... Oh well. Glad but not so much.

Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:12 am

Anime Music Pack 2 is out for XV2 and FighterZ. Gotta say playing as UI Goku with Ultimate Battle playing in the background is great. Their are several classic Z era (JPN) music in this pack. It is worth it.

Edit: Where did u find that Gogeta Blue pic?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:03 am

GTx10 wrote:Anime Music Pack 2 is out for XV2 and FighterZ. Gotta say playing as UI Goku with Ultimate Battle playing in the background is great. Their are several classic Z era (JPN) music in this pack. It is worth it.

Edit: Where did u find that Gogeta Blue pic?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD4nH-jwRis&t=0s
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:47 am

I’m disappointed. Rather than getting that cool technique where he crosses his arms and then raises them, they use attack where Gogeta uses generic blue blast barrage.

And according to datamines, Gogeta only has one new ult.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:09 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:I’m disappointed. Rather than getting that cool technique where he crosses his arms and then raises them, they use attack where Gogeta uses generic blue blast barrage.

He can still have that the technique. Remember, the likes of Jiren Baby and Kefla had moves that changed depending on when used or how much ki is used.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:28 am

I was hoping we'd get that move where he shoots down that huge barrage of ki blasts at Broly as a move. We still might though.

I'm hyped, but I hope he becomes more of a Kefla situation then a Jiren in terms of his moves.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:38 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:Probably. But it would be so easy. We already have SSB as a transformation. They could at least have him be in SSJ and have SSB as a transformation. But oh well. It is what it is.
They don't seem to like transforming characters in this game for some reason. You're usually stuck with whatever form you select from the character selection screen. Hopefully that changes in XV3, but I expect we'll at least get base form Broly to play with when it eventually does come out.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:00 pm

Kanassa wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:I’m disappointed. Rather than getting that cool technique where he crosses his arms and then raises them, they use attack where Gogeta uses generic blue blast barrage.

He can still have that the technique. Remember, the likes of Jiren Baby and Kefla had moves that changed depending on when used or how much ki is used.
Yes but thats HIGHLEY unlikely. The attack where he crosses his arms is in a whole other scene from when he shoots the barrage of blasts. So it’s unlikely that if you have certain ki, the ultimate will start with the barrage of ki blasts and then lead into the attack where he crosses his arms since thats not how its gonna be in the movie.

And it’s unlikely that having more ki will somehow change your ultimate attack from the ki barrage to the arm crossing technique.

But what’s worse is this. The ki barrage technique is:

1. Not even accurate to the movie. Unless he does it in some other scene, when he shoots the ki barrage in the trailer, he shoots 2 blasts with both his hands and then puts his hands into a final flash like position to shoot out the rest. XV2’s version of the attack is wrong.

2. It looks recycled. The attack looks like a re-skinned Blaster Shell but sped up and with a different camera angle to make it look cinematic like an ultimate or the ki barrage part of Cabba’s ult but slowed down a bit.

And even if its not the same animation, just the fact that it looks similar to other attacks and it’s basically you generic ki barrage attack anyway, it disappoints me especially considering the new and original looking attack Gogeta used in the trailer.

Also, the arua Gogeta has in XV2 doesn’t do DBS Gogeta and his arua justice at all.