What is the dumbest DB fan theory you have ever heard?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: What is the dumbest DB fan theory you have ever heard?

Post by Grimlock » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:30 pm

Hulk10 wrote:The anime and manga show that the forms are equal in power. sir. That's the evidence. You just don't see it as evidence.
Yeah maybe, but the arcade doesn't subscribe to that, so that's really all that is to it. Nonetheless, Goku from Dende knows when after Dragon Ball GT events can be equal in power in relation to a post-Universe Survival saga Goku, but that doesn't confirm that a Baby Vegeta saga Super Saiyan 4 Goku is equal to a Baby Vegeta saga Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku, on the contrary, that actually shows us that the difference between the two is abysmal. Xeno Goku needed to train a lot to reach the point of being comparable to the current Dragon Ball Super Goku.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:35 pm

Grimlock wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:The anime and manga show that the forms are equal in power. sir. That's the evidence. You just don't see it as evidence.
Yeah maybe, but the arcade doesn't subscribe to that. Nonetheless, Goku from Dende knows when after Dragon Ball GT events can be equal in power in relation to a post-Universe Survival saga Goku, but that doesn't confirm that a Baby Vegeta saga Super Saiyan 4 is equal to a Baby Vegeta saga Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku, on the contrary, that actually shows us that the difference between the two is abysmal. Xeno Goku needed to train a lot to reach the point of being comparable to the current Dragon Ball Super Goku.
I'll go out and say your argument is well reasoned. I don't entirely agree but I can acknowledge your argument is well reasoned. Personally I feel that SSJB has a slight advantage over SSJB since SSJB allows the user to use Kaio-ken, can we agree on that?
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:41 pm

It's well reasoned because it's obvious, like I said, you cannot compare characters from different period. Obviously a base Goku from Majin Buu saga is stronger than base Goku from Freeza saga.

That is the case here, Xeno Goku comes from a point way ahead in comparison to Dragon Ball Super Goku, and if the anime and manga put them at the same level, that actually tells you that Xeno Goku and his Super Saiyan 4 is weaker if we compare both Goku from a closer period. But that doesn't even matter because the arcade already puts Xeno Goku below and the evidence is there in the game, through statement of Xeno Goku himself.
Last edited by Grimlock on Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:42 pm

Well reasoned, yes, obvious no. Anyway I'm done with this debate.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:42 pm

- Vegito was nerfed in the Black arc
- Super Saiyan White Gohan
- Chi-chi has affairs behind Goku's back

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:11 pm

zarmack wrote:- Super Saiyan White Gohan
Well we did effectively get 'Super Saiyan White' Goku, so that one wasn't too far off...
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:27 pm

I just don't understand why people think LSS and SS C Type are connected to Ikari just because Broly used them stacked up on each other. :problem:

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:10 pm

I've noticed that a lot of these "dumb" fan theories aren't really all that dumb. Legitimately dumb theories are getting mixed up with easy misconceptions, debunked theories from when the series was still airing, dub-created inconsistencies, and elements of the lore explained after the fact.

Gohan is Goten's father = Dumb. Who was 8-year-old Gohan fucking that led to Goten? What, is Goku Goten's real mommy?

Goku Black might be using Future Goku's dead body = Possible speculation that has since been debunked, but potentially possible at the time it was made since time travel was involved.

All of Z, GT, Super, Heroes, Online, everything after Namek is just Super Saiyan Son Goku's dying dreams of what could have been as the planet explodes and that's why there are inconsistencies in canon = Dumb. Period.

Yamoshi was the villain of movie 20 = It seemed obvious at the time that the new movie would have something to do with the original Super Saiyan God. Only in hindsight is it funny that literally nothing came of Yamoshi.

Saiyans reproduce asexually = Dumb. For starters, Son Goku was happy to display his wiener all throughout Dragon Ball, and the very first joke in the entire series is literally about castrated (dragon) balls from none other than Mr. Marriage-Is-A-Food himself. If you reproduce asexually, you don't need one of those. Maybe they just thought that since Goku was voice by a woman, that meant Saiyans played both roles? Still, explain Raditz, Nappa, and Vegeta's VAs then.

King Cold might be stronger than Freeza = Reasonable to believe. His design is that of Freeza's second form, and the dub line was that the senshi detected two equal powers approaching Earth while Toriyama himself said that both Cold and Freeza are mutants of their race, possessing extraordinary power (with Cold still behind Freeza). If one believes that Cold is indeed capable of more transformations, it's reasonable to believe he might at least approach Freeza in power.

