Things Super or a new series NEEDS to do

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Things Super or a new series NEEDS to do

Post by Grimlock » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:54 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:What is and isn’t necessary in DBS’s case is subjective a lot of the time. For me, i find the retellings unnecessary but for others like Toriyama, they think its needed for those who haven’t seen the movies.
It might be subjective, but that is exactly why Dragon Ball Super is stuck in the nonsense and can't expand itself.
AnimeNation101 wrote:Anyhow, connecting to my problem of how SDBH is using all the plot points DBS should have been using, a huge problem is that they introduce potentially major plot points just to not use them. Super should be exploring more universes, using Jiren’s evil doer, going to Sadala, etc.

Also, less Tournaments, more villains.
if we were to assume that Dragon Ball Super would have five sagas (or three original ones), they really couldn't have wasted time retelling things and making tournaments out of that limited number, they should have used wisely those five (three) sagas.

All in all, I absolutely agree.
AnimeNation101 wrote:Oh, and have arcs connect into one another like the Saiyan Saga did with the Namek saga and the Namek saga with the Cell Saga. And the Buu saga not connecting makes sense as they used the ol “time-skip” method.

Super’s arcs just feel so disconnected from one another.
Yeah, it would be cool for sagas to connect with other one(s) for a change a bit. I don't mind that much when there isn't a connection but it really feels like we are in a whole other situation in just a blink of an eye.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:24 pm

Super just needs more consistent writing, art and animation and I'll be happy as Larry.

Post by #17 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:50 pm

Bring back 17 who gets a power up to Super 17 without that stupid Hell Fighter 17 and that shit story

In games he can do it

Waluigiman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Waluigiman » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:35 pm

Better character usage: Make the others not named Goku or Vegeta live to their potential and change the "team" at every occasion. No empty shells of their former selves or parody versions.
More Villains: They don't always have to be overwhelming powerful and maybe have them do stuff like:
1. A main villain that is weaker than Goku but has abilities that will give Goku a hard time.
2. A team of villains like the shadow Dragons but with more teamwork.
3. Have a female villain for more variety and give her a gimmick like mind control, solid illusions or something like that.
4. A giant feral monster or a scientist that uses powerful machines.
Utilize anything that could give story potential:
1.the parasite Watagash meets a villain like Frieza or something.
2. Frieza manages to revive his old army or something. But the Ginyu Force don't die for later usage.
3. Do something about emperor pilaf and his two friends, I want to know if they are still after the Dragon Balls or what is the porpuse of them.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:11 pm

#1: Do not waste time and energy on a Broly film retelling. Just air the movie, either in full or as several 20 minute "episodes". Or don't air it at all. People are either following the franchise enough to have seen the film, or they won't care (or know) that they're not starting from the beginning. The beginning was in 1984 anyway.

#2: Keep Shintani. Yamamuro's time is hopefully over.

#3: Either Sumitomo moves more into a "kung fu" aesthetic for the music, or they replace him with someone who can/will.

#4: Another tournament. Maybe have it on Planet Salad, so the people who've wanted that can finally be happy. Freeza has to cooperate with the Saiyans once again, so #5 can happen; complete with the awkwardness of Freeza and Broly having to cooperate with each other. Even better if they're, ostensibly, forced to abide by stupid rules, like pairing up for fights or something. Jiren is eager for a rematch with Son Goku, but Goku is more interested in this newer even stronger guy! Jiren joins the "Forgotten Rivals of Son Goku" support group, of which Tenshinhan is the president.

#5: #RedemptionArc for Freeza, so #7 can happen.

#6: Move past the 28th Tenkaichi Budokai, so #7 can happen. The kids all inexplicably still look way too young, because Shueisha keeps forgetting to ask Toriyama to draw up new designs for background characters. Much of the fandom insists that they're dropping Super for real this time.

#7: Neko Majin adaptation. Beerus and Champa turn out to be Neko Majins. Final big bad is their papa. Something something Ultra Instinct. Final fight needs to simultaneously be dire as fuck but also filled to the brim with gag logic/physics, and really trippy all around. Toriyama, in one final gesture of effort, handles the storyboards for this final fight himself. Masaaki Yuasa (recently of Night Is Short, Walk On Girl and Devilman Crybaby fame) and Naoki Tate team up to animate it.

