Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

NeoKING
Advanced Regular

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by NeoKING » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:21 pm

No one's mentioning the Truffles that showed up with Zamasu?

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:28 pm

NeoKING wrote:No one's mentioning the Truffles that showed up with Zamasu?
We already know a little bit about them. They were revealed in this month's V-Jump, though all it said about them aside from card details were that they were "mysterious warriors," who would play a big role starting in the next promotional anime episode, and that they might look familiar to the reader (obviously referencing their resemblance to Baby -- who, I might remind people, is not actually a Tsufruian himself, but a Machine Mutant created by them).

Their names are Oren (オレン) (boy) and Kamin (カミン) (girl), taken from the "orange" (オレンジ/orenji) and the Japanese word for "mandarin orange" (みかん/mikan), respectively.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:33 pm

Music is great and that remains the sole positive. Cumber has to go down one of the lamest antagonists ever, felt nothing with the beat down which in itself was a couple pot shots then a KMH ends it.

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:48 pm

It's kind of a testament to where Heroes stands in comparison to Dragon Ball as a whole that it decided to bring in the form whose primary aspects were it's effortless movement and fluidity and proceeded to give it one of the stiffest and most stilted battles I think I've ever seen in this franchise.

Cumber sucks but I guess that makes me glad to see him go. Can't wait to see how much Zamasu doesn't act like Zamasu.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:59 pm

I liked how the SSJB and SSJ4 were shown to be evenly matched.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:06 pm

I didn't think Dragon Ball Heroes could make goddamn Ultra Instinct look like garbage in combat but Dragon Ball Heroes is the terrible gift that keeps on giving shit.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:27 pm

Just watched the newest episode and I've gotta say UI was awesome in that episode.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:01 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:I didn't think Dragon Ball Heroes could make goddamn Ultra Instinct look like garbage in combat but Dragon Ball Heroes is the terrible gift that keeps on giving shit.
Yeah, I just watched it and wow are its scenes flat. The whole episode was that way. I knew something was up when I saw the lack of strain Xeno Goku and Vegeta were having with that ki ball from Cumber. It's like no effort was put into the animation to show their struggle with it.

And let me just say I'm SICK of non-lethal Kamehamehas ending fights. That got old 1/4 of the way through the ToP. Let it be a swift gut punch or something. I'm almost to the point where I never want to see a Kamehameha again and that's just sad.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:34 am

Forte224 wrote:And let me just say I'm SICK of non-lethal Kamehamehas ending fights. That got old 1/4 of the way through the ToP. Let it be a swift gut punch or something. I'm almost to the point where I never want to see a Kamehameha again and that's just sad.
Not to mention that Yamamuro once again used the exact same pose he always draws for Goku using the Kamehameha these days, which made it feel even more repetitive.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:28 am

I think Cumber isn't actually dead.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:03 am

That new episode was insane. I have to know what happens afterwards.

I wish the Ultra Instinct theme music had been used though.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:32 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:I think Cumber isn't actually dead.
Of course he isn't.

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:15 pm

So many new villains coming out and so many who have never been shown in the anime. I wish the anime could come back and include villains Mechikabura, Demigra, Mira, Towa, Fu, Planet Eater Moro, Cirrus, Cumba and Ozotto. But hey at least we got Broly
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:50 pm

KingKaash wrote:So many new villains coming out and so many who have never been shown in the anime. I wish the anime could come back and include villains Mechikabura, Demigra, Mira, Towa, Fu, Planet Eater Moro, Cirrus, Cumba and Ozotto. But hey at least we got Broly
So many new stories coming out and so many that have never been told in the anime. I wish the anime could come back and include Dark Demon Realm saga, Prison Planet saga, "Android 21 saga", Universal Conflict saga, Dark King Mechikabura saga. But hey at least we got retellings and tournaments.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:18 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Music is great and that remains the sole positive. Cumber has to go down one of the lamest antagonists ever, felt nothing with the beat down which in itself was a couple pot shots then a KMH ends it.
The anime wasnt going to do anyone justice, I hope he gets better in future arcs and the manga/game

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:32 pm

NeoKING wrote:No one's mentioning the Truffles that showed up with Zamasu?
They look more like Maijins.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:01 pm

They're Machine Mutants. The girl in twin tails does look like a Majin though.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:47 pm

Nice episode as expected! :thumbup:

Goku nowhere to be seen is always marvelous. He really isn't missed, hopefully he doesn't return so soon. Even though it was nine minutes long, I felt it was a bit longer than the usual. Great characters in an interesting plot, all I ask for in a modern Dragon Ball. :) Can't wait to get more information from the arcade now to know what is going on.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:00 pm

I really do wonder what makes you think any of these characters are interesting, or what about this plot is anything but more people fighting to you, or how either of those differ from the main series such that you condescend to others about how great it is so often. The only thing that gave me even a thought about anyone here was "oh hey, it's Takehito Koyasu".

Which is not to say it wasn't a better episode than most, it's just that the standard is still at rock bottom. The animation was obviously still completely static and with little sense of depth or space, but at the very least there were enough different characters involved that the action didn't feel too stale. I hate the designs of the new baddies (which makes sense, as they appear to be GT-related, and I hate the designs in that show), and they basically wasted the U6 characters since they never have enough time in each episode to build up any kind of dynamic or weight to any battles. Not even an explanation for why anyone is here or why they might, oh god, actually care about what they're doing.

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:35 pm

Grimlock wrote:Nice episode as expected! :thumbup:

Goku nowhere to be seen is always marvelous. He really isn't missed, hopefully he doesn't return so soon. Even though it was nine minutes long, I felt it was a bit longer than the usual. Great characters in an interesting plot, all I ask for in a modern Dragon Ball. :) Can't wait to get more information from the arcade now to know what is going on.
Indeed, i thought it was an okay start to this arc. We got several characters doing things, the music was nice and art for the most part was, as usual, polished. Curious how this arc continues...