The difference between outdated speculation and purely dumb fan theories is that the latter have no basis whatsoever and require leaps that even Dragon Ball wouldn't take. A rogue kaio being Goku Black was just as possible as Future Goku's reanimated body in a world of magic and cyborgs. Goten being Goku Black is dumb-dumb-dumb-dumb-dumb, always has been, always will be, world without end amen.
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:49 pm

Goku can bench press multiverses.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:28 am

Goku Black being Goten and Hit leaving "clones" on the arena.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:08 am

The idea that only Goku can use SSJ4 at will is ludicrous but its not so much a theory as its shown in the subbed translations.

But regardless its stupid and inane and I hate that its on the dragon ball wikia…………………... :evil:

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:26 am

God Fusion Goku from the 4D movie is stronger than all fictional characters because he fused with power from real people.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:25 am

Hulk10 wrote:The idea that only Goku can use SSJ4 at will is ludicrous but its not so much a theory as its shown in the subbed translations.

But regardless its stupid and inane and I hate that its on the dragon ball wikia…………………... :evil:
Vegeta says that Goku is special case to turn SSJ4 at will but remember that Vegeta didn't have a tail.
If he had a tail he would be able to turn SSJ4 at will as well.
So that's what he most likely meant. The "special case" is simply a fact that Goku had his tail pulled off by Kais.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:15 am

sunsetshimmer wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:The idea that only Goku can use SSJ4 at will is ludicrous but its not so much a theory as its shown in the subbed translations.

Vegeta says that Goku is special case to turn SSJ4 at will but remember that Vegeta didn't have a tail.
If he had a tail he would be able to turn SSJ4 at will as well.
So that's what he most likely meant. The "special case" is simply a fact that Goku had his tail pulled off by Kais.
Yeah I agree.

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:26 pm

- Beerus still being stronger than Jiren, MUI Goku and SSB Gogeta
- Whis created Majin Buu

ruler9871
Regular

Post by ruler9871 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:32 pm

1. Goten being Goku Black, probably the all-time dumbest DB theory.
2. The Angels are secretly evil
3. Saiyan beyond-God was retconned
4. The world will explode of Mystic Gohan goes SSJ
zarmack wrote:The whole "Dragonball is only supposed to be light and funny" mentality that exist in a lot of the fandom is in many ways even dumber than the "edgeload" side of the fandom. You know, the contrarians who think DB should be a Slice-of-Life series, the folks who worship Pre-Raditz Dragonball uncritically, the folks who downplay and often flat-out deny that Dragonball is an action series, the folks who try to push that false argument that none of the serious moments in the series were mean't to be taken seriously, etc.

Dragonball doesn't have a single tone. It has both silly and serious moments, both humor and drama, just like real life. The idea that a work of fiction should be only all-comedy or all-serious is unnatural and frankly, retarded.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:56 am

ruler9871 wrote: 3. Saiyan beyond-God was retconned
It was though? Why would they use SSJ God then? Saiyan Beyond God was meant to gain them SSJG power in base right? Correct me if i'm wrong. Anyway, no one ever implied their ki can't be sensed in base and their base forms never displayed power comparable to SSJG. They would one shot beings like Frost in base.

ruler9871 wrote: 4. The world will explode of Mystic Gohan goes SSJ
Just wtf. He already did that in Battle of Gods movie to create a SSJ God Goku (and even fight Beerus in early version of movie) + it's implied that GT Gohan has ultimate in base (although it might be just equivalent of power, not form itself). When Ultimate Gohan was fighting Kefla (in manga) he said he won't turn SSJ because he decided to follow different path of getting stronger. If turning SSJ was dangerous he would've said that. It's really dumb.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:53 am

1. Goku Black is really Goten.
2. Daishinkan/Grand Priest is really evil and will interrupt the Tournament of Power.
3. Future Zeno is Zamasu.
4. Future Trunks in DBS is actually Present Trunks/GT Trunks because of the bandana.
5. Future Trunks' red bandana is a trophy after defeating Future #17.
6. Goku has "defensive" UI and Vegeta will get "offensive" UI.
7. Frieza will change team in Tournament of Power and later become God of Destruction in u9.
8. Nine Super Dragon Balls instead of seven (I've heard it before Super even aired).
9. Goku Black's body belonged to Future Goku.
10. Super Saiyan Rosé is one level beyond Super Saiyan Blue and Goku will get it.
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:11 am

Trouser wrote: 8. Nine Super Dragon Balls instead of seven (I've heard it before Super even aired).
I don't think that was a theory, but an actual idea that was eventually dropped. The cover page for chapter 1 of the manga initially had a dragon ball with 9 stars in it. It was removed in the tankobon

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:39 am

mute_proxy wrote:
Trouser wrote: 8. Nine Super Dragon Balls instead of seven (I've heard it before Super even aired).
I don't think that was a theory, but an actual idea that was eventually dropped. The cover page for chapter 1 of the manga initially had a dragon ball with 9 stars in it. It was removed in the tankobon
Oh, I never knew about it. Thank you for clarifying!
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.