#8: Epilogue. Beerus is retiring soon. Goku and Vegeta have completed their training with Whis, but still aren't interested in the position. Freeza and Broly are taken on as candidates. Roll credits.

#9: Toriyama retires. Main story is done. Toyotaro, Ooishi, Lee, Toei, Shueisha, Bandai, and whoever else can and will keep milking the brand until the planet is no longer able to sustain human life, but Toriyama deserves to get off the train. Video game fans can have their wet dreams or whatever.

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:43 pm

Zephyr wrote:#1: Do not waste time and energy on a Broly film retelling. Just air the movie, either in full or as several 20 minute "episodes". Or don't air it at all. People are either following the franchise enough to have seen the film, or they won't care (or know) that they're not starting from the beginning. The beginning was in 1984 anyway.

#2: Keep Shintani. Yamamuro's time is hopefully over.

#3: Either Sumitomo moves more into a "kung fu" aesthetic for the music, or they replace him with someone who can/will.

#4: Another tournament. Maybe have it on Planet Salad, so the people who've wanted that can finally be happy. Freeza has to cooperate with the Saiyans once again, so #5 can happen; complete with the awkwardness of Freeza and Broly having to cooperate with each other. Even better if they're, ostensibly, forced to abide by stupid rules, like pairing up for fights or something. Jiren is eager for a rematch with Son Goku, but Goku is more interested in this newer even stronger guy! Jiren joins the "Forgotten Rivals of Son Goku" support group, of which Tenshinhan is the president.

#5: #RedemptionArc for Freeza, so #7 can happen.

#6: Move past the 28th Tenkaichi Budokai, so #7 can happen. The kids all inexplicably still look way too young, because Shueisha keeps forgetting to ask Toriyama to draw up new designs for background characters. Much of the fandom insists that they're dropping Super for real this time.

#7: Neko Majin adaptation. Beerus and Champa turn out to be Neko Majins. Final big bad is their papa. Something something Ultra Instinct. Final fight needs to simultaneously be dire as fuck but also filled to the brim with gag logic/physics, and really trippy all around. Toriyama, in one final gesture of effort, handles the storyboards for this final fight himself. Masaaki Yuasa (recently of Night Is Short, Walk On Girl and Devilman Crybaby fame) and Naoki Tate team up to animate it.

#8: Epilogue. Beerus is retiring soon. Goku and Vegeta have completed their training with Whis, but still aren't interested in the position. Freeza and Broly are taken on as candidates. Roll credits.

#9: Toriyama retires. Main story is done. Toyotaro, Ooishi, Lee, Toei, Shueisha, Bandai, and whoever else can and will keep milking the brand until the planet is no longer able to sustain human life, but Toriyama deserves to get off the train. Video game fans can have their wet dreams or whatever.
#7 should never happen. Freeza as a character is partly defined by his irredeemable nature. Making him a good guy would ruin his character.

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:48 pm

mecha3000 wrote:With Super seemingly returning or a new DB series coming, it's evident Dragon Ball will continue for a while longer, at least. So, I just wanted to throw a few suggestions for things DB NEEDS to do while it's still running. My number 1 is my MOST WANTED request and the others follow under it.

1. Uub: Super brought back Frieza, Future Trunks, and Android 17 (making the latter a breakout character in ways no one expected before). I always wanted 17 to come back, but no one really cared until Super made a big deal of him. I don't know if GT made people hesistant to 17 or fans just didn't care, but regardless - 17 is now a fan favorite character almost on a Vegeta or Piccolo level. Uub needs the same treatment. GT ruined Uub's potential (despite me liking GT) by relegating him as stalling plot device. Uub is Goku's hand-picked student and the physical representation of Goku's shift from student to master. Uub needs to become a Trunks/17-level breakout character. Super even mentions him throughout the anime and manga, so it seems to be setting up something. It's also unique to have a darker-skinned character be a main DB protagonist. Not trying to make this a discussion about diversity in cartoons, but that brings me to my next suggestion.

