"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by prince212 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:33 pm

New chapter is coming soon , I guess we will get some buu stuff if they are able to wake him up .
Looks soon for the goat to be in the scene . It’s all open with nothing predictable, I like it .
Do we know if the galactic patrol works in other universes or is just around u7 ?
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:00 pm

prince212 wrote:New chapter is coming soon , I guess we will get some buu stuff if they are able to wake him up .
Looks soon for the goat to be in the scene . It’s all open with nothing predictable, I like it .
Do we know if the galactic patrol works in other universes or is just around u7 ?
They're only mentioned in U7, and I don't think Jaco is shown a reaction about other universes existing, but the way he talks about it (Even in chapter 42), it seems like they only deal with universe 7, perhaps Universe 6 has a counterpart for them, but Cabba mentioned that saiyans get hired to deal with crime with no mention of galactic patrol.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:10 pm

prince212 wrote:New chapter is coming soon , I guess we will get some buu stuff if they are able to wake him up .
The official release is a very long 9 days away....

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:17 am

I hope Toyotaro don't disappoint us again, he now is handling an original story that wasn't depicted anywhere before, I really hope it's good.

TKA wrote:There aren't enough facepalms in the world. Look, dude, these "gotcha" type posts with no substance in them should be left for twitter or youtube. I'm putting you on my ignore list so I don't have to keep engaging with you.
You know you can always report, right?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Liquir » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:38 pm

DBS Manga Volume 8 Sales Numbers for the first week:

TKA
Advanced Regular

Post by TKA » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:23 pm

Liquir wrote:DBS Manga Volume 8 Sales Numbers for the first week:
How's this compare to previous volumes?
The Creatives who inspire me: Akira Toriyama, George Lucas, Chris Nolan, J. R. R. Tolkien and Zack Snyder

http://i.imgur.com/XAnj7Yi.jpg

You saw Batman v Superman? Is it the Ultimate Edition? No? Then you haven't seen Batman v Superman. Also, the Snyder Cut is the greatest, non-deconstructionist ensemble comic book film ever made.

Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Liquir » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:15 pm

TKA wrote:
In comparison of the first week only, it's in the the top sales of all volumes, alongside Volume 4 and Volume 6 which were also around 150-155K in the first week.
Tho Volume 4 holds the record in fastest sold 151K, in just 4 Days.
Last edited by Liquir on Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:15 pm

TKA wrote:
Looks average, not enough to be on the top 10 by series.
2017 total sales were around 15th position in Japan i.i.r.c
2018 numbers were release ( fiscal year ends in December ) , it’s not in top 10 , not a surprise .
Anime did better , being around 5th-7th . Being close to one piece helped, in fact the episode with less % audience was the special doble episode when one piece didn’t aired . I took those number from here viewtopic.php?f=25&t=30872

Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Liquir » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:00 pm

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:14 pm

Liquir wrote:https://twitter.com/GovetaXV/status/1073628027056050176
SS Broly by Toyotaro:
Not my favorite of the 4 drawings he made of broly ...
Just want a good one of cheeJane !!!

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:46 pm

SS Broly by Toyotaro:
wow it's hideous.

I hope he doesnt screw up this next arc. I'm really excited for it

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:15 pm

From a writing standpoint Toyotaro's TOP was better than the anime's. Visually Toyotaro didn't do so well in that arc. Anime was better in the main fights.
I believe the new arc will be decent from a story point. Lets hope the fight scenes are just as good.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:55 pm

PFM18 wrote:
SS Broly by Toyotaro:
wow it's hideous.

I hope he doesnt screw up this next arc. I'm really excited for it
The coloring might be distasteful, but Broly looks absolutely fine. No different than what he's been drawing.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:02 pm

Miracles wrote:From a writing standpoint Toyotaro's TOP was better than the anime's.
I couldn't disagree more. I also don't see how this is relevant either.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:12 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Miracles wrote:From a writing standpoint Toyotaro's TOP was better than the anime's.
I couldn't disagree more. I also don't see how this is relevant either.
It's relevant cause both TOP's are finally finished. Also, yes the manga's TOP was better written due to situations having reasons behind them. The way Goku obtains UI, there was no friendship boosts, and simple things like giving reasons why a tired Goku and Vegeta could handle Jiren towards the end. Due to that, the new arc will be just as coherent cause Toyotaro likes to keep continuity with classic Dragonball.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:31 pm

