Dragon Ball Super International News & Speculation (Read First Post)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Super International News & Speculation (Read First Post)

Post by TheRed259 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:34 am

Poland: Polsat Games (October 15, 2018)
Greece: Nickelodeon (December 26, 2018)

Most likely DB Super will also premiere in Cyprus (Nickelodeon) on December 26.

DB_Fan1991
Advanced Regular

Post by DB_Fan1991 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:50 pm

I’m surprised that there is nothing about a Catalan, Basque & Galician dub.
[url=http://www.facebook.com/Son.Goku.Densetsu]Facebook[/url]

wjbraden
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wjbraden » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:15 pm

DB_Fan1991 wrote:I’m surprised that there is nothing about a Catalan, Basque & Galician dub.
Apparently, Turner Europe has a stranglehold on the TV rights for all of Spain since the show is being aired on a nationally-broadcast network (Boing Spain). Since nationally-broadcast networks take precedence over regionally-broadcast networks like TV Catalunya and TV Galicia - Catalan, Galician and Basque parties are unable to buy the rights at this time.
Interested in learning about the many international dubs of Dragon Ball? Then contribute to our Dragon Ball International Dubs spreadsheet here!: https://goo.gl/Zay3za It's open for anyone to edit* and view, so go ahead and add your own information to our ever-growing list!

* If you request access with a google account.

DB_Fan1991
Advanced Regular

Post by DB_Fan1991 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:59 pm

So maybe once the Spanish dub is complete we’ll see the other 3.
[url=http://www.facebook.com/Son.Goku.Densetsu]Facebook[/url]

wjbraden
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wjbraden » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:38 pm

DB_Fan1991 wrote:So maybe once the Spanish dub is complete we’ll see the other 3.
That's what people over there are thinking.

It'll probably happen eventually, considering the Catalaonias and Galacians even recently dubbed the Final Chapters of Kai, so there's definitely still a demand to run Super.
Interested in learning about the many international dubs of Dragon Ball? Then contribute to our Dragon Ball International Dubs spreadsheet here!: https://goo.gl/Zay3za It's open for anyone to edit* and view, so go ahead and add your own information to our ever-growing list!

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:45 pm

Maybe that guy that said Toei goes all maternal and says "No Super until you finish Kai!" to countries that didnt do just that.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

wjbraden
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wjbraden » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:06 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:Maybe that guy that said Toei goes all maternal and says "No Super until you finish Kai!" to countries that didnt do just that.
While I think that stipulation may be in place for many regions, I don't think it applies for Spain.

For one, Catalonia and Galicia DID dub the entirety of Kai, including the final chapters. The Basque dub was the only one who didn't finish with the final chapters, and the Castilian dub didn't air the show AT ALL.

For those of you lost, here's a little history (don't quote me here, due to the language barriers, I'm not entirely confident all of my research is 100% correct, to all of my Spaniard friends here, feel free to correct me). Spain is very unique in that there are several legally recognized languages/dialects in addition to the nationally recognized Castilian Spanish, including Catalonian, Galician, Valencian, Balear and Basque. In the past, many shows, animes in particular, were dubbed into many of these languages on behalf of a consortium of regional channels called the Federation of Regional Organizations of Radio and Television (FORTA in Spanish). DB, DBZ, DBGT were dubbed into five of the languages, Catalonian, Galician, Valencian, and Basque. The Catalonian network TV3 was actually the first to receive the rights to Dragon Ball, so they would dub the show into Catalonian. Due to the show's runaway success, other regions would produce a localized dub of the show, including Castilian (though this would happen some years later). Due to the way the shows were licensed and distributed through FORTA, there weren't many legal issues back in the era of regional television broadcasts. In fact, many political figures held the organization in high regard for the production of these localized dubs because they helped children learn and preserve regional language, dialects and culture (like Basque, for instance, which is actually one of the only actively spoken languages left in western Europe not based on a Romance language, and was once been considered a "dying language" before cultural and lingual preservation were emphasized in government).