2. Pan and Bulla: Pan and Bulla have now both been born in Super, but are most likely going to be kept as babies for a while. Still, I believe it was a slight disservice to introduce female Super Saiyans/fusions in the form of Caulifla and Kale instead of Pan and Bulla, who were introduced first in the manga's history, but I forgive it since they come from a different universe. Still, the tingling sensation thing is stupid. Just flat out dumb. No one can defend that. I also, personally, do not exactly love Caulifla and Kale becuase I'd prefer for them to be more like how Cabba described Saiyans as hired protectors. Still, Pan and Bulla have a chance to become great characters who surpass Caulfila and Kale in popularity by doing unique things with them. Pan, Goku's granddaughter and Gohan's daughter?! Bulla, Bulma and Vegeta's daughter who unlike Pan is half-Saiyan and not 1/4th Saiyan and has the potential to go Super Saiyan while looking like BULMA, the series most prominent female protagonist?! Bulma as a Super Saiyan?! How is that not a golden idea just waiting to happen?

3. Introduce New Attacks: One of my main criticisms with DB as a late is the lack of new moves. When Goku learned Mafuba in DBS, I freaked out because it was something new (that's why it's my profile pic). I was so excited that I foolishly thought the games would start featuring Goku using Mafuba, which never came to be, but it was still nice to see Goku learn something new besides a power-up. Maybe, Goku can learn how to manifest ki into different forms or weapons, like a ki version of his Power Pole or like when he becomes Vegetto, an Energy Sword. Or even, a technique that shoots ki or energy from his feet like his Foot Kamehameha from DB. Just something different. I've been told Goku only learns from different masters and never creates moves of his own, so perhaps he learns something new from a new teacher or something?

4. Makaioshin: Toriyama introduced the concept of Makaioshin back in '09 I believe, but I don't think we've seen it introduced yet, at least not in the main DB canon. I know some might say Gods of Destruction already represent a Dark Kaioshin, but it's not really the same thing. Makaioshin are demons as far as I know, so it'd be interesting to see where demons fit alongside the gods in Dragon Ball.

5. Planet Sadala: We need to see Cabba's homeworld and how Vegeta (possibly even Goku) reacts to a Saiyan culture connected by a desire to uphold peace in the universe rather than unleash violence across it. Like I said above, I'm also not in love with Caulifla and Kale as characters so even ONE new female Super Saiyan who fits more in line with Cabba's character would be awesome. I'm sure this arc would also feature a new threat so I'm interested in what that would be.

That's all I can think of for now, but I'll probably think of more. Just so you guys know, my first two points don't mean Goku and Vegeta would no longer be the protagonists. Uub, Pan, and Bulla would just exist alongside them. Always seems to be a controversial thing so just wanted to clear that up. Thoughts? Any other suggestions?
YES! As far as I know, there have been no new original attacks for any of the recurring cast members. Toyo made a minimal effort by giving Vegeta a new attack in the Zamasu Arc, and that attack was the Gamma Burst; though the attack was kinda generic. It was always fun in the OG 42 volumes when characters got to present new attacks and techniques in almost ever next arc (especially for the Budokai arcs). The ToP tried to do something with these new attacks, but again, they weren't really original (for instance, Krillin's Sun Fist x 100 in episode 84).

Fortunately, it seems like Goku's going to get some new techniques in Broly, as shown in the trailers:

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:54 am

Waluigiman wrote:Better character usage: Make the others not named Goku or Vegeta live to their potential and change the "team" at every occasion. No empty shells of their former selves or parody versions.
More Villains: They don't always have to be overwhelming powerful and maybe have them do stuff like:
1. A main villain that is weaker than Goku but has abilities that will give Goku a hard time.
Fighter who can manipulation his opponents ki, fighter who can nullify ki on contact, fighter who steals ki with his own ki, clever fighter with unlimited ki like an Android #17 gone rogue ... better yet turn Android 17, 18, Future Trunks, Gohan, and Piccolo heel for an arc or make Goku and Vegeta the bad guys.
2. A team of villains like the shadow Dragons but with more teamwork.
I feel like we won't see this properly in DB. Zamasu and Black were the closest we're going to get. But I really like the idea of Goku and Vegeta turning heel and the rest of the Z fighters scrambling to come up with a way to defeat them. B team vs. the S team.

