"Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:07 am

https://twitter.com/DB_Legends/status/1 ... 6450068482

Kid Goku and new Event 'Legends Road' coming tomorrow where you'll gather 'Event Medals' to get the Sparking Kid Goku. Apparently, the key to this event will be yellow characters, so start leveling up all of thsoe that you have.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:18 pm

Man, this update gave old characters huge buffs! Now Freeza is the strongest YLW element char in the game surpassing Goku Black, Coola is the second strongest GRN element char, Captain Gyniu has surpassed Bardock and Paikuhan is the third strongest YLW element char.

Noah wrote:Man, I've been thinking on the meta recently and gosh with these new characters additions the Saiyan tag has become the most powerful yet, I think the only that could come close to make things balanced would be the Hybrid:

Making Ultimate Gohan a BLU element and SSJ3 Gotenks a RED one, would be definetely great counters to Gogeta and Goku Black. The Regeneration tag also could be worth depending on how will be Super Boo, his absorptions and Kid Boo.
And thinking about the story I think everyone would dig if the Part 3 had Zahha as the protagonist instead of Shallot.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:45 pm

Everyone hated Pikkon and now the same people will cry that he is too strong and that they want him...

Anyway, i was hoping for Pan to get some boost as well. Her z-abilty should boost not just strike attack but also blast attack. The same goes for special skill. And of course increase in stats since it's really hard to beat some characters in PvP and Gogeta already can be a challenge despite having color disadvantage to her.

I also wonder why there is "Kids" in new Goku's tags? He is older than Gohan SSJ2 and Pan, yet they do not have this tag. Wasn't Goku around 13 at the beginning of story? And this Goku is even older since it's from King Piccolo saga.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:30 am

I've spoke with someone who argue that depending on your connection method (data or wifi) you can increase your luck of having sparking. So in his opinion in Wifi mode your chance to get sparking are lower than if you use only data.
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:15 am

Man, this Legends Road event is such a pain in the ass! Sure, it's cool and somewhat original for this game, but the challenges are so damn hard. You have to spend a lot of time grinding in order to get Kid Goku, the plus side is that is easy to buy Energy Tickets so depending of your free time you could pull it faster.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:34 am

What would you guys say is a good combination of yellows for the Legends battles?

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:35 am

Noah wrote:Man, this Legends Road event is such a pain in the ass! Sure, it's cool and somewhat original for this game, but the challenges are so damn hard. You have to spend a lot of time grinding in order to get Kid Goku, the plus side is that is easy to buy Energy Tickets so depending of your free time you could pull it faster.
And not just that. To quickly gather all 3 sorts of tickets you need to finish all objectives... and the Ex-Missions requiere to beat them with Teenager Gokuu all alone. Yeah right. It's already hard enough to beat them with a fully powered max level Yellow Team as it is.
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS5)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:17 am

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:03 pm

EX Battles aren't hard but take time to beat.
I didn't beat CHALLENGE though. It's way too hard for my team.

I use #18, Pikkon and King Piccolo.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:23 pm

Noah wrote:Man, this Legends Road event is such a pain in the ass! Sure, it's cool and somewhat original for this game, but the challenges are so damn hard. You have to spend a lot of time grinding in order to get Kid Goku, the plus side is that is easy to buy Energy Tickets so depending of your free time you could pull it faster.
Don't miss the new accessory in the shop, either. You need a lot of gold medals to get it too.

There is one thing I'm wondering. Goku has character-specific rising souls and super souls. Can he not use regular rising souls or super souls? I really hope he's not limited that way.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:26 pm

Kanassa wrote:What would you guys say is a good combination of yellows for the Legends battles?
Personally, I use Final Form Frieza, Paikon, and Gohan. They're the three yellow characters I have with the highest power levels. I hope they raise the level cap soon, though. I hate when these missions ask you to fight an enemy that is two hundred levels higher than you can go.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:00 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: There is one thing I'm wondering. Goku has character-specific rising souls and super souls. Can he not use regular rising souls or super souls? I really hope he's not limited that way.
Actually, he uses both. You need both yellow and the ones from shop.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:14 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote: There is one thing I'm wondering. Goku has character-specific rising souls and super souls. Can he not use regular rising souls or super souls? I really hope he's not limited that way.
Actually, he uses both. You need both yellow and the ones from shop.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:40 pm

Kanassa wrote:What would you guys say is a good combination of yellows for the Legends battles?
Well, the best is: Freeza, Goku Black and Paikuhan, but you also need to have good bench chars like HE Nappa, EX Trunks and EX Tenshinhan.

Since I don't have Black and my Paikuhan is underleved I use Freeza, Super Vegeta and Heart Virus SSJ Goku.
Xaroc wrote:And not just that. To quickly gather all 3 sorts of tickets you need to finish all objectives... and the Ex-Missions requiere to beat them with Teenager Gokuu all alone. Yeah right. It's already hard enough to beat them with a fully powered max level Yellow Team as it is.
Well, I'm sure I won't be able to complete all challenges in time, but I know this event will return (much like the Raditz one that was another pain in the yes back on the day) and I might be able to complete.

Also a tip: spend your energy/energy tickets on the first three missions, it's been than spending more on the Ex ones.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:58 pm

Noah wrote:
Well, the best is: Freeza, Goku Black and Paikuhan, but you also need to have good bench chars like HE Nappa, EX Trunks and EX Tenshinhan.

Since I don't have Black and my Paikuhan is underleved I use Freeza, Super Vegeta and Heart Virus SSJ Goku.
Ah, I just need to level and soul up Black then. Wonder if the Devs heard my groans every time I kept summoning another Paikaun and Freeza and decided to boost up those two

Kanassa wrote:

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PsionicWarrior » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:31 pm

Got this yesterday and gotta say I find it quite fun lol

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:47 pm

So I think I start to get around this stuff and I could use some advice; I put at lvl 1000 EX Blue Goku, SP SSJ2 Purple Youth Gohan and EX SSJ Goku red, I'm also building up a green EX Yamucha and I am wondering if a SP Yellow Paikuhan I just got is worth leveling for this party, any help on the synergies appreciated cheers lol

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:33 pm

PsionicWarrior wrote:So I think I start to get around this stuff and I could use some advice; I put at lvl 1000 EX Blue Goku, SP SSJ2 Purple Youth Gohan and EX SSJ Goku red, I'm also building up a green EX Yamucha and I am wondering if a SP Yellow Paikuhan I just got is worth leveling for this party, any help on the synergies appreciated cheers lol
Just keep playing and mostly check your Z Mission to leveling up your character efficiently. I use too a green EX Yamcha and a Sp Yellow Paikuhan. Is there an efficient way to finish Legends Roads ? And how to level up the friendship bar metters also efficiently ?

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:07 am

Thanks yeah I just understood everyone in the party is affecting the battle and not only the three you bring lol
I guess I go on solid Saiyajin synergies for now as these are the characters I invested in insofar,
No idea about friendship I guess it's about often battling along same folks but not sure lol

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:42 pm

PsionicWarrior wrote:Thanks yeah I just understood everyone in the party is affecting the battle and not only the three you bring lol
I guess I go on solid Saiyajin synergies for now as these are the characters I invested in insofar,
No idea about friendship I guess it's about often battling along same folks but not sure lol
Friendship levels increase when you fight with a character, but only within the story-mode. From what I've read, fighting with Shallot in your party may increase the points gained, but I can't verify that.