Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:41 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Amir wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
where's this quote from?
When Vegeta transforms into Blue against Golden Frieza, Goku says: "unlike me, Vegeta didn't need the ritual to reach the god form, it's purely his own power" or something along the lines.
In the anime? Because he said nothing in the movie. It was just Vegeta beating on him till Frieza went all sore loser. Do you have the episode number and timecode?

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:42 pm

https://twitter.com/Loop_Zen/status/1072122169356939267

Italian VA basically saying the anime is already in the works of coming back. We all expected it but good to hear a confirmation

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:43 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Amir wrote:
When Vegeta transforms into Blue against Golden Frieza, Goku says: "unlike me, Vegeta didn't need the ritual to reach the god form, it's purely his own power" or something along the lines.
In the anime? Because he said nothing in the movie. It was just Vegeta beating on him till Frieza went all sore loser. Do you have the episode number and timecode?
Interesting, makes you wonder why Goku needed to do the ritual when that was made out to be the main method. I'd one day like to know how Vegeta did it.

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:54 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
RecolorSaiyan wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Interesting, makes you wonder why Goku needed to do the ritual when that was made out to be the main method. I'd one day like to know how Vegeta did it.

Interestingly enough, End of BoG Movie + Volume F Interview implied Vegeta also did the ritual since Goku was the first one to seek out training with Whis unlike in the anime where Vegeta got 6+ months with Whis before goku showed up.

Also they never mention anything in the movie, just act as if he had it the whole time. Those promo stickers said he got it via training but they also said ssb had a huge drain which no summary has mentioned to play any part in the movie

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:40 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote:https://twitter.com/Loop_Zen/status/1072122169356939267

Italian VA basically saying the anime is already in the works of coming back. We all expected it but good to hear a confirmation
"and the next one which is now in production in Japan, that will be the continuation of the cinematographic work"

Thanks for that. Definitely cool to hear that confirmation.

If it didn't return I don't know what I would do! :crazy:

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:48 pm

If it turns out to be true, thank Dende they won't retell the movie. Though it would mean I would get more scenes in the past (more Bardock, Gine and King Vegeta is always a pleasure), my experience with the previous retellings were not good at all. So probably it's for the best that that they won't waste time retelling the movie. The series needs other, different stuff and hopefully this time it won't be stuck in the safe zone like it has been and the series actually brings/deals with other concepts.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:30 pm

Lets not forget that Shueisha labeled the Super manga official canon.
There is no reason to remember something that never happened. A translator using the words "Dragon Ball Super is the canonical continuation" on a "mural" that consists of Manga pictures is not the same as a translator using the word canonical on a "mural" saying "the manga is the definitive canonical continuation". There is no reason the manga or the anime's pictures cannot be used by proxy for both versions when it comes to such public presentation.
Last edited by Cetra on Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:31 pm

I have no doubt in my mind that they will indeed retell the broly movie. I just know it somehow.

Shounen
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shounen » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:14 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:I have no doubt in my mind that they will indeed retell the broly movie. I just know it somehow.
If they wanted to retell they probably would have to wait few months for the Blu-ray release.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:19 pm

Shounen wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:I have no doubt in my mind that they will indeed retell the broly movie. I just know it somehow.
If they wanted to retell they probably would have to wait few months for the Blu-ray release.
If they want the show's old time slot then it wouldn't come back to air until around early summer. There are still a good 20 weeks or so of Kitaro left.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:34 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Shounen wrote:
If they want the show's old time slot then it wouldn't come back to air until around early summer. There are still a good 20 weeks or so of Kitaro left.
I'm fine with waiting until early next summer. I have a lot of stuff to take care of until then.

I'm also just happy it's coming back and hope they keep the new character designs because I really like them.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:46 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Shounen wrote:
Didn't they say that the new Kitaro series would last a year? It started in March so that would mean a less than 20 episodes. Or maybe they meant at least a year. Either way, I' fine with them taking their time, especially if that means a healthier schedule for the staff.