But going further with your idea, I would like to see a short of black ops squad armed with Goku's weaknesses go in and dissect him with godlike coordination. That'd be interesting. Kinda like how that Galactic patrol did, but with more sense.
2. Frieza manages to revive his old army or something. But the Ginyu Force don't die for later usage.
I love this! I've been saying for years that the Ginyu Force should come back as an evil version of the Z Warriors, kinda like rivals who occasionally get in the way. I mean, if Frieza can be given a chance, why not characters like the Ginyu's and Raditz? I'm sure the Ginyu's can train with Frieza and easily get as strong or stronger than Gohan and Piccolo in a short time.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:06 am

Akamay wrote:Well, assuming that they would go past the end of the original manga/end of Z, it wouldn't really be a surprise to see Uub, Pan and Bulla.

But if I were to choose, I'd rather have Goten and Trunks do something that would be a bit more serious.
Right now all they have is Gotenks and all the joke stuff "because they are kids". It'd be nice to have them do something.
I mean, yeah, Kid Trunks got to interact with Future Trunks and that was nice, but Goten still has nothing going for him.

It would be cool if Goku and Vegeta brought their families with them if they visited Planet Sadala, maybe have the kids and their wifes interacting with other Saiyans ?
Also, assuming that they don't completely ignore what happens on the Broly movie, it would also be a good way to show how Universes 6 and 7 are different.
As far as I know, they will show small glimpses of what Planet Vegeta was, it'd be cool to have a point of comparison between universes.

I was also kinda hoping that would explore a bit of the characters that died in the series a bit more.
Not necessarily bringing them back to life, but things like other people remembering them, maybe ?

Vegeta lived with Nappa and Raditz for most of his life. Given how much Goku has shown him that low class warriors have some value, maybe we could hear stuff that they did in the past with Vegeta expressing something other than contempt towards them ?
Dive a little bit into how Freeza's army worked ? Show the Ginyu force interacting with Vegeta before he could kill them all ? That could retroactively make Vegeta's killing spree on Namek more satisfying.
Maybe have Cabbe ask Vegeta what happened to the Saiyans of Universe 7 since they were so different.

It would also be neat to have maybe Master Roshi tell Goku about his Grandpa Gohan a bit more and the days that he trained him and King Ox.
Maybe have Goten ask King Ox about his youth and then he tells the whole story to Goten ?

Heck, having Vegeta and Goku being knocked down a bit from their high horses since they have been bad parents for a filler episode or two even.

Maybe have someone acknowledge Launch ?

Just because Dragon Ball Super is looking into expanding the "universe" it doesn't mean that all stories should be focused on something entirely new.
As long as it's new information for the audience, it would be neat.
I would personally like a Roshi arc. An arc of the past with him, Shen, and Mutaito. We did have that awesome arc episode in the Piccolo Daimao arc, but I'd like to see more Turtle vs. Crane shenanigans and why Roshi really doesn't want to learn the Bukujutsu.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

FiReFTW

Post by FiReFTW » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:40 pm

I agree with someone who said more villains and not necessarily strong ones.

Here are a few suggestions from me:

1.More different villains, they don't need to always be stronger and goku doesn't always need to unlock a new form ffs, villains can have more depth and be more unique, maybe some not strong villain but with huge magic skills and/or illusions and something like that, or one that prevents others around him to reach their limit (transform into more powerful beings such as SSJ etc) etc... lets have some cool new ideas.

2. More character development of other characters not named Goku and Vegeta... I love both Goku and Vegeta and love their teamup and their rivalry and that they get the main storyarc and main fights and all that, but we really need some more of other characters aswell, it doesn't need to be all about Goku and Vegeta.
Why can't we have 30% of the series about something else?
First of all lets have an story or so where only Goku is the main character no Vegita
Second a story where its all about Vegeta and he ends up saving the day alone (planet sadala maybe?)
Third lets have at least A few short stories that span for few episodes each about OTHER characters, Trunks and Goten maybe? Piccolo and Gohan? There can be short unique stories like that for sure with some villains mixed in aswell, currently we usually have 1 strongest villain ever so far appears in a new arc, Goku and Vegeta are main characters and somehow defeat him or Goku does by powering up to a new level or higher level than previously.. its very predictable and very similar to each arc before.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:50 pm

FiReFTW wrote:I agree with someone who said more villains and not necessarily strong ones.

