"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Jackalope89 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:09 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:I’m disappointed. Rather than getting that cool technique where he crosses his arms and then raises them, they use attack where Gogeta uses generic blue blast barrage.

And according to datamines, Gogeta only has one new ult.
He can still have that the technique. Remember, the likes of Jiren Baby and Kefla had moves that changed depending on when used or how much ki is used.
Yes but thats HIGHLEY unlikely. The attack where he crosses his arms is in a whole other scene from when he shoots the barrage of blasts. So it’s unlikely that if you have certain ki, the ultimate will start with the barrage of ki blasts and then lead into the attack where he crosses his arms since thats not how its gonna be in the movie.

And it’s unlikely that having more ki will somehow change your ultimate attack from the ki barrage to the arm crossing technique.

But what’s worse is this. The ki barrage technique is:

1. Not even accurate to the movie. Unless he does it in some other scene, when he shoots the ki barrage in the trailer, he shoots 2 blasts with both his hands and then puts his hands into a final flash like position to shoot out the rest. XV2’s version of the attack is wrong.

2. It looks recycled. The attack looks like a re-skinned Blaster Shell but sped up and with a different camera angle to make it look cinematic like an ultimate or the ki barrage part of Cabba’s ult but slowed down a bit.

And even if its not the same animation, just the fact that it looks similar to other attacks and it’s basically you generic ki barrage attack anyway, it disappoints me especially considering the new and original looking attack Gogeta used in the trailer.

Also, the arua Gogeta has in XV2 doesn’t do DBS Gogeta and his arua justice at all.
SSJ Gogeta is better than SSJ4 Gogeta in X2...

Here's to hoping Blue Gogeta is the best of the bunch.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:17 pm

Jackalope89 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Kanassa wrote: He can still have that the technique. Remember, the likes of Jiren Baby and Kefla had moves that changed depending on when used or how much ki is used.
Yes but thats HIGHLEY unlikely. The attack where he crosses his arms is in a whole other scene from when he shoots the barrage of blasts. So it’s unlikely that if you have certain ki, the ultimate will start with the barrage of ki blasts and then lead into the attack where he crosses his arms since thats not how its gonna be in the movie.

And it’s unlikely that having more ki will somehow change your ultimate attack from the ki barrage to the arm crossing technique.

But what’s worse is this. The ki barrage technique is:

1. Not even accurate to the movie. Unless he does it in some other scene, when he shoots the ki barrage in the trailer, he shoots 2 blasts with both his hands and then puts his hands into a final flash like position to shoot out the rest. XV2’s version of the attack is wrong.

2. It looks recycled. The attack looks like a re-skinned Blaster Shell but sped up and with a different camera angle to make it look cinematic like an ultimate or the ki barrage part of Cabba’s ult but slowed down a bit.

And even if its not the same animation, just the fact that it looks similar to other attacks and it’s basically you generic ki barrage attack anyway, it disappoints me especially considering the new and original looking attack Gogeta used in the trailer.

Also, the arua Gogeta has in XV2 doesn’t do DBS Gogeta and his arua justice at all.
SSJ Gogeta is better than SSJ4 Gogeta in X2...

Here's to hoping Blue Gogeta is the best of the bunch.
So far, he aint impressing me.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:31 pm

Was hoping that he would have a different model kind of like the new Broly. He's not a super serious character like he is in Fusion Reborn, he looks cocky and is having fun, so at least a smirk or something.

His aura looks bland and his moveset is gonna worry me. They already got the ki barrage wrong, it feels like UI Goku/Jiren all over where they rushed their moveset to release them early. They better not do my favorite fusion dirty. Give him the same treatment this new Broly is getting.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:05 pm

If Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Gogeta actually manages to be better than Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta, it's fine. The latter is almost unplayable and most of his techniques cannot link with anything else.