Miracles wrote:It's relevant cause both TOP's are finally finished.
how does that make it relevant? How does the fact that the ToP is done in both mediums mean that the anime is somehow relevant to this thread? And you act like this is a recent revelation. That has been true for almost a month now.
Also, yes the manga's TOP was better written due to situations having reasons behind them.
Seriously man? As if there weren't any reasons behind situations in the anime....
The way Goku obtains UI
....You mean by fucking watching Roshi do it? The same guy who Goku has surpassed in knowledge, skill and power decades ago? That scene is an embarrassment to this franchise.
there was no friendship boosts
....You mean the couple scenes in the anime where Goku gains speed from Krillin cheering him on? Or Jiren had a second wind because Toppo cheered him on? How could these possibly be seen as a significant detriment?
simple things like giving reasons why a tired Goku and Vegeta could handle Jiren towards the end.
....as if there was no reason why tired Goku and Freeza could handle Jiren towards the end in the anime?
Due to that, the new arc will be just as coherent cause Toyotaro likes to keep continuity with classic Dragonball.
Most of the time, he completely ruins the narrative of the arc, or the arc in general, so I am hoping that for this arc he steps up his game and this is the outlier that happens to have a compelling and cohesive narrative.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:16 pm

PFM18 wrote:
how does that make it relevant? How does the fact that the ToP is done in both mediums mean that the anime is somehow relevant to this thread? And you act like this is a recent revelation. That has been true for almost a month now.
Also, yes the manga's TOP was better written due to situations having reasons behind them.
Seriously man? As if there weren't any reasons behind situations in the anime....
The way Goku obtains UI
....You mean by fucking watching Roshi do it? The same guy who Goku has surpassed in knowledge, skill and power decades ago? That scene is an embarrassment to this franchise.
....You mean the couple scenes in the anime where Goku gains speed from Krillin cheering him on? Or Jiren had a second wind because Toppo cheered him on? How could these possibly be seen as a significant detriment?
simple things like giving reasons why a tired Goku and Vegeta could handle Jiren towards the end.
....as if there was no reason why tired Goku and Freeza could handle Jiren towards the end in the anime?
Due to that, the new arc will be just as coherent cause Toyotaro likes to keep continuity with classic Dragonball.
Most of the time, he completely ruins the narrative of the arc, or the arc in general, so I am hoping that for this arc he steps up his game and this is the outlier that happens to have a compelling and cohesive narrative.
No, Toyotaro does not ruin the narrative of the arc cause he typically keeps it consistent with classic Dragonball. For example he doesn't without reason have nonsense like fatigue characters handling powered up opponents like a base Goku and freeza on life support handling Jiren who released more power like the anime. Lets add the random friendship boosts in to a story that never really had them in classic DB. Yes since they aren't in connection with OG DB they can be seen as a detriment cause it's a random power pulled out of nowhere.

You also are wrong about how Goku obtained UI in the manga. Roshi REMINDED Goku of those basics, and when he tapped into those basic teachings he easily showed his superiority over Roshi. The fact that Toyo used similar techniques from past DB to connect it with UI was good writing cause it gave Original DB a feeling that it is actually continuing on where it left off! Unlike the anime where he randomly gets UI cause "lolol I resisted huge energy."

There are plenty scenes without reasons IN the anime for things happening. Fans trying to headcannon their way out of them doesn't work either. This is why I brought up the anime, you hoped Toyotaro didn't mess the new arc up. I stated I don't think he is cause his writing has been the best in all of Super. Super is an anime as well. The comparisons are fine even Toyotaro said it's OK to do so.

TKA
Advanced Regular

Post by TKA » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:39 am

I can't enjoy action if the story isn't good. That's like eating icing on a bad cake. That means for me, the manga's action was far, far better than the anime's. :)
The Creatives who inspire me: Akira Toriyama, George Lucas, Chris Nolan, J. R. R. Tolkien and Zack Snyder

http://i.imgur.com/XAnj7Yi.jpg

You saw Batman v Superman? Is it the Ultimate Edition? No? Then you haven't seen Batman v Superman. Also, the Snyder Cut is the greatest, non-deconstructionist ensemble comic book film ever made.

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:43 am

Miracles wrote: The way Goku obtains UI
PFM18 wrote:....You mean by fucking watching Roshi do it? The same guy who Goku has surpassed in knowledge, skill and power decades ago? That scene is an embarrassment to this franchise.
It was embarrassing how youtubers made up that whole roshi ultra instinct out of 2 spoiled pics .
It’s sad that people like you still think that it was UI , and keep the o.m.g reactions after the chapter was full released , when it was clear and stated as a far cry from that technique. All your o.m.g about roshi was just 3 panels tricking him , with a purpose, and real fast putting roshi in his place like the insect he is fighting talking against jiren .
That could be embarrassing.... yes , jiren is the beast of the arc , but don’t pretend your lovely anime didn’t have any embarrassing moments , it has a lot , just talking about roshi he pulled 3 mafubas , one of them taking vegeta , when he’s supposed to die just at once ... and that’s not even in the top 10 of anime embarrassing moments .

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:22 pm

PFM18 wrote:
The way Goku obtains UI
As many anime fans like to say, "This is the manga discussion thread," so actually explain why the stories of the Champa arc and the Future Trunks are were bad.
My explanations for the events of my favorite current manga.

DBS Manga Explained: Goku Black's Transformations