Here are a few suggestions from me:

1.More different villains, they don't need to always be stronger and goku doesn't always need to unlock a new form ffs, villains can have more depth and be more unique, maybe some not strong villain but with huge magic skills and/or illusions and something like that, or one that prevents others around him to reach their limit (transform into more powerful beings such as SSJ etc) etc... lets have some cool new ideas.

2. More character development of other characters not named Goku and Vegeta... I love both Goku and Vegeta and love their teamup and their rivalry and that they get the main storyarc and main fights and all that, but we really need some more of other characters aswell, it doesn't need to be all about Goku and Vegeta.
Why can't we have 30% of the series about something else?
First of all lets have an story or so where only Goku is the main character no Vegita
Second a story where its all about Vegeta and he ends up saving the day alone (planet sadala maybe?)
Third lets have at least A few short stories that span for few episodes each about OTHER characters, Trunks and Goten maybe? Piccolo and Gohan? There can be short unique stories like that for sure with some villains mixed in aswell, currently we usually have 1 strongest villain ever so far appears in a new arc, Goku and Vegeta are main characters and somehow defeat him or Goku does by powering up to a new level or higher level than previously.. its very predictable and very similar to each arc before.
Trunks, and Goten in particular, really need some character building episodes. Trunks at least had that interaction with his future self. Goten? Usually he's just kind of there.

FiReFTW

Post by FiReFTW » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:49 pm

Oh and they should stop with the ridicilous power scaling that makes no sense.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:52 pm

zarmack wrote:#7 should never happen. Freeza as a character is partly defined by his irredeemable nature. Making him a good guy would ruin his character.
Tenshinhan was a scumbag training to become an assassin. Piccolo was the reincarnation of a literally pure evil being. Vegeta committed more than his own fair share of genocide. At the point of their respective introductions, you could easily argue every single one of them to be irredeemable. Yet all of them (and more) eventually started down a better path. The result is that one of Dragon Ball's pervasive and consistent themes is that anyone is redeemable under the right circumstances, and that interacting with Goku's oxymoronic pure-hearted selfishness tend to entail an essential component of said circumstances.

There's also a whole spectrum between "pure evil" and "good guy", so it's not like he'd be some champion of justice, or anything like that, just because he's not dangerously evil anymore.

Waluigiman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Waluigiman » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:46 pm

I love this! I've been saying for years that the Ginyu Force should come back as an evil version of the Z Warriors, kinda like rivals who occasionally get in the way. I mean, if Frieza can be given a chance, why not characters like the Ginyu's and Raditz? I'm sure the Ginyu's can train with Frieza and easily get as strong or stronger than Gohan and Piccolo in a short time.[/quote]
So far Dragon Ball Fighterz is the closest thing to this. I hope this happens in the anime just because I felt that there could be more to them. I also want to see if the Ginyu Force will remember fighting the dead Z fighters despite being Filler only, if not they can fight each other.

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:30 pm

Zephyr wrote:
zarmack wrote:#7 should never happen. Freeza as a character is partly defined by his irredeemable nature. Making him a good guy would ruin his character.
Tenshinhan was a scumbag training to become an assassin. Piccolo was the reincarnation of a literally pure evil being. Vegeta committed more than his own fair share of genocide. At the point of their respective introductions, you could easily argue every single one of them to be irredeemable. Yet all of them (and more) eventually started down a better path. The result is that one of Dragon Ball's pervasive and consistent themes is that anyone is redeemable under the right circumstances, and that interacting with Goku's oxymoronic pure-hearted selfishness tend to entail an essential component of said circumstances.

There's also a whole spectrum between "pure evil" and "good guy", so it's not like he'd be some champion of justice, or anything like that, just because he's not dangerously evil anymore.
Freeza has consistently been shown to be an unrepentant psychopath every time he appears and every time Goku's gives him a second chance. This suggest that Freeza (by both real life and DB's standards) is a complete psychopath. Toriyama himself even stated in an interview that Freeza was modeled after what he thinks are the worst kind of people imaginable. This suggest that he is mean't to be inherently irredeemable.