Conversely, I have been playing with Super Saiyan Gogeta a lot and he is quite good. When you perform the combo that he uses against Janemba in the movie and then breaks your opponent's stamina, you can actually hit them with Soul Punisher/Stardust Breaker because the opponent will stay stunned for a while. It's awesome. :clap:
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:09 pm

For those of you complaining about the aura for Gogeta, what the hell were you expecting? The SSB aura always looked like this.
Caulifla best girl! :)

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:11 am

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:For those of you complaining about the aura for Gogeta, what the hell were you expecting? The SSB aura always looked like this.
the movie has his look like its doubled in his power up shot, not unlike anime jiren's double stack aura

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:13 am

So it's been a minute since I read the data mine sheet, but Heroes has given Gogeta a new variation of Big Bag Kamehameha. Is that true for Xenoverse as well or is that most likely a Heroes exclusive?

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:10 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote:So it's been a minute since I read the data mine sheet, but Heroes has given Gogeta a new variation of Big Bag Kamehameha. Is that true for Xenoverse as well or is that most likely a Heroes exclusive?
I think I remember someone saying before that Gogeta Blue had the Big Bang Kamehameha attack in XV2, according to data miners.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:28 pm

According to the earliest datamine, Gogeta might have a variant slot, which means he would come with new/other skills. Hopefully this turns out to be true and one of them has Big Bang Kamehameha.
Here's the recent one Komodo posted.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:01 pm

According to that, Broly is slightly stronger than Gogeta Blue. We're getting Omen or MUI to finish Broly off I guess. At least it would be a chance to give MUI Goku that fake ultimate they gave him back in march that he never used in the anime.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:21 pm

Koitsukai wrote:According to that, Broly is slightly stronger than Gogeta Blue. We're getting Omen or MUI to finish Broly off I guess. At least it would be a chance to give MUI Goku that fake ultimate they gave him back in march that he never used in the anime.
Lol na. If UI were to be in the movie, we would have gotten merch hints. Merch predicted Gogeta a WHILE back. On the contrary, the merch debunked any chance of having UI or MUI Goku in the movie. Also, i dont think you should be using XV2 stats to judge who is more powerful, lol. Pretty sure Beerus is weaker than SSB KK Goku in XV2. And Gogeta Blue was dominating on Broly Full Power. Gogeta Blue is way stronger.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:23 pm

I dunno....Gogeta with blue hair and Broly without a shirt....should be a free update. Definitely not worth paying for if all the Pack contains is those two characters.

Does it at least come with an Ice Stage from the movie?

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:47 pm

Bullza wrote:I dunno....Gogeta with blue hair and Broly without a shirt....should be a free update. Definitely not worth paying for if all the Pack contains is those two characters.

you know they have different movesets right?

sanzo86

Post by sanzo86 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:49 pm

Both characters will most likely will have some new supers, ultimates, and combos just like they did for rose goku black as well as vegito blue.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:57 pm

Bullza wrote:I dunno....Gogeta with blue hair and Broly without a shirt....should be a free update. Definitely not worth paying for if all the Pack contains is those two characters.

Gogeta and Broly have new combos and attacks. That kind of content has never been a free update.

And no, the stage this time is a T.o.P stage. Not the ice stage

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:15 pm

I know they'd have new moves but that's not interesting enough to buy them when the moves are never really that great anyway.

If it has the Tournament of Power stage though then that's alright. Might just about justify it.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:35 am

Is there a date for the DLC release? will it be before the grand premiere?

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:44 pm

Koitsukai wrote:Is there a date for the DLC release? will it be before the grand premiere?
The press release that Bandai Namco sent me on private to post it as a news entry afterwards said that the DLC is going to come out at Christmas time.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:01 pm

DBXV2 on Switch is actually quite fun. The whole Switch gimmick of playing on TV then SNAP it's suddenly a handheld is neat. Combine that with the (if you so choose) motion controls equals "omG I motioned a KaMeHaMe-Ha and it happened! Great stuff.
The XV1 story line within the Switch version is actually cool, it's a whole game's story mode worth of content combined with the insane amount of things to do in XV2 equals what I think is the "definitive Dragon Ball (overall) Xenoverse experience." Their is only one thing the Switch version seems to be missing and that is the Free DJ character DLC. (The remixes of Cha-La Head Cha-La and WE GOTTA POWER) Other than that I'd say Switch XV2 is the version to get. Unless you have a PC in which case you have many, many mods.
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:30 pm