Side note though, I think we should wait for an official confirmation before get caught up in expectations like this. Not saying there is no way a VA wouldn't know about these things, but it's also not the safest source.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:37 pm

Cetra wrote:
There is no reason to remember something that never happened. A translator using the words "Dragon Ball Super is the canonical continuation" on a "mural" that consists of Manga pictures is not the same as a translator using the word canonical on a "mural" saying "the manga is the definitive canonical continuation". There is no reason the manga or the anime's pictures cannot be used by proxy for both versions when it comes to such public presentation.
https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/1057 ... Fpage-5152

The word canon can be reasonable to use to describe the word according to herms. It definitely did happen.
RecolorSaiyan wrote:https://twitter.com/Loop_Zen/status/1072122169356939267

If true it's pretty exciting! I really do hope Jump Festa confirms this info!! I have no doubt that the anime will do a Broly arc!!!

Terez
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Terez » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:04 pm

Miracles wrote:
Cetra wrote:
The word canon can be reasonable to use to describe the word according to herms. It definitely did happen.
Yes but I believe it's extremely unreasonable to take the mural statement to apply only to the manga. Similar words were used to describe BOG as the canon sequel to the OG manga when it came out, and it's clear that they only mean "this is Toriyama's continuation" (as opposed to GT) which applies more or less equally to all of the Super-era continuities.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:05 pm

Miracles wrote:
You read my 2 1/4 line-post and did not understand it at all even though the explanation was in there. Terez did. How you can quote it completely yet miss the point is beyond me considering 100% was about what Terez paraphrased.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:29 am

Terez wrote:
Miracles wrote:
Cetra wrote: There is no reason to remember something that never happened. A translator using the words "Dragon Ball Super is the canonical continuation" on a "mural" that consists of Manga pictures is not the same as a translator using the word canonical on a "mural" saying "the manga is the definitive canonical continuation". There is no reason the manga or the anime's pictures cannot be used by proxy for both versions when it comes to such public presentation.
Yes but I believe it's extremely unreasonable to take the mural statement to apply only to the manga. Similar words were used to describe BOG as the canon sequel to the OG manga when it came out, and it's clear that they only mean "this is Toriyama's continuation" (as opposed to GT) which applies more or less equally to all of the Super-era continuities.
If it applied to all continuities it would of had them in the timeline. It goes so far to showcase an unfinished manga TOP in the timeline instead of the finished anime series TOP.
Cetra wrote:
Miracles wrote:
You read my 2 1/4 line-post and did not understand it at all even though the explanation was in there. Terez did. How you can quote it completely yet miss the point is beyond me considering 100% was about what Terez paraphrased.
You tried to mental hoop with a rationale that the text stating canonical sequel could mean Super continuities in general since it didn't specifically label the manga alone as canon. However, I posted herms translations for you to see the wall is only showing the manga images when referring to what it says is canon. It doesn't have to tell us when it is showing us what is official history of DB.

Terez
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Terez » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:06 am

Miracles wrote:If it applied to all continuities it would of had them in the timeline.
Says who? Seems like an argument based on personal preference instead of any real logic or evidence. The logic says that their usage of "canon" refers only to Toriyama's involvement in the story. It's the only logic that fits with all the other official statements on this subject. Most people never even considered that it referred only to the manga because you really have to stretch to get to that position.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:53 am

TheRed259 wrote:Official music video for Blizzard:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqllOJ7ut10
Straight garbage, but still it's a nice song.
I'm sure someone could make a nice amv out of it with clips from the movie.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:00 am

Michsi wrote:Didn't they say that the new Kitaro series would last a year? It started in March so that would mean a less than 20 episodes. Or maybe they meant at least a year. Either way, I' fine with them taking their time, especially if that means a healthier schedule for the staff.

Side note though, I think we should wait for an official confirmation before get caught up in expectations like this. Not saying there is no way a VA wouldn't know about these things, but it's also not the safest source.
I believe their only statement was that it was guaranteed to last "at least" 50 episodes.