Psychopaths never change no matter what circumstances they go through, they are the reason why the death penalty exist in most cultures. The idea of an redemation arc for Freeza is so conceptually bad (and way too late to even consider) that even the best writers in the world can't make it work, because its just so unnatural (the redemption arcs for Piccolo and Vegeta were barely plausible themselves and the later is still no saint after his). I wouldn't want to see an redemption arc for characters like Cell, Super Buu nor any version of Zamasu either for the same reasons.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:21 pm

Freeza was also modelled after Toriyama's second editor. :P

If Piccolo is plausible (even if "barely"), then Freeza is plausible. Afterall, a literal manifestation of evil is more "conceptually irredeemable" than any psychopath.

Freeza being unrepentant every time so far does not entail that it is impossible. That only entails that he takes longer than the rest. He also needn't be full-on repentant to be less evil.

Finally, it's odd to assert that it's "too late to even think about" when he's already less of an asshole as of the Tournament of Power and the new film.

You're arguing that Freeza is so bad that couldn't/shouldn't happen, but thats precisely what makes the idea so amusing. Ridiculous shit is largely Toriyama's, and by extension Dragon Ball's, bread and butter. It becomes increasingly difficult for me to grasp, as more time goes on, how people actually have a line where Dragon Ball is too ridiculous for them. They're entitled to feel that way, but it's puzzling, given what the work itself actually is.

You bring up a good point, though. It's my boy Cell's turn next!

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:09 pm

Zephyr wrote:Freeza was also modelled after Toriyama's second editor. :P

If Piccolo is plausible (even if "barely"), then Freeza is plausible. Afterall, a literal manifestation of evil is more "conceptually irredeemable" than any psychopath.
Piccolo is not King Piccolo. A reincarnation of someone isn't inherently the same as them, otherwise Uub would have been portrayed as identical to Kid Buu.

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:18 pm

Zephyr wrote:
Freeza being unrepentant every time so far does not entail that it is impossible. That only entails that he takes longer than the rest. He also needn't be full-on repentant to be less evil.

Finally, it's odd to assert that it's "too late to even think about" when he's already less of an asshole as of the Tournament of Power and the new film.

You're arguing that Freeza is so bad that couldn't/shouldn't happen, but thats precisely what makes the idea so amusing. Ridiculous shit is largely Toriyama's, and by extension Dragon Ball's, bread and butter. It becomes increasingly difficult for me to grasp, as more time goes on, how people actually have a line where Dragon Ball is too ridiculous for them. They're entitled to feel that way, but it's puzzling, given what the work itself actually is.

You bring up a good point, though. It's my boy Cell's turn next!
1. If a character is repeatedly portrayed as immutably evil then there's no logical reason to exact any redemption arc.

2. Freeza is not any less of an asshole since the ToP (and definitely not in the new film since he's using Broly to kill Goku & Vegeta), he's just more pragmatic about his goals.

3. " Ridiculous shit is largely Toriyama's, and by extension Dragon Ball's, bread and butter", that doesn't make it any good, especially since most of the franchise's worst moments tend to be the most ridiculous.

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:32 pm

Turning DBS into a seasonal anime with a new time-slot would be great. It would mean better and more consistent animation & writing due to having more time, and it would also mean less censorship and more opportunity to appeal to the older age fanbase (who are the majority nowadays).

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:44 pm

For Me

1. A Arc about Android 21 and the Return of Cell to lead to a “Ultimate Cell”

2. Revealing the 4 unknown beings that are around Grand Minister’s level plus showing off their skills

3. History of Universe 13 to 18

4. Goku trying to teach Broly about God Ki Training While Vegeta goes to U6 Planet Sadala. Then something happens there which leads to Goku & Broly with Cheelai to going there to help. Then this Arc leads to things like SSJ2 Full Power (or SSJ God) Broly & SSJ3 Caulifla & SSJ3 Kale & SSJ3 Cabba.

5. Zalama showing up to take away all of the Dragon Balls in universe 6 & 7 due to his view of the heroes “misusing” his creations. So Goku and the gang try to convince him to not take them so Zalama decides to do a “God of The Dragon” Trial where the heroes have to beat Warriors that would basically be reworked Godly versions of the Shadow Dragons