But now things are different, especially with the advent of cable networks which broadcast nationally instead of regionally (and only in Castilian). Kai didn't get tied up in legal issues for Catalonia, Galacia and Basque Country because a Castilian dub was never produced or shopped around to Spanish cable networks. However, since Super was licensed for Boing, it appears there's some legal issues now for regional networks like TV3 and TVG to get their hands on Super. It's all very interesting stuff.

wjbraden
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wjbraden » Wed May 01, 2019 5:26 am

Hey guys, I just wanted to give you an update and let you know that my International dubs spreadsheet got vandalized a few days ago, with someone deleting a ton of information and adding silly pictures everywhere. I reverted everything back to the way it should be, but unfortunately, from now on all users are going to have to send me a request to edit the spreadsheet to prevent this sort of thing from happening again (it already happened to me with another similar project I was doing, but I didn’t want to have to do it with this one so it would be easy for you guys to go in and make quick edits without having to login and all that bs - but sadly I have to resort to this so all of our hard work doesn’t get ruined).
Anyways, sorry for the hassle, and thanks again for helping me with the project and/or checking it out. You guys rock! 😊

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:51 pm

It seems that DragonBall Super will air soon in the Philippines dubbed in Tagalog.

From the instagram page of Jefferson Utanes (Goku in the Tagalog dub):
https://www.instagram.com/p/B0Mqj1rhQbQ
Down to my last ep... for now... 😊 Thank you Lord for this amazing and productive project! ‘Til we meet again, Goku! 😊♥️

wjbraden
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wjbraden » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:38 pm

TheRed259 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:51 pm It seems that DragonBall Super will air soon in the Philippines dubbed in Tagalog.

From the instagram page of Jefferson Utanes (Goku in the Tagalog dub):
https://www.instagram.com/p/B0Mqj1rhQbQ
Down to my last ep... for now... 😊 Thank you Lord for this amazing and productive project! ‘Til we meet again, Goku! 😊♥️
Neat, a new dub! By the way, is there any news on the Hebrew, Castillian, and Greek dubs, or any other dubs that haven't finished the series yet?

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:04 am

The last episodes of Super will air in Italy starting tomorrow.

The German dub is in the Tournament of Power.

The Thai dub has still only 26 episodes dubbed.

Still no news on when Greece will get new episodes.

I also read somewhere that France will show the last episodes in October.

Don't know about the Hebrew or Castilian dubs.

By the way, the Latin American, the Brazilian, the Portugal, the Hungarian and Polish dubs have already finished.

wjbraden
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wjbraden » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:50 pm

TheRed259 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:04 am The last episodes of Super will air in Italy starting tomorrow.

The German dub is in the Tournament of Power.

The Thai dub has still only 26 episodes dubbed.

Still no news on when Greece will get new episodes.

I also read somewhere that France will show the last episodes in October.

Don't know about the Hebrew or Castilian dubs.

By the way, the Latin American, the Brazilian, the Portugal, the Hungarian and Polish dubs have already finished.
Thanks for the update, I wonder what some of the hold up is for some of those dubs then.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:38 pm

TheRed259 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:02 am DBS airs in Russia on 2x2 since August 26, 2019:
https://www.facebook.com/2x2tv/videos/896277937413498
That's both cool and weird since they canceled the initial dbz run.

wjbraden
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wjbraden » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:25 pm

TheRed259 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:02 am DBS airs in Russia on 2x2 since August 26, 2019:
https://www.facebook.com/2x2tv/videos/896277937413498
Huh, wonder how that went under all our noses. Too bad it sounds like they are using a lector dub, especially since DBZ was a regular one.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:43 pm

In Cyrillic: А Теперь Гоку
Врывается В Россию!
In Latin: A Teper' Goku
Vryvaetsya V Rossiju!
"Now Goku breaks into Russia"

They apparently forgot they aired Z before :lol:

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:59 am

Tian wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:43 pm
Врывается В Россию!
Vryvaetsya V Rossiju!

Not all of it.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:55 pm

sangofe wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:59 am
Tian wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:43 pm
Врывается В Россию!
Vryvaetsya V Rossiju!

Not all of it.
Yeah, I know about the 26 episode run of Z.

From what I've seen in the channel's webpage, they are currently at episode 29. That's good but... I've got this feeling that 2x2 may stop airing it at some point. Not only because of what happened to Z but also because what happened to One Piece. The latter was stopped at episode 130 because according to a representative of Comix Art, 2x2 wasn't interested into buying the following episodes.

It's not like Super is the only anime aired in the channel but it will be pretty sad for the fanbase (which unfortunately is pretty small due to the late and limited release of the franchise) if it stops.