Erasing Earth's memories of Boo...

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Erasing Earth's memories of Boo...

Post by nickzambuto » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:32 am

What are your thoughts on this? It kind of bothers me. After making it such a big deal that the humans were saving themselves for once, having them immediately forget about it just seems weak. Having them forget about the terror of Majin Boo is also pretty weak. It's like a major event and storyline didn't even really happen.

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Erasing Earth's memories of Boo...

Post by Ssjcell » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:28 am

Agreed never really liked this but at the end of the day it is what it is.

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:26 pm

Yeah when you put it like that, it does sound kind of bad. I liked the idea the world kind of started to recognize what was going on around them.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:10 am

It does make the second "Final" Genki Dama all the more sweeter in GT. Specially since it is then Goku is finally acknowledged as Earth's Hero. Yes, I dont mind GT sue me.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:01 am

It was way too convenient imo

I'm always been an admirer of Toriyama's simplistic way of resolving crisis, but I personally felt....it was by FAR, most selfish wish on Goku's part...or rather Toriyama's part

You have killing machine killing humans in most humiliating way possible, then exterminating them in most brutal way...frickin blasting their homeworld like it was trash...all of dat & humanity is supposed to simply have their "memories" erased?

Do the math.

Keep Good Boo alive, erase the memories of humans, riskin manifestation of another evil Boo incarnation & jeopardizing earth & mankind's future.

Or....

Simply squash Boo & call it a day.

I really dont think keeping Good Boo alive adds any value to Goku or DB in the long run

Wishin mankinds memories to be erased (while it may be beneficial as it removes unwanted fear) simply cheapens the value of humanity in DB imo

TheBigBoy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheBigBoy » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:06 am

I mean, the central moral question of Dragon Ball seems to be "Does it make Goku happy?" I don't think it's meant to be thought about to much.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:30 pm

Is it that they forgot all of the events or that they simply don't remember Boo? Funny enough, I'd say that more people saw Piccolo and they seemed to be busy fine without having their memories of him wiped out.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:40 pm

TheGreatness25 wrote:Is it that they forgot all of the events or that they simply don't remember Boo? Funny enough, I'd say that more people saw Piccolo and they seemed to be busy fine without having their memories of him wiped out.
Yet he still changed his name when they went to the TB in the Boo Saga.