The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by Berserker1921 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:32 pm

What-If Broly was discovered before the events of ToP? Would this greatly change the actual Tournament itself? Or not really?

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:20 pm

In the manga he'd replace Roshi, if he survives long enough to transform he'd probably be able to beat Jiren either alone or with Goku or Hit.

Roshi told Goku to get his shit together and attain UI so if roshis not there to do that it'd be down to Broly to take jiren, or wound him down to the others level. Goku could then fight guys like Kefla while Gohan fights weaker guys and doesn't need double KO to do it.

U7 clean sweeps even easier possibly Kuririn and Ten don't go out with an extra person to potentially protect them from Frost. Butterfly effect and so on.

The only way it goes worse is if Broly replaces roshi and doesn't get a chance to power up.

In the anime roshi actually took out the illusion fighter and the duck who supposedly would have caused trouble if he had more time to power up. So it depends who they end up fighting instead would be a big butterfly effect thing.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:28 pm

What if the Universe 6 Saiyans had tails?
Caulifla best girl! :)

saunasolmu
Beyond Newbie

Post by saunasolmu » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:44 pm

What if
a) Cell trains for the week before the Cell games
b) Cell trains in the hyperbolic time chamber for two days before the Cell games

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssjcell » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:53 am

saunasolmu wrote:What if
a) Cell trains for the week before the Cell games
b) Cell trains in the hyperbolic time chamber for two days before the Cell games
A gohan still wins
B Gohan gets slaughtered

Oniman
Banned

Post by Oniman » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:49 pm

What Super Buu absorbed Vegito? Is there anyone in U7 could have stop him or would the whole Universe be doomed.
Oh here's to my sweet Satan. The one's who little path would make me sad. Whose power is Satan. He'll give those with him 666.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:08 pm

Oniman wrote:What Super Buu absorbed Vegito? Is there anyone in U7 could have stop him or would the whole Universe be doomed.
Well...if Buugito doesn’t defuse and we go with the old portara rules. I imagine old kai and kabitokai would be desperate enough and wake up Beerus. Who would easily destroy Buugito Which then they would revive all the warriors using the namekian dragon balls.

But let’s say he does kill both kaioshin and beerus is destroyed by that. He’d probably defuse and still be a major threat. Eventually to be destroyed by Broly. Or absorbs Broly. Or may even face off against Commonsome. Idk. This is a big question.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:44 pm

Nobody answered my question.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:46 pm

What if Goku was somehow turned into a vampire, how do you guys figure it would effect his DNA? Would he still be able to turn Super Saiyan or would he have access to all of his power in base form ala ultimate Gohan? If he had his tail would it fall off or would he now be some type of wearbat instead wearape?.. Nothing serious just a fun thought :P
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:19 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:Nobody answered my question.
Nothing wouldn’t really change for them. Except I’d imagine they would just cut off they’re tails to avoid the great ape issues or just learn to adapt.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:21 pm

Oniman wrote:What Super Buu absorbed Vegito? Is there anyone in U7 could have stop him or would the whole Universe be doomed.
I guess Elder Kaioshin would try to contact Beerus to stop him, but who knows if Beerus would agree to it or not. He could be like "He is not my problem" and goes back to sleep.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:52 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:
I guess Elder Kaioshin would try to contact Beerus to stop him, but who knows if Beerus would agree to it or not. He could be like "He is not my problem" and goes back to sleep.
You don’t think he’d be concerned that if he doesn’t, the old kai or kaoishin could die?

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:27 am

What if Broly (Super), OG Broly, Goku Black, Zamasu (with Potaras, but no Infinite Zamasu), Future Trunks, Cooler, Goten, Trunks, Super Janemba, and Omega Shenron form an extra team for the Tournament of Power? Broly gains power at the same rate as in the film, OG Broly of course can go Legendary Super Saiyan, Black can of course go Rose, Zamasu is the same power as the future one and has the same teamwork ability with Goku Black as in the future, but has no immortality, Future Trunks has the Rage transformation. All of them, even mindless killers like Janemba, don't kill people in the tournament.

Because of the appearance of another Jiren-level fighter, Gohan has the potential to go UI Omen and possibly MUI if pushed enough throughout the tournament, to give U7 a chance.

What happens throughout the tournament and who wins? Will U7 still reign supreme, will U11 somehow use the extra team to their advantage and take the win? Or will the extra team pull the victory?

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:10 pm

Holiday/Crossover What If
What if the Seven Holiday Doors from The Nightmare Before Christmas existed in the Dragon Ball World?

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:43 pm

Champa The Destroyer wrote:What if Broly (Super), OG Broly, Goku Black, Zamasu (with Potaras, but no Infinite Zamasu), Future Trunks, Cooler, Goten, Trunks, Super Janemba, and Omega Shenron form an extra team for the Tournament of Power? Broly gains power at the same rate as in the film, OG Broly of course can go Legendary Super Saiyan, Black can of course go Rose, Zamasu is the same power as the future one and has the same teamwork ability with Goku Black as in the future, but has no immortality, Future Trunks has the Rage transformation. All of them, even mindless killers like Janemba, don't kill people in the tournament.

Because of the appearance of another Jiren-level fighter, Gohan has the potential to go UI Omen and possibly MUI if pushed enough throughout the tournament, to give U7 a chance.

What happens throughout the tournament and who wins? Will U7 still reign supreme, will U11 somehow use the extra team to their advantage and take the win? Or will the extra team pull the victory?
Gohan definitely can't go UI. He has no training for it. It's a skill that Goku trained in for several years before finally attaining.

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:04 pm

nickzambuto wrote:
Champa The Destroyer wrote:What if Broly (Super), OG Broly, Goku Black, Zamasu (with Potaras, but no Infinite Zamasu), Future Trunks, Cooler, Goten, Trunks, Super Janemba, and Omega Shenron form an extra team for the Tournament of Power? Broly gains power at the same rate as in the film, OG Broly of course can go Legendary Super Saiyan, Black can of course go Rose, Zamasu is the same power as the future one and has the same teamwork ability with Goku Black as in the future, but has no immortality, Future Trunks has the Rage transformation. All of them, even mindless killers like Janemba, don't kill people in the tournament.

Gohan definitely can't go UI. He has no training for it. It's a skill that Goku trained in for several years before finally attaining.

Yeah, I know, I just added it as a hypothetical to give U7 a chance. It's the same thing as Broly going SS4, there's no way it would ever happen, but it's for coolness factor/to give U7 a chance.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:42 am

Nobody answered my question. C'mon guys, where's your holiday spirit?

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:50 am

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:What if the Universe 6 Saiyans had tails?
Maybe it might have turned the balance of power in their favor, or maybe not.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:09 am

Hulk10 wrote:
Not this question, this one.
What if the Seven Holiday Doors from The Nightmare Before Christmas existed in the Dragon Ball World?

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:11 am

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:
Not this question, this one.
I chose to answer that first one and as for the second one I have